iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
When the 6 came out I was the first person in the stores parking lot. I was able to park my car directly infront of the stores door. I wasn't playing since I didn't pre order. I just had to have the new iphone on release day!

Got my 5S at Radio Shack of all places, no one was there.. just walked in and got one. It's the one my wife is still using. Drove past lines back then at AT&T and Best Buy.. and no one at Radio Shack in Corvallis OR of all places.. Wonder if they still sell iPhones, if you can find one still in business.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Got my 5S at Radio Shack of all places, no one was there.. just walked in and got one. It's the one my wife is still using. Drove past lines back then at AT&T and Best Buy.. and no one at Radio Shack in Corvallis OR of all places.. Wonder if they still sell iPhones, if you can find one still in business.

I remember when that was like the best alternative place to get iPhones. Nowadays though, seems like even places like Best Buy, Target, Walmart don't have iPhones in stock for months.
Back when the 6s's came out, a cellphone kiosks in the malls here weren't carrying them until January.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got up at 2:30am Eastern so I could order our phones, Apple store didn't come online (refreshed constantly) until 3:15am Eastern. I ordered my wife's phone first, 7 Plus 256GB Matte Black on AT&T and it was an immediate shipping window of 6-8 business days, so she gets her a week after me. It wouldn't even allow me to do store pickup.

Then I ordered my 7Plus 256GB Rose Gold on AT&T and I got 9-16 with in store pickup and any range in the day that I wanted so I opted for 8:30am so I can get it on the way to work. I guess the matte black was as popular as the jet black.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My rep was supposed to place my order for me but she told me late on Friday that she could not. Now she is on the path to try and get me one for in store pickup on the 16th so I don't have to wait until the 5th of October.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
My rep was supposed to place my order for me but she told me late on Friday that she could not. Now she is on the path to try and get me one for in store pickup on the 16th so I don't have to wait until the 5th of October.
Same here, my local guy is doing the same. Had a family remember at the other company I was with previously. So I wouldnt have to worry about ordering. Just told her which phones I wanted and she would put it in for me.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I got up at 2:30am Eastern so I could order our phones, Apple store didn't come online (refreshed constantly) until 3:15am Eastern. I ordered my wife's phone first, 7 Plus 256GB Matte Black on AT&T and it was an immediate shipping window of 6-8 business days, so she gets her a week after me. It wouldn't even allow me to do store pickup.

Then I ordered my 7Plus 256GB Rose Gold on AT&T and I got 9-16 with in store pickup and any range in the day that I wanted so I opted for 8:30am so I can get it on the way to work. I guess the matte black was as popular as the jet black.

Are your preorders showing as Preparing For Shipment, and has the tax amount been charged?

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

It's actually a few radio shacks around my area. They even advertise as "sprint" stores but they're still radio shack. Idk why I haven't been in one of those store in ages. That's probably why the thought never crossed my mind to check there.

justin_aga

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
kinda throws me off that it says preparing for shipment and my card was charged. I thought they charged once the phone ships??

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
kinda throws me off that it says preparing for shipment and my card was charged. I thought they charged once the phone ships??

It's only the pre-authorization charge. It might say "pending" on your bank account. The actual charge doesn't finalize until it's shipped.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Preordered a black 7+, 128 GB on Verizon last night. Estimated delivery is 10/12 but I'm hoping it arrives a bit sooner. Sadly, I'm a bit nervous about my color choice - I've had the white faceplate since back in the 4S days!

And I cancelled this one fir a 256 GB Silver 7+. I'll be happier in the long run.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It's only the pre-authorization charge. It might say "pending" on your bank account. The actual charge doesn't finalize until it's shipped.

says processing but I guess its the same. That makes sense. Thanks

I thought the preauthorizations were only for $1, instead of the sale amount? Is this a change due to the installment plans being implemented?

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought the preauthorizations were only for $1, instead of the sale amount? Is this a change due to the installment plans being implemented?

Not sure about the installment plans. I've had the pre-authorization charge for everything I ordered, but in separate amounts. (A charge for each individual device basically) instead of the full total.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the installment plans. I've had the pre-authorization charge for everything I ordered, but in separate amounts. (A charge for each individual device basically) instead of the full total.

That's how mine show up, but I remember $1 being authorized to ensure the payment method is valid. I'm still curious to see why my status shows as Preparing For Shipment, despite my shipping timeframe to be next month. I can't wait for the updates to start coming this week.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
That's how mine show up, but I remember $1 being authorized to ensure the payment method is valid. I'm still curious to see why my status shows as Preparing For Shipment, despite my shipping timeframe to be next month. I can't wait for the updates to start coming this week.

Interesting. I didn't see that $1 charge, although I think I remember something like that happening when I ordered the Apple TV.

As far as your shipping status...that is kind of weird.
I too and anxious to see what happens come Monday with the updates. I could be wrong, but I think last year there was a two week period between pre-order and shipping? I remember people tracking their phones as they left China.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I didn't see that $1 charge, although I think I remember something like that happening when I ordered the Apple TV.

As far as your shipping status...that is kind of weird.
I too and anxious to see what happens come Monday with the updates. I could be wrong, but I think last year there was a two week period between pre-order and shipping? I remember people tracking their phones as they left China.

I'll keep you all posted.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I switched from AT&T about 2 years ago and have been happy I made the switch. I was a little hesitant at first, but I'm glad I switched.

I switched from Verizon last December and I'm so happy on TMo.. $150 for 4 unlimited lines.. Great service in Northern California ❤️

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I was so on the fence this time around, since I have the 6s, but I bit the bullet and ordered....

7+ 128GB Rose Gold through Verizon delivery by 10/12. Hopefully sooner but if not, I don't think I month is gonna kill me Lol ...My 6s should be good til then Lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen