iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

True_RL

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Congrats to everyone receiving their phones.

I order through T-Mobile and I am stilling waiting for a charge. I ordered my iPhone 7 Plus Black 32GB, on 9/10 at 7:30pm ET - Estimated delivery 11/01-11/30.

buellertech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So just for the heck of it I started a chat window from my apple account window to check the status and see if they could reserve me one at local store to avoid waiting. They said because it was associated with my Verizon account and phone number that they couldn't. I only associated with Verizon because they require a certain radio in the phone and I was told you needed to specify Verizon to get that version. So that kinda sucks, they did say that it looks to leave their wharehouse between Sept-23-Sept 30th lol. Gotta love the huge gap, so hopefully it leaves by tomorrow if not sooner and gets here early next week. I really do think they had an issue with shipping per one of the previous comments about mechanical failure.

noto220

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
099b2cbabc736233ee60fa0cbb97ad9a.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Just got my black (matte) 128GB Plus today. "Ordered" via the web form on the 14th for the Upgrade Program after getting the email that they screwed up pre-orders for those of us on the program and we could fill out a form with what we wanted and they'd tell us when it's ready. Originally was told by the 26th then got an email last night telling me to go pick it up today with no reservation needed. I figured it was still going to be a sucky experience with no appointment/reservation time just "go during store hours" but I actually only waited about 15-20 minutes at about 1:30 this afternoon. Not as good as the email made it sound (check in then "ask to speak to a manager") but still far better than it could have been because the store was very busy. Now just counting down the hours until I'm off work and can go restore my password secured local backup from my PC.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
OK - I'll ask about the elephant in the room - are there manufacturing problems; did they SEVERELY underestimate demand; or is this all a show for financial analysts "look how swamped we are with orders"? I ordered 9/10 and no relief from a 10/4-1011 window - could be worse, AT&T is quoting 25 BUSINESS days...

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
OK - I'll ask about the elephant in the room - are there manufacturing problems; did they SEVERELY underestimate demand; or is this all a show for financial analysts "look how swamped we are with orders"? I ordered 9/10 and no relief from a 10/4-1011 window - could be worse, AT&T is quoting 25 BUSINESS days...

I think mfr's do tend to create an artificial shortage to help the numbers look good, but my personal (and very uneducated guess) is that this time it's a combination of the artificial shortage combined with actually getting way more pre-orders than they expected and causing an even larger backlog than Apple intended.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Instead of Mid-October delivery, I got an email that it will be delivered today. But then since yesterday, I got another message that there is a mechanical problem at Inchon Korea and it is delaying the delivery. Since the problem is in Korea, I wonder if it was sabotaged by Samsung? Does anyone has the similar problem?

walkingrock

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I got notification of shipping today (yesterday, Friday, the 23rd), and got a tracking number. I ordered from Verizon store at 4:30pm on Friday, the 9th. Got charged on my Visa yesterday for the sales tax and activation fee. I ordered a 128gb, Rose Gold, 7+. I was anxious yesterday, but pretty happy to get that info today. I didn't pay extra for shipping. Had a receive by date of 10/5; and it is in Tennessee, scheduled to arrive here on Tuesday, the 27th. Can't wait!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73