Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 1087
Like Tree593Likes
  1. #451  
    Ben Grimm's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRewardisCheese View Post
    I am able to track my order using the Track By Shipping Reference" option with UPS, but something strange which I have never seen before.....UPS has all but the last four digits of the tracking numbers with an "x" showing. I ordered two phones, both appear to coming out of Republic of Incheon, Korea, which UPS shows two separate packages with two different tracking number.

    Is the "X"ing out of the tracking numbers common with UPS now? I have things shipped to me all the time, as well as shipping stuff out and have never seen this before. Anyone else come across this?

    Hi,

    How do you track the order using the Track By Shipping Reference? Thanks.
  2. #452  
    LSglock89's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    437 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Hi,

    How do you track the order using the Track By Shipping Reference? Thanks.
    Go UPS - Track by Reference and try the phone number you listed on your billing information.
  3. #453  
    qnet's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    I just went on My UPS. I have a package coming from Apple that weighs 1.3Kgs (about 2.8Lbs.) I've also ordered the Apple Watch series 2 and some other stuff. The watch is the only thing that shows being delivered on 9/16, everything else is preparing for shipment or still processing. I know the watch doesn't weigh that much by itself, even with the packaging.

    I hope I'm not getting my hopes up, but it seems like I may be getting everything at once, the Iphone 7+ and the watch. I also ordered some Beats solo 2 headphones. Not one of those products weighs 2.8lbs by itself so maybe that's a good sign.
  4. #454  
    kinglxnce's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    How do you know how it's shipping? I have ups account and I see nothing. Does it ship different for different carriers? I have AT&T when I clic order status it says preparing to ship delivery by 09/16
  5. #455  
    qnet's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kinglxnce View Post
    How do you know how it's shipping? I have ups account and I see nothing. Does it ship different for different carriers? I have AT&T when I clic order status it says preparing to ship delivery by 09/16
    On the UPS site, after you login, there is a tap at the top that says My UPS. I clicked on that and it showed me a calendar, and had all my shipments for this month. I had a shipment coming from Apple on friday the 16th. Before then, after just logging on the site I saw nothing either, until I clicked that tap. Now when I login it, shows everything in the recently tracked section of the page.

    I'm still not positive it's the phone, but judging by the weight I hope it is.
  6. #456  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kinglxnce View Post
    How do you know how it's shipping? I have ups account and I see nothing. Does it ship different for different carriers? I have AT&T when I clic order status it says preparing to ship delivery by 09/16
    Sign up for a FREE MY UPS account and makes sure you use the delivery address. Even though on Apple my 7 (not plus) shows - Preparing to ship. On MY UPS I see it's leaving China today, delivery for 9/16 and my Tracking Number.
  7. #457  
    piranhadonna's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    473 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    I don't think I have seen a single 7 plus with a charge or tracking number.
  8. #458  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    377 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by piranhadonna View Post
    I don't think I have seen a single 7 plus with a charge or tracking number.
    I have a charge with an unofficial tracking number
  9. #459  
    LSglock89's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    437 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by piranhadonna View Post
    I don't think I have seen a single 7 plus with a charge or tracking number.
    I've been charged tax and have a tracking number.

    7+ 128GB Black
  10. #460  
    piranhadonna's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    473 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RECON1 View Post
    I have a charge with an unofficial tracking number
    I forgot to say for T-Mobile orders. I have seen quite a few from those that ordered from Apple.
  11. #461  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    377 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by piranhadonna View Post
    I forgot to say for T-Mobile orders. I have seen quite a few from those that ordered from Apple.
    Last year when I pre-ordered with T-Mobile I didn't get a tracking number till Friday morning lol
  12. #462  
    cwilliams706's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Is there anyone with AT&T that doesn't have an authorization for the tax amount of their preorder?
  13. #463  
    piranhadonna's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    473 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RECON1 View Post
    Last year when I pre-ordered with T-Mobile I didn't get a tracking number till Friday morning lol
    Lol leave it to T-Mobile. I've done the last 3 pre-orders with them and this is the first one that I have been a little worried about not getting it Friday.
  14. #464  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    377 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by piranhadonna View Post
    Lol leave it to T-Mobile. I've done the last 3 pre-orders with them and this is the first one that I have been a little worried about not getting it Friday.
    Last two times I preordered from them I didn't get it on launch day. Lol
  15. #465  
    kinglxnce's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Just checked and I have nothing, maybe it'll ship fedex, everything from att says delivery Friday 9/16 shipping date 09/15 so we'll see thanks for the help.
  16. #466  
    kinglxnce's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliams706 View Post
    Is there anyone with AT&T that doesn't have an authorization for the tax amount of their preorder?
    I have att but I also live in Delaware so I don't get charged tax. I received a text from att Friday followed by an email, now it's preparing to ship with estimated delivery of Friday which I had when I placed my preorder
  17. #467  
    cwilliams706's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    I received the text and email early morning last Friday too. Aside from the message showing under the Alert section within myAT&T, has your status shown as anything other than Preparing for shipment? To my knowledge, mine have always displayed that. I wonder if anyone else with latter shipping dates have AT&T holding the tax on their card?
  18. #468  
    kinglxnce's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliams706 View Post
    I received the text and email early morning last Friday too. Aside from the message showing under the Alert section within myAT&T, has your status shown as anything other than Preparing for shipment? To my knowledge, mine have always displayed that. I wonder if anyone else with latter shipping dates have AT&T holding the tax on their card?
    what was your delivery date when you ordered? Did you have the 16th or later? I received an email with my new number for my new line as well as saying should be overnighted 09/15. But no preparing for shipment is my only status aside from being able to see the phone number of the new line which I would assume is a good thing.
  19. #469  
    cwilliams706's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kinglxnce View Post
    what was your delivery date when you ordered? Did you have the 16th or later? I received an email with my new number for my new line as well as saying should be overnighted 09/15. But no preparing for shipment is my only status aside from being able to see the phone number of the new line which I would assume is a good thing.
    My shipment dates are 10/14-10/21. I wonder why AT&T has been holding the tax amount if my preorder won't ship for another month?
  20. #470  
    luvesuga's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

    Default iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    I was adding a tracking number to My UPS and look what popped up in the delivery planner!

    ETA: the transaction on my Visa hard posted last night.

    RECON1, qnet, Evilguppy and 1 others like this.
  21. #471  
    orange15's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    74 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliams706 View Post
    Is there anyone with AT&T that doesn't have an authorization for the tax amount of their preorder?
    I don't have an authorization charge, yet. I am AT&T and I ordered via Apple Store at 12:05ish w/ a delivery window of 09/23-09/27. Still processing.
  22. #472  
    cwilliams706's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by orange15 View Post
    I don't have an authorization charge, yet. I am AT&T and I ordered via Apple Store at 12:05ish w/ a delivery window of 09/23-09/27. Still processing.
    I'm starting to think I should've preordered through Apple, instead of AT&T. My intention was to make the process simpler, but it seems to have backfired on me.
  23. #473  
    orange15's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    74 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliams706 View Post
    I'm starting to think I should've preordered through Apple, instead of AT&T. My intention was to make the process simpler, but it seems to have backfired on me.
    This is part of my point about no method to the madness. From a quality and customer service perspective Apple should at lease: a) reasonably anticipate demand (pretty sure Apple can develop an algorithm for this) and b) deliver consistently to pre-order customers on launch day, in partnership with the various wireless carriers, first and foremost. Their customer base, the loyal customers and new excited Apple customers, are pre-ordering. Delight the base..

    Lastly, don't play games and be trasnparent. Make a commitment and keep it. No changing dates and mysterious acts. Avoid creating classes of consumers who have different customer service experiences. Quality and consistency.

    Flame off...
  24. #474  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliams706 View Post
    I'm starting to think I should've preordered through Apple, instead of AT&T. My intention was to make the process simpler, but it seems to have backfired on me.
    I am on AT&T and I switched to ordering from Apple for AT&T a few years back. I never had luck getting anything right from AT&T directly. My iPhone 7 (not +) shows -- Departed - Shanghai, China, Tuesday, 09/13/2016
  25. #475  
    cwilliams706's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I am on AT&T and I switched to ordering from Apple for AT&T a few years back. I never had luck getting anything right from AT&T directly. My iPhone 7 (not +) shows -- Departed - Shanghai, China, Tuesday, 09/13/2016
    I'm going to do the same thing in the future.
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T vs Verizon & Sprint iPhone
    By mfldmike in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 09:01 PM
  2. iphone 4 is hot
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 07:44 AM
  3. In store pick up for a pre order.
    By PlainEnvelopes in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 05:45 AM
  4. How does the iPhone Upgrade Program work? ...
    By speedmaster in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 03:21 PM
  5. how can i turn off radio in iphone 6s
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 01:39 PM

Posting Permissions