Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree593Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order waiting thread

Planning on using the Apple Upgrade Program I'm already on with my 64GB 6s Plus to get the 7 Plus in Jet Black with 128GB. Only upgrading for two reasons, the new camera (more for the portrait/bokeh feature than the only 2x optical zoom), and the Jet Black color. Running silver now and love it, wasn't a fan of the "generic gray" but that gloss black is just too tempting.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    7,283 Global Posts

I still don't know if I'm going back to the Note 7 when they become available again, or getting the iPhone 7. If I do get the iPhone 7, it'll be 128gb, matte black.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    Count me in. I hope T-Mobile gets to resetting my Jump before then. That Note 7 was such a mistake.
    Just returned my Note 7 yesterday and I'm unable to get a device online. T-Mobile says gotta call or visit store. However a T-Mobile representative is supposedly going to call me as soon as pre orders open up. We'll see.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,643 Global Posts

Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

I'll get a hold of T-Mobile today and see what I can do.
    iMore Newbie

Going to pre-order Jet Black 128gb. Did everyone else see the revised Apple Care too?!?! So much better!!!
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #81  

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $29 for screen damage, or $99 for any other damage, plus applicable tax.2 In addition, you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone through getsupport.apple.com.

I'm getting Apple care plus for sure this time. I skipped it on my last iPhone
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts

I am hoping for some advice here. I have had every iPhone since the 4, but this will be the first time I have ever pre-ordered an iPhone. I am on Verizon. Is it better to preorder with the carrier or through Apple? Does it matter? I will be getting the Matte Black 7 Plus 128gb.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    I am hoping for some advice here. I have had every iPhone since the 4, but this will be the first time I have ever pre-ordered an iPhone. I am on Verizon. Is it better to preorder with the carrier or through Apple? Does it matter? I will be getting the Matte Black 7 Plus 128gb.
    How do you plan to pay for it? Contract? (does verizon still do those?) Some sort of upgrade program? Buy outright? Financing only program? If buying outright, I'd say whoever can get it to you the quickest. If you want to finance or go with an upgrade program, I'd say go through Apple. That way you are not tied to your carrier for the financing/upgrade period. After buying my previous phone direct from the Mfr. (Motorola) and my current iPhone 6s Plus on the Apple Upgrade Program, I'm never going back to anything that ties me to a carrier again. I never really understood the feeling of freedom it gives until I did it.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
    How do you plan to pay for it? Contract? (does verizon still do those?) Some sort of upgrade program? Buy outright? Financing only program? If buying outright, I'd say whoever can get it to you the quickest. If you want to finance or go with an upgrade program, I'd say go through Apple. That way you are not tied to your carrier for the financing/upgrade period. After buying my previous phone direct from the Mfr. (Motorola) and my current iPhone 6s Plus on the Apple Upgrade Program, I'm never going back to anything that ties me to a carrier again. I never really understood the feeling of freedom it gives until I did it.
    I have no reason to leave Verizon. They are by far the best carrier in my area. The last two years I have used the Verizon 24 payments. I pay for 12 months then payoff the balance, sell the phone and pocket enough cash to pay for some new accessories for the next phone. I won't do the apple upgrade plan when I can sell the phone for more than I owe on it after 12 months.

I was asking which to go through on preorder for two reasons: 1) speed of ordering in the middle of night 3am Eastern 2) speed of delivery. I am assuming both deliver on release day, but thought I would ask.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    I have no reason to leave Verizon. They are by far the best carrier in my area. The last two years I have used the Verizon 24 payments. I pay for 12 months then payoff the balance, sell the phone and pocket enough cash to pay for some new accessories for the next phone. I won't do the apple upgrade plan when I can sell the phone for more than I owe on it after 12 months.

I was asking which to go through on preorder for two reasons: 1) speed of ordering in the middle of night 3am Eastern 2) speed of delivery. I am assuming both deliver on release day, but thought I would ask.
    Ordering through Apple is probably your best bet. Download the Apple Store app and you can actually go through the steps now and choose which phone you'd like to order, color, storage, payment option as well. Then you can favorite it so when you open the app at 3am you can go to your favorites and then continue from there. I'm not sure how Verizon handles preorders but I did it through Apple and the Apple Store app last year for my 6s Plus and it was a breeze. When I went through AT&T for my 6 Plus in 2014 it was a mess. Wrong delivery dates and other incorrect information. Hope this helps.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Does anyone know if it is possible to preorder the iPhone 7+ sim free?
    iMore Nanite

I'm ordering the jet black 128 7+ as soon as ordering opens in Switzerland - that's 9.01am - although I will check at midnight just in case.

Also got to get a 7 in rose gold for my wife, she is still on a 5s.

One issue - Swiss pricing seems a tad higher than the US.
    iMore Nanite

Certainly is here, it is the only option in the Apple Store in Switzerland
    iMore Newbie

I'm getting the 7 plus 128g. Just trying to decide on which black. Mine always go in a case immediately.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

i'll get the jet black 128 plus
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts

Planning on joining the Apple iPhone Upgrade program and ordering a 7 Plus 128 but not sure if I want the Black or Jet Black.
    iMore Pro

Going for the matte black 128 plus. Have cases already pre-ordered through spigen 😊. Ready to get rid of the s7 edge lol
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

I'm ultimately thinking I may switch to the black now. More I see it, the more I like it. It's like what I wanted space gray always to be. Decisions decisions.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iOSConvert2k14 View Post
    If I can preorder through AT&T next, then I am going with the 128GB iPhone 7 Plus. Problem for me is whether to go with the Jet Black or Silver. My current 6S Plus is Black but I miss the white front face. However, that new Jet Black is so sleek. Decisions desicions.
    My current 6s+ is the white/silver combo. Love it, staying with it. Now to go from 64gb to 128 or 256.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

I'm torn between the black and jet black. I favorited both configurations and it'll be a game time decision. Going to bed at 9 and alarm set for 2:40.
    qnet and rellyrellz like this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Indonesia, not shipping country. How to get this iPhone7 ?

Quote Originally Posted by waluhyo View Post
    Indonesia, not shipping country. How to get this iPhone7 ?
    You will have to wait till it's shipped to your country or go abroad and buy one there instead.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Whats the story with getting a unlocked iphone not tied to any carrier. I would like to be able to use it international and all major US carriers.
    From what i Understand Sprint phone would work with all.

Anyone else having issues with the Apple Store app? Just went in to check the items I fav'd earlier and now I'm getting this:
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast