iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't intending to, but the Apple lightning dock came really fast; and I didn't know about the Belkin dock at the time. I'll keep one at my desk and one by my nightstand.

One pocket Apple dock...other pocket battery pack...charge and listen on the go?

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes, if you actually pre order and get it delivered on launch day. If you see it online and reserve it, there is no risk, you just have to wait in line. When I got my Iphone 6 plus, my order from At&t hadn't shipped. I believe it had been a few days past the launch day with no progress, just processing.

I checked online and the model I wanted was available at a local mall, but I hesitated, and it was gone. I did this for a few days and then finally, when my At&t order hadn't shipped and was still processing, I reserved one online when the model I wanted became available.

The line wasn't bad after a fews days, and the Apple employees were real helpful. Dealing with AT&T and their Next program where I had the issue. This year I will check to see if I can score one since I'm off for that day. It just depends what stage my order is at that time. I may just wait it out.

How convenient that you're off that day - LOL

wplantz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought they ship with UPS exclusively but if it's FedEx I believe you can create a FedEx account and arrange to pickup at FedEx location on the tracking page. That's what I did with UPS to ensure I didn't miss the delivery after work Friday. Good luck 😬

Trying to figure out the best way for FedEx to leave the package at the house Friday since it says on my shipping confirmation that a "indirect signature is required"

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought they ship with UPS exclusively but if it's FedEx I believe you can create a FedEx account and arrange to pickup at FedEx location on the tracking page. That's what I did with UPS to ensure I didn't miss the delivery after work Friday. Good luck ��

Someone posted earlier, that if you ordered your AT&T phone from AT&T and NOT through Apple it comes FedEx. I was with you and thought UPS too. I wanted to look up indirect signature to be 100% sure. I should know this, I used to own the Shipping Annex, but we shipped FedEx and were not the receiver.

Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address; from a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address; or the recipient can also leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present

But yes, maybe he can have "hold at a FedEx location" The waiver and having my phone on a porch would scare me personally. I may still do that with UPS and my iPhone if I can't pay for an earlier delivery. My iPhone case came today, and it did not arrive until 6pm. I don't want to sit at the office until 6pm waiting for my phone on Friday. We have 100 people coming to my office / work for a BBQ Saturday.

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Someone posted earlier, that if you ordered your AT&T phone from AT&T and NOT through Apple it comes FedEx. I was with you and thought UPS too. I wanted to look up indirect signature to be 100% sure. I should know this, I used to own the Shipping Annex, but we shipped FedEx and were not the receiver.

Indirect Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address; from a neighbor, building manager or someone at a neighboring address; or the recipient can also leave a FedEx Door Tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present

But yes, maybe he can have "hold at a FedEx location" The waiver and having my phone on a porch would scare me personally. I may still do that with UPS and my iPhone if I can't pay for an earlier delivery. My iPhone case came today, and it did not arrive until 6pm. I don't want to sit at the office until 6pm waiting for my phone on Friday. We have 100 people coming to my office / work for a BBQ Saturday.

My wife and I ordered our phones through AT&T. While mine is not scheduled to ship until between the 22 and 29, her 7 shipped and is due here friday via UPS. So I do not believe that AT&T only shipping FedEx is true.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand how I ordered my phone at 3:02 on the first night your could. I ordered a Matte Black 7 Plus 256 GB and got a ship date of 9/23. I doubt they sold out in 2 minutes for that model. So I assume Apple doesn't have them available for 9/16, which makes no sense if they hold an event to announce a phone and announce a date they are available when they aren't actually available on that day.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand how I ordered my phone at 3:02 on the first night your could. I ordered a Matte Black 7 Plus 256 GB and got a ship date of 9/23. I doubt they sold out in 2 minutes for that model. So I assume Apple doesn't have them available for 9/16, which makes no sense if they hold an event to announce a phone and announce a date they are available when they aren't actually available on that day.

I'm sure they could've anticipated demand better than this. Did they release to more countries at once than usual this time?

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

We can only speculate that Apple allocates their total inventory of any particular device among: (1) Apple pre-orders by country and carrier; (2) carrier pre-orders by country; and (3) launch day sales by country and store --not only their stores but other stores such as Best Buy and Costco. That should make for an interesting spreadsheet.

orange15

May 13, 2015
Visit site

I am in the exact same boat. 12:05 AMPST 7+ Black 256GB. Ships in 6-8 days w/ delivery 09/23. Not a peep from Apple since I placed the order. It's an Apple marketing mind F***. Hype + scarcity (even perceived) increases demand.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I agree.
I originally completed my order at 12:06 am and got a delivery date of 9/27 - 9/29, so I cancelled because I wasn't going to be home.
I reordered the same phone two days later and got the same shipment date.
I don't believe Apple intended to have the Plus 256 GB models available for the 16th at all.
I also think it's a total d### move on Apple's part but unfortunately they do make the best phones and truth be told I't would suck big greasy platypus balls to have to leave the Apple ecosystem so I am stuck waiting.
So, much respect to Apple for their products but their marketing style is as sleazy and slimy as the republican convention was this year.
I honestly now believe that Apple will eventually become the Monsanto of tech companies.
When I no longer need to depend on the Apple ecosystem ( several years, lol) I'll probably switch to something else:
Eventually Apple's quality won't be as important to me.
When that happens they will lose a customer.

qnet

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

I've seen that happen before with previous models. when I bought my Iphone 5 it sold out within minutes. I was really fast and got my order in. This time I ordered the Jet Black 256GB 7 plus. I had to go through the extra steps of applying for their installment plan (I wish there was a way to get pre approval before pre order day).

In my excitement I stumbled around, forgot to check this or that, and took some seconds longer to get my information through. I think I submitted my pre order about 3:05AM, and still have a delivery date of 9/26 to Oct 3. By the time I got my order in, ship dates already had been pushed to 4 to 6 weeks.

It's frustrated I know, but not unusual for this phone. It would be nice to get my phone tomorrow, but I have the luxury of having a bunch of phones so I can wait.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR