128 GB 6s vs 32 GB 7

ccfreeman

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
My company is offering to buy me either a 128 GB iPhone 6s or a 32 GB iPhone 7.

I currently have a 32 GB 5s. I don't have much of a problem of running out of space (I'm probably 80% full) currently but...

I'm about to have my first kid. I'm thinking that I'll be taking lots of pictures and videos in the next couple years.

Should I go with the 128 GB 6s or the 32 GB 7?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I agree. I just checked and see that the photos I take range from approx. 1-3 MB each. If you get a phone that's 80% full, you'll be out of space in no time.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
No question about it, I would definitely opt for the 128GB. I have a 32GB iPad mini 2, but my iPhone 6s is 64GB. If you have a lot of photos and videos (not to mention music), you'll need the extra space. I have barely any photos on my iPad and no videos or music on it, which is the only reason I'm good with 32GB. I say it's better to have too much storage than not enough!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
My company is offering to buy me either a 128 GB iPhone 6s or a 32 GB iPhone 7.

I currently have a 32 GB 5s. I don't have much of a problem of running out of space (I'm probably 80% full) currently but...I'm about to have my first kid. I'm thinking that I'll be taking lots of pictures and videos in the next couple years.Should I go with the 128 GB 6s or the 32 GB 7?

As @metalchick719 and @Retinella said, there is no doubt the 128GB iPhone 6s would be the best choice. The iPhone 7 may be a bit faster but 128GB of storage far outweighs the small performance gain :D

Especially since you cant get a Micro SD to further expand the storage size. I love taking photos and without my 128GB Micro SD i may have run out of space on my 32GB PRIV.

ccfreeman

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
As @metalchick719 and @Retinella said, there is no doubt the 128GB iPhone 6s would be the best choice. The iPhone 7 may be a bit faster but 128GB of storage far outweighs the small performance gain :D

Especially since you cant get a Micro SD to further expand the storage size. I love taking photos and without my 128GB Micro SD i may have run out of space on my 32GB PRIV.

Ok yeah. I was leaning towards more storage. Thanks everyone. Think I'll go with the 6s.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I do agree for the most part, though Apple does offer the Camera connection kit. I also have my 16 GB iPhone 6S set to backup all my photos to my personal network drive at home whenever I connect to Wi-Fi or cellular. This is a great feature that allows me to take as many pictures that I want almost anywhere I am. I find it totally "do-able". That said, 128 GB is nice option, but it is not really necessary in my opinion and almost becomes overkill.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I do agree for the most part, though Apple does offer the Camera connection kit. I also have my 16 GB iPhone 6S set to backup all my photos to my personal network drive at home whenever I connect to Wi-Fi or cellular. This is a great feature that allows me to take as many pictures that I want almost anywhere I am. I find it totally "do-able". That said, 128 GB is nice option, but it is not really necessary in my opinion and almost becomes overkill.

Another option, of course, is to use iCloud Photo Library on the 32 GB iPhone 7. As the photo library grows, the iPhone will leave a small thumbnail of older photos in the gallery and will download the full version from iCloud as necessary. It will likely require a monthly iCloud storage fee to go above the free 5 GB tier, though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods