iPhone 6S Plus posting blurry pictures to Instagram

jackadam1212

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Apparently I am the only person in the world having this problem but I hope someone can help.
I have an iPhone 6S Plus 64 GB. It's less than a year old. I bought it through AT&T and then transferred it to Verizon. Giving all the details in case it matters.

A few months ago my new uploads to Instagram started posting blurry/grainy. It does not happen all the time, maybe half of the time and I cannot find any rhyme or reason to it. It did start happening after I switched to Verizon but I don't know if that matters.
It happens on and off wi-fi; with and without filters; with and without zooming in/cropping; when using photos from the camera roll, front facing camera, and rear facing camera; and on all 6 of my accounts.
Recently I posted a picture from my phone that was texted to me by a friend and it was grainy. So I deleted it, logged in to Instagram on my friends phone and posted it from there. It was perfect. This is leading me to believe that this is a problem with my phone and not with Instagram.

Has anyone else heard of this? Suggestions? Instagram is not responding to my reports, should I go to Verizon or Apple if I can't fix this myself?

ETA: and yes I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I also deleted the app, reset my phone to factory, reinstalled my phone, and then reinstalled the app.

Tags:
cold lyrics, closer lyrics, black beatles lyrics

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Apparently I am the only person in the world having this problem but I hope someone can help.
I have an iPhone 6S Plus 64 GB. It's less than a year old. I bought it through AT&T and then transferred it to Verizon. Giving all the details in case it matters.

A few months ago my new uploads to Instagram started posting blurry/grainy. It does not happen all the time, maybe half of the time and I cannot find any rhyme or reason to it. It did start happening after I switched to Verizon but I don't know if that matters.
It happens on and off wi-fi; with and without filters; with and without zooming in/cropping; when using photos from the camera roll, front facing camera, and rear facing camera; and on all 6 of my accounts.
Recently I posted a picture from my phone that was texted to me by a friend and it was grainy. So I deleted it, logged in to Instagram on my friends phone and posted it from there. It was perfect. This is leading me to believe that this is a problem with my phone and not with Instagram.

Has anyone else heard of this? Suggestions? Instagram is not responding to my reports, should I go to Verizon or Apple if I can't fix this myself?

ETA: and yes I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I also deleted the app, reset my phone to factory, reinstalled my phone, and then reinstalled the app.

Do you have Optimize iPhone Storage enabled in Settings > Photos & Camera?

joshinstagram

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue, it is a nightmare for me as I am trying to build my photography presence on instagram. I am using an iphone 5s and most people with sharper images I follow are using newer iphones.

Did you ever find a solution and was your friends phone a newer iphone than yours? If so which model compared to yours?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods