restore or set as new the iphone 6s

diogo461

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
I´ve notice some lag on apps , maybe its because I restore the iphone from computer? I have an iphone SE before, should I set my 6s as new to fix the lag?
I´ve seen on the internet that restoring iphone may cause some lag issues..anyone could please confirm?

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you should have any issues with a restore. I did one on my iPhone 6s last Friday after getting the battery replaced. Everything went smoothly and I haven't experienced any lagging or other issues. I say give it a go.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I´ve notice some lag on apps , maybe its because I restore the iphone from computer? I have an iphone SE before, should I set my 6s as new to fix the lag?
I´ve seen on the internet that restoring iphone may cause some lag issues..anyone could please confirm?

Set it up as new is my recommendation. Restoring from a backup could cause you to restore the problem. If it were "me", I'd put the device in DFU mode, connect it a computer and then select to restore and update it via iTunes. iTunes will then download and install a fresh full copy of the latest iOS version the device can take.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
why DFU mode and not normal mode?

If you choose to "erase all contents and settings", that is all you'll be doing. What if the problem is because part of the installed iOS is corrupted? The problem would still persist even after setting it up as new. Allowing for a fresh install of iOS could eliminate that problem, and thus, the reason I'd go the DFU route.

Last edited:

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Did you restore by itunes or full restore by computer on Itunes?

I had done a backup on my Mac via iTunes the day before wiping my phone clean so that I could set up my new iPhone SE from it. The next day, I brought my 6s to the Apple Store for the battery replacement and restored it via that backup as soon as I got home and everything was good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711