iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The preorder for my wife (128GB Gold) just shipped. It originally had a shipping quote of 9/23-9/30. It was submitted at 3:04 am EST, and was in the 80XX order range. What's confusing to me is that my preorder (128GB Jet Black) is still processing, but was submitted at 2:49 am EST. I received a shipping quote of 10/14-10/21, but I submitted mine first and am in the order range of 6XXX. Both of these preorders were submitted using the myAT&T app.

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Maybe some more cartwheels will help.

Hey if I thought for a second that it would help, I wouldn't hesitate to do the naked Apple Gods dance on my rooftop.
... But I tried that last year and all I got was charged for indecent exposure, lol.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Do any of you think demand was greater than they expected this time, or that they simply didn't have enough stock available?

I think the non black models had sufficient stock, probably as much as they have had in previous years. It's the black models that are heavily constrained.

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
How long does it typically take for the phone to actually be shipped, from the time your credit card is charged and your status changes to Preparing for Shipment?

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My card got charged for my Iphone 7 plus, and the status of my online order has changed to preparing for shipment! :)

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd love to know that too, my card was just charged.

At some point, your device will have just shipped. If you go to UPS (sign up for MyChoice, it's great) and track by reference, put in your order number with the last two numbers removed and you should find your order before it goes to shipped (that is if you're going through UPS)

Apple doesn't send a shipping notification until the device is in Louisville (UPS Worldport) but you can track shipping information LONG before that.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
At some point, your device will have just shipped. If you go to UPS (sign up for MyChoice, it's great) and track by reference, put in your order number with the last two numbers removed and you should find your order before it goes to shipped (that is if you're going through UPS)

Apple doesn't send a shipping notification until the device is in Louisville (UPS Worldport) but you can track shipping information LONG before that.

But my order confirmation says they're shipping it via USPS so that won't help in my case. :)

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
It's funny. I'm relieved that my Iphone order is preparing for shipment and can't be canceled. Now I'm wondering when it will actually ship also, but I'm glad I'm seeing progress. My apple watch, which is arriving tomorrow; has been preparing for shipping for almost a week, since I ordered it.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It's funny. I'm relieved that my Iphone order is preparing for shipment and can't be canceled. Now I'm wondering when it will actually ship also, but I'm glad I'm seeing progress. My apple watch, which is arriving tomorrow; has been preparing for shipping for almost a week, since I ordered it.

Preparing for shipment for almost a week?!?!?! Aarrgghh!!!