iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Apple finally shipped my 9/9 pre-order for a Black 256GB iPhone 7 Plus. If one is to take the status notifications at face value, Apple took 7 days to "process" the pre-order and 4 days to "prepare" it. UPS has not yet provided a scheduled delivery date but I estimate that it may take 4 days to deliver the package from Foxconn's plant in Zhengzhou. The serial number already appears on my Apple Support Profile but Chipmunk was not able to decode it (other than provide the factory information I already had). I am curious about how many days it can take Apple to ship an iPhone that is in high demand after a unit is manufactured.

Last edited:

Hoggles

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I just checked, mine is in Korea too. Still arriving Wednesday.

That's interesting some of yours took a trip to Korea? I thought all the iPhones shipped straight out of ZhengZhou, China, to whatever country it will end up in?

Seems odd they went to Korea first.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting some of yours took a trip to Korea? I thought all the iPhones shipped straight out of ZhengZhou, China, to whatever country it will end up in?

Seems odd they went to Korea first.

Whichever route they took, in my case, turned out to be a total screw up. My delivery date keeps changing everyday, I don't have the time to sit home and wait for Apple or UPS to get their act together so I have to rethink my options, at this point.
Because the more this goes on, the more Apple slides into "all hype, zero substance" territory, in which case I may very well have done my last Apple purchase, which I may still cancel since they can't seem to deliver.

I'm all for giving 2nd chances and all that jazz but there's a difference between patience and stupidity.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Whichever route they took, in my case, turned out to be a total screw up. My delivery date keeps changing everyday, I don't have the time to sit home and wait for Apple or UPS to get their act together so I have to rethink my options, at this point.
Because the more this goes on, the more Apple slides into "all hype, zero substance" territory, in which case I may very well have done my last Apple purchase, which I may still cancel since they can't seem to deliver.

I'm all for giving 2nd chances and all that jazz but there's a difference between patience and stupidity.

Sounds like our phones may be on the same plane (or alongside, not loaded...). My date went from 9/22 to 9/20 to 9/21 no delivery information available.. 'we are planning to plan to reschedule your delivery". Your package is in transit and will be shipped to the destination city (duh!).

It was on and off delivery schedule before it ever left China!

Meanwhile, did receive from Apple the "welcome to your new device/ schedule your device orientation now". On the day it SHOULD HAVE BEEN delivered (in best-case scenario).

Attachments

• IMG_0032.PNG
    IMG_0032.PNG
    245.7 KB · Views: 21

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Apple finally shipped my 9/9 pre-order for a Black 256GB iPhone 7 Plus. If one is to take the status notifications at face value, Apple took 7 days to "process" the pre-order and 4 days to "prepare" it. UPS has not yet provided a scheduled delivery date but I estimate that it may take 4 days to deliver the package from Foxconn's plant in Zhengzhou. The serial number already appears on my Apple Support Profile but Chipmunk was not able to decode it (other than provide the factory information I already had). I am curious about how many days it can take Apple to ship an iPhone that is in high demand after a unit is manufactured.

Update: UPS provided a 9/22 scheduled delivery date --a pleasant surprise! Now I can only wish for a unit with a noiseless processor and a bright display that does not have a yellow tint.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
OH FOR #### SAKES: Check out my last est update, its back to tomorrow.

Scheduled Delivery:
Wednesday, 09/21/2016, By End of Day

b2e8b5c3073bbc099ead3265e2363685.png

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Wahooooo.... iP7+ and Apple Watch s2 in my hands... Now I am just waiting on the port then I will restore and start testing :)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guppy- is yours still on track?

Mine shipped early Sunday 9/18 to deliver 9/22.
UPS changed to 9/21
Then changed to 9/20

Meanwhile, scan showed it in China, en-route to UPS, for 2 days. Picture shipping pallet sitting for days, next to loading ramp, not being loaded, poor things!

Today from UPS "we are updating plans to reschedule..."

Wow. 'we're planning a plan to make a plan.' Thanks UPS

[woops-quoted post from guy who was jealous of EvilGuppy for her ... holy jumping Jesus on a pogo stick early delivery news. Mean to quote Guppy herself!]

LOL confusing, isn't it? 😖😆😂

My phone delivery date has gone from 9/27-29 to 9/22 to 9/21 back to 9/22 and finally back to 9/21, so at this point, I have no idea, I am not trusting the nonsensical bs put out by either Apple or UPS.

This means I am stuck home waiting for a phone that is losing its appeal by each passing update, that I will never buy another Apple device on launch day ever again and that I am considering other options for the future.

Apple can blow me, already. Enough is enough.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The same as last Friday waiting for delivery of my iPhone 7, my iPhone 7 Plus has this message on UPS "We currently have the package. The receiver requested clearance by a non-UPS broker." Despite this last week I still got the phone the same day. I am hoping it is the same but earlier in the day this time.

moc426

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If it is with UPS, apple has nothing to do with it at that point.

Hmmm mine must still be on the drawing board. It's still scheduled to be shipped end of October.

LOL confusing, isn't it? ������

My phone delivery date has gone from 9/27-29 to 9/22 to 9/21 back to 9/22 and finally back to 9/21, so at this point, I have no idea, I am not trusting the nonsensical bs put out by either Apple or UPS.

This means I am stuck home waiting for a phone that is losing its appeal by each passing update, that I will never buy another Apple device on launch day ever again and that I am considering other options for the future.

Apple can blow me, already. Enough is enough.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
If it is with UPS, apple has nothing to do with it at that point.

If I were a company of Apple's means, selling as many devices to as many people as Apple does, charging the obscene prices which Apple does, I would make sure that the transaction goes smoothly from preorder to delivery.

And in that respect, Apple leaves a lot to be desired.

For me at least, I know for a fact that this won't ever happen again since I will not purchase Apple products on release day ever again. And if buying "off season" becomes a headache as well, it will mean that Apple really doesn't need my business after all.

zmenchhofer

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I ordered from Verizon. . .
iPhone 7 plus silver 128G ship date of 10/19
and
iPhone 7 plus silver 256G ship date of 10/12, any one else have this ship date? has theirs been pulled in?

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I just picked mine up from the UPS center. Going to open it when I get home with gloves on lol. Still need a cheap case until my otterbox statement series is available

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I just got this update. Funny that it is time stamped in the future. I receive this at 1700 hours. "We currently have the package. The receiver requested clearance by a non-UPS broker. / As requested, the package was transferred to a Free Trade Zone or a non-UPS broker."

I had this last Friday as well. I'm still hoping that I get my plus tonight.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Edited because I totally goofed lol

I think that once this is over and that I have my new phone all set up and operating, I'm going to drink an entire bottle of my father's best St Emilion and smoke a spliff the size of a table leg.

... And I don't drink, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro