iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Guys, lets all take a break from bashing anyone. Apple makes as many phones as they can. I don't think there is too much method to them not having a phone for everyone. If they were to make say 25 million phones for launch day they would likely have to have: a) 30 or more facilities who make the phone, causing the leaks that we see to dramatically increase, b) start production in January, or c) sell us inferior products that were hastily made. Keep in mind their processes for making the iPhone increases each year as they come out with new ways to differentiate themselves from the competition and from their previous model. I assume that shiny new Jet Black option takes quite the process time to complete to get that good look.

Does this happen every year? Yes, but not for the reasons people on here seem to suspect. They are in the business of selling as many phones as they can, don't you think they would rather everyone who wants an iPhone when they come out be able to get them on launch day? Yes, supply and demand are a big reason for them not having what everyone wants, but it is very unlikely that they hold their supply just to make us mad or that they don't make specific models because they knew we want it. Imagine this for a minute: Apple makes 40 million iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models in all varieties for launch day. They sell 25 million of them because the people who aren't quite eligible or can't afford the phone on launch day cannot buy them and so they have dead product for a couple of months, then when the holiday season comes and people are looking to buy them they have those dead 15 million units that were built three months prior, without the new software that will surely be out, without and defects in those units ironed out (See Galaxy Note 7) and keep in mind they are likely still producing them. It doesn't make sense for them to do any of these things. I would urge everyone who is waiting past launch day to keep these things in mind before you swear off Apple. Now don't misunderstand, I think Apple is a great company with some major flaws. I like what they do for education and the environment and for their diversity and acceptance of all people but I do not like their stagnation in some of their products and the fact they charge something around $600 for a leather band for the Apple Watch (see my rant in the Apple Watch Series 2 Forum). I am getting my 256 Black Plus tomorrow so I am also in a different mindset than people who aren't and can remember from years past that my order still being in the "processing" status at this point in the release would have driven me mad but not at Apple or their supply. Hope this helps some of you who might be struggling with waiting for your phone or maybe can be an eye opener for the conspiracy theorists. Cheers.

I'm not mad at Apple. I just don't see how 2 minutes after they were available to sell they were sold out!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Screw that: I am pissed at Apple and this is my last launch day pre order debacle.
I will never order any device for launch day from Apple anymore. I will wait 3 or 4 months with my old device and comfortably stroll in to buy what I need at my leisure.
And if Apple decides to be a total jerk about this and tighten the screws even more, then clearly they won't need me as a cash cow anymore.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a Verizon Jet Black 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus from Apple at 3:05 AM on pre-order day and received a delivery date of September 26 to October 3rd. My credit card just got charged and my status changed to Preparing for Shipment. Well, I'm excited!t

Wow, I ordered the same exact iPhone at the same exact time (EST). Only I ordered from Verizon. My date was 9/28. No CC charge or tracking yet. I expect the date may be pretty accurate and it will be the 28th or only a day or two sooner before I get it. No big deal I can wait, I'm on my 8 day work rotation anyway so wouldn't really have much time to play with it. I'm just stuck with this outdated 6s Plus until then LOL.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I ordered the same exact iPhone at the same exact time (EST). Only I ordered from Verizon. My date was 9/28. No CC charge or tracking yet. I expect the date may be pretty accurate and it will be the 28th or only a day or two sooner before I get it. No big deal I can wait, I'm on my 8 day work rotation anyway so wouldn't really have much time to play with it. I'm just stuck with this outdated 6s Plus until then LOL.

OUTDATTED?!?!?! The 6S ??? Damn, dude. I'm upgrading from the 6 plus, lol.

Le Caid

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello all, I don't think I've ever posted here, maybe once. Anyway, yes I will be preordering the | Iphone 7 Plus | 256GB | jet black | unlocked / AT&T. I'm happy that it appears you can order it unlocked, with no carrier involvement, other than telling them which carrier you will use it on.

I'm going to order on their upgrade installment plan. I haven't ordered a new Iphone since the 6 Plus.

Tried to preorder unlocked paid in full but didn't go thru with it since they wanted Ss# too! Why?

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Tried to preorder unlocked paid in full but didn't go thru with it since they wanted Ss# too! Why?

I think it's unlocked but the carriers are still involved slightly. They want to make sure you have an account so they can send you the correct phone.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I think Apple does this on purpose contrary to the previous poster who thinks its just more demand than supply.

The longer they keep the buzz, the longer people are excited about their product and therefore it drives them into the stores even more. It pushes some that may not have ever preordered (such as myself) to do so on the next launch, to drive up those figures. Apple does this yearly so its not new to them, they know the demand will be high yet they don't product enough devices to cover a fraction of that demand.

In hopes of getting one tomorrow since my preorder is not coming tomorrow, I called every store within 50 miles, thats about 20 stores or so. None have gotten 7 pluses and only one has received any regular 7s and that was a total of 3.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
OUTDATTED?!?!?! The 6S ??? Damn, dude. I'm upgrading from the 6 plus, lol.

I was being sarcastic LOL. I upgrade every year and give my current phone to one of my kids. Save money that way. :) my oldest asked me why they don't get the new phone and I replied with you don't pay the bill. Still not concerned with when I get it because my 6s Plus is working just fine.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
But now I wait. Again. I don't think there's enough yoga and hiking to keep me from jumping out of my skin, this week, lolol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice