iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Guys, lets all take a break from bashing anyone. Apple makes as many phones as they can. I don't think there is too much method to them not having a phone for everyone. If they were to make say 25 million phones for launch day they would likely have to have: a) 30 or more facilities who make the phone, causing the leaks that we see to dramatically increase, b) start production in January, or c) sell us inferior products that were hastily made. Keep in mind their processes for making the iPhone increases each year as they come out with new ways to differentiate themselves from the competition and from their previous model. I assume that shiny new Jet Black option takes quite the process time to complete to get that good look.

Does this happen every year? Yes, but not for the reasons people on here seem to suspect. They are in the business of selling as many phones as they can, don't you think they would rather everyone who wants an iPhone when they come out be able to get them on launch day? Yes, supply and demand are a big reason for them not having what everyone wants, but it is very unlikely that they hold their supply just to make us mad or that they don't make specific models because they knew we want it. Imagine this for a minute: Apple makes 40 million iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models in all varieties for launch day. They sell 25 million of them because the people who aren't quite eligible or can't afford the phone on launch day cannot buy them and so they have dead product for a couple of months, then when the holiday season comes and people are looking to buy them they have those dead 15 million units that were built three months prior, without the new software that will surely be out, without and defects in those units ironed out (See Galaxy Note 7) and keep in mind they are likely still producing them. It doesn't make sense for them to do any of these things. I would urge everyone who is waiting past launch day to keep these things in mind before you swear off Apple. Now don't misunderstand, I think Apple is a great company with some major flaws. I like what they do for education and the environment and for their diversity and acceptance of all people but I do not like their stagnation in some of their products and the fact they charge something around $600 for a leather band for the Apple Watch (see my rant in the Apple Watch Series 2 Forum). I am getting my 256 Black Plus tomorrow so I am also in a different mindset than people who aren't and can remember from years past that my order still being in the "processing" status at this point in the release would have driven me mad but not at Apple or their supply. Hope this helps some of you who might be struggling with waiting for your phone or maybe can be an eye opener for the conspiracy theorists. Cheers.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got shipping confirmation of my phone. Tracked it on UPS and it just left Japan. Still showing delivery of tomorrow. Is that really possible? Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 8.44.04 AM.png

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got shipping confirmation of my phone. Tracked it on UPS and it just left Japan. Still showing delivery of tomorrow. Is that really possible? View attachment 111575

Maybe? Here's what my shows.

010914fe55f456a4fd395724bf2f51fe.jpg

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Just got shipping confirmation of my phone. Tracked it on UPS and it just left Japan. Still showing delivery of tomorrow. Is that really possible? View attachment 111575

Guess it depends on where you live, if you live near a UPS warehouse then yes it is likely. I live in GA and my nearest UPS location seems to be Kentucky as that is where my phone currently is. I think mine will be here tomorrow evening. If I remember correctly my Apple Watch got to my house at like 3pm and my 6s was delivered around 6pm, both at my old house. I live kind of in the middle of nowhere now so I think probably way later. UPS usually drives by my house around 12pm or 1 so there is hope.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
You would think that if it was going to be delayed though UPS would update it. Just seems crazy that UPS can get it that far in that amount of time.

EDIT: I should also mention, I guess its possible because when I ordered my Apple Watch it shipped from Pennsylvania at 5pm and had it here in SoDak at 10am the next morning.

zog1977

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Just be patient lol

I know. It is no big deal. Nothing wrong with my 6s plus.

Funny thing is, my wife and I were preordering via the upgrade program at the same time online. We coordinated the same time and store to pick them up. We both hit confirm at the same time. She got her reservation, mine said out of stock. too funny.

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The ends seem good. 3.5 snaps in good as well. The cable is flimsy/bends good. Not too stiff like a mophie adapter. I think the cable should have been a little thicker maybe? Maybe like half times thicker.

Or even if they made it as thick as the lightning cable it would still be flexible enough.

For better reference, it's a little thicker than the cable coming from the earphones of the EarPods. Like the part that connects to the mic, not the part that connects to the 3.5

Do they work on older devices? Like do they work on your current iPhone? Just curious, mostly.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Do any of you think demand was greater than they expected this time, or that they simply didn't have enough stock available?

I think they have a math formula to release a % of what the demand originally is. Apple is very much like the proverbial puppet master, like that.

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a Verizon Jet Black 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus from Apple at 3:05 AM on pre-order day and received a delivery date of September 26 to October 3rd. My credit card just got charged and my status changed to Preparing for Shipment. Well, I'm excited!

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a Verizon Jet Black 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus from Apple at 3:05 AM and received a delivery date of September 26 to October 3rd. My credit card just got charged and my status changed to Preparing to ship. Well, I'm excited!

I ordered the same in matte black around the same time from Apple... *off to check credit card*

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods