Why I am not able to change network settings for voice calls??

prakruti

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
I have iphone 6s. After unboxing it I remember I selected 2G as preferred network for Voice calls to save battery. But in my area 2G coverage is poor so now I want to change the voice call network settings to 3G, but I cannot find any option to do so.
In settings only mobile data setting is available,no option for voice.
Kindly help me out with this.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

You can go down to 3G, but turning LTE off. Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE

Choose from Off, Voice & Data, and Data only. Off will drop LTE down to 3G.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

You can go down to 3G, but turning LTE off. Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE

Choose from Off, Voice & Data, and Data only. Off will drop LTE down to 3G.

Do you think this is provider dependent? I don't have those settings in my 6s. The only two things I have in Cellular Data Options are On/Off slider buttons for LTE and Roaming.

prakruti

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
I don't have Voice & Data, and Data only options. I have only for data. I even tried to reset my network settings. Still issue persists. Even I am unable to check which technology my voice service is using.Capture.PNG

prakruti

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
Data I am getting 4G. Not worried about data. My concern is voice call. All of my friends are complaining they are not able to call me. They have to try more than 4-5 times. Though people in my area not having network issue and using same network as mine, maximum time when some one calls me it says not reachable.
This is what I see when tapped on "mobile data options".

Capture.PNG

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Data I am getting 4G. Not worried about data. My concern is voice call. All of my friends are complaining they are not able to call me. They have to try more than 4-5 times. Though people in my area not having network issue and using same network as mine, maximum time when some one calls me it says not reachable.

View attachment 117331

Your picture doesn't show for me, but I'm wondering if your carrier doesn't support VoLTE whether it matters what you do there. You can always try to turn off data completely and see if that helps. Since you've already reset network settings, the other option is to get a new SIM card and try that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 117331

Do you even get LTE with Airtel? If you turn your wifi off, what shows in the status bar, LTE or 4G?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR