I am able to track my order using the Track By Shipping Reference" option with UPS, but something strange which I have never seen before.....UPS has all but the last four digits of the tracking numbers with an "x" showing. I ordered two phones, both appear to coming out of Republic of Incheon, Korea, which UPS shows two separate packages with two different tracking number.

Is the "X"ing out of the tracking numbers common with UPS now? I have things shipped to me all the time, as well as shipping stuff out and have never seen this before. Anyone else come across this?

Hi,

How do you track the order using the Track By Shipping Reference? Thanks.
    09-13-2016 08:27 AM
    Hi,

How do you track the order using the Track By Shipping Reference? Thanks.
    Go UPS - Track by Reference and try the phone number you listed on your billing information.
    09-13-2016 08:52 AM
    I just went on My UPS. I have a package coming from Apple that weighs 1.3Kgs (about 2.8Lbs.) I've also ordered the Apple Watch series 2 and some other stuff. The watch is the only thing that shows being delivered on 9/16, everything else is preparing for shipment or still processing. I know the watch doesn't weigh that much by itself, even with the packaging.

I hope I'm not getting my hopes up, but it seems like I may be getting everything at once, the Iphone 7+ and the watch. I also ordered some Beats solo 2 headphones. Not one of those products weighs 2.8lbs by itself so maybe that's a good sign.
    09-13-2016 10:16 AM
    How do you know how it's shipping? I have ups account and I see nothing. Does it ship different for different carriers? I have AT&T when I clic order status it says preparing to ship delivery by 09/16
    09-13-2016 11:16 AM
    How do you know how it's shipping? I have ups account and I see nothing. Does it ship different for different carriers? I have AT&T when I clic order status it says preparing to ship delivery by 09/16
    On the UPS site, after you login, there is a tap at the top that says My UPS. I clicked on that and it showed me a calendar, and had all my shipments for this month. I had a shipment coming from Apple on friday the 16th. Before then, after just logging on the site I saw nothing either, until I clicked that tap. Now when I login it, shows everything in the recently tracked section of the page.

I'm still not positive it's the phone, but judging by the weight I hope it is.
    09-13-2016 11:45 AM
    Sign up for a FREE MY UPS account and makes sure you use the delivery address. Even though on Apple my 7 (not plus) shows - Preparing to ship. On MY UPS I see it's leaving China today, delivery for 9/16 and my Tracking Number.
    09-13-2016 12:19 PM
    I don't think I have seen a single 7 plus with a charge or tracking number.
    09-13-2016 12:26 PM
    I have a charge with an unofficial tracking number
    09-13-2016 12:27 PM
    I've been charged tax and have a tracking number.

7+ 128GB Black
    09-13-2016 12:36 PM
    I have a charge with an unofficial tracking number
    I forgot to say for T-Mobile orders. I have seen quite a few from those that ordered from Apple.
    09-13-2016 12:47 PM
    I forgot to say for T-Mobile orders. I have seen quite a few from those that ordered from Apple.
    Last year when I pre-ordered with T-Mobile I didn't get a tracking number till Friday morning lol
    09-13-2016 12:49 PM
    Is there anyone with AT&T that doesn't have an authorization for the tax amount of their preorder?
    09-13-2016 12:53 PM
    Last year when I pre-ordered with T-Mobile I didn't get a tracking number till Friday morning lol
    Lol leave it to T-Mobile. I've done the last 3 pre-orders with them and this is the first one that I have been a little worried about not getting it Friday.
    09-13-2016 01:01 PM
    Lol leave it to T-Mobile. I've done the last 3 pre-orders with them and this is the first one that I have been a little worried about not getting it Friday.
    Last two times I preordered from them I didn't get it on launch day. Lol
    09-13-2016 01:02 PM
    Just checked and I have nothing, maybe it'll ship fedex, everything from att says delivery Friday 9/16 shipping date 09/15 so we'll see thanks for the help.
    09-13-2016 01:13 PM
    Is there anyone with AT&T that doesn't have an authorization for the tax amount of their preorder?
    I have att but I also live in Delaware so I don't get charged tax. I received a text from att Friday followed by an email, now it's preparing to ship with estimated delivery of Friday which I had when I placed my preorder
    09-13-2016 01:16 PM
    I received the text and email early morning last Friday too. Aside from the message showing under the Alert section within myAT&T, has your status shown as anything other than Preparing for shipment? To my knowledge, mine have always displayed that. I wonder if anyone else with latter shipping dates have AT&T holding the tax on their card?
    09-13-2016 01:18 PM
    I received the text and email early morning last Friday too. Aside from the message showing under the Alert section within myAT&T, has your status shown as anything other than Preparing for shipment? To my knowledge, mine have always displayed that. I wonder if anyone else with latter shipping dates have AT&T holding the tax on their card?
    what was your delivery date when you ordered? Did you have the 16th or later? I received an email with my new number for my new line as well as saying should be overnighted 09/15. But no preparing for shipment is my only status aside from being able to see the phone number of the new line which I would assume is a good thing.
    09-13-2016 01:23 PM
    what was your delivery date when you ordered? Did you have the 16th or later? I received an email with my new number for my new line as well as saying should be overnighted 09/15. But no preparing for shipment is my only status aside from being able to see the phone number of the new line which I would assume is a good thing.
    My shipment dates are 10/14-10/21. I wonder why AT&T has been holding the tax amount if my preorder won't ship for another month?
    09-13-2016 01:26 PM
    I was adding a tracking number to My UPS and look what popped up in the delivery planner!

ETA: the transaction on my Visa hard posted last night.

RECON1, qnet, Evilguppy and 1 others like this.
    09-13-2016 02:13 PM
    I don't have an authorization charge, yet. I am AT&T and I ordered via Apple Store at 12:05ish w/ a delivery window of 09/23-09/27. Still processing.
    09-13-2016 02:24 PM
    I don't have an authorization charge, yet. I am AT&T and I ordered via Apple Store at 12:05ish w/ a delivery window of 09/23-09/27. Still processing.
    I'm starting to think I should've preordered through Apple, instead of AT&T. My intention was to make the process simpler, but it seems to have backfired on me.
    09-13-2016 02:36 PM
    I'm starting to think I should've preordered through Apple, instead of AT&T. My intention was to make the process simpler, but it seems to have backfired on me.
    This is part of my point about no method to the madness. From a quality and customer service perspective Apple should at lease: a) reasonably anticipate demand (pretty sure Apple can develop an algorithm for this) and b) deliver consistently to pre-order customers on launch day, in partnership with the various wireless carriers, first and foremost. Their customer base, the loyal customers and new excited Apple customers, are pre-ordering. Delight the base..

Lastly, don't play games and be trasnparent. Make a commitment and keep it. No changing dates and mysterious acts. Avoid creating classes of consumers who have different customer service experiences. Quality and consistency.

Flame off...
    09-13-2016 02:47 PM
    I am on AT&T and I switched to ordering from Apple for AT&T a few years back. I never had luck getting anything right from AT&T directly. My iPhone 7 (not +) shows -- Departed - Shanghai, China, Tuesday, 09/13/2016
    09-13-2016 03:29 PM
    I am on AT&T and I switched to ordering from Apple for AT&T a few years back. I never had luck getting anything right from AT&T directly. My iPhone 7 (not +) shows -- Departed - Shanghai, China, Tuesday, 09/13/2016
    I'm going to do the same thing in the future.
    09-13-2016 07:38 PM
1,087 ... 1718192021 ...