Weird Glitch...

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a weird glitch with my iPhone 6s and noticed it right after I got it. On occasion, the home screen will shift down so that the top row of icons are in the second row. This is usually something I've just shrugged off, and the screen normally goes back to proper position when I either touch the display or press the Home button. However, on Sunday, when this happened, the screen didn't go back to the normal position and it was just stuck. I freaked out! I ended up rebooting my phone and only then was it normal.

Has anyone ever experienced this with their iPhone 6s or any other iPhone, for that matter? I told my friend (who has an iPhone 7) about this and she asked me if it was related to iOS, but I get the feeling it's a hardware issue with my particular iPhone.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Is this the reachability feature? Double tapping the home button will shift everything down. You can disable this feature in the accessibility settings.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Is this the reachability feature? Double tapping the home button will shift everything down. You can disable this feature in the accessibility settings.

No, it's not at all. I've never done anything with the accessibility settings. I even just checked in case it was set without me realizing it after reading your response. It's really nothing more than a bizarre glitch on my phone. The screen will shift downward without me doing anything. I'm at the point where I'm thinking nobody else has ever experienced this and I'm just the one odd duck.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
It has happened to me before too. Slid down as if I double tapped the home button, even though I didn't. I have also had it get stuck like this a couple of times too, requiring a reboot. This happened on a 7 plus.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
With all odd things like that have you tried a restore from new to see if it happens again?

Little bugs like this are so hard to pin down especially if all the settings are as they should be!
I had one on my original iPhone which would cause the icon to the phone app to vanish but still work.
Restore sorted that.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
With all odd things like that have you tried a restore from new to see if it happens again?

Little bugs like this are so hard to pin down especially if all the settings are as they should be!
I had one on my original iPhone which would cause the icon to the phone app to vanish but still work.
Restore sorted that.

I haven't done that, but I thought about it the other day. I'll probably end up doing a full restore anyway since I'm considering going for the battery replacement - my 6s hasn't had any shutdown issues like so many others have (yet), but my phone is eligible for the replacement. Should be interesting to see if the bug vanishes after the restore.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No, it's not at all. I've never done anything with the accessibility settings. I even just checked in case it was set without me realizing it after reading your response. It's really nothing more than a bizarre glitch on my phone. The screen will shift downward without me doing anything. I'm at the point where I'm thinking nobody else has ever experienced this and I'm just the one odd duck.

The reachability feature is on by default so just making sure you turned it off?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this definitely sounds like the Reachability function. As mentioned above, it occurs when you double tap (not press) the the Home button.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this definitely sounds like the Reachability function. As mentioned above, it occurs when you double tap (not press) the the Home button.

Maybe, but have you ever seen reachability not return to normal when you press the home button, tap the screen, etc.? Or, have reachability happen if you have the feature turned off as metalchick719 says it was?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
If it is reachability, then even that function has a glitch. When you double tap the home button with reachability enabled, the display scrolls down 2 rows. metalchick719 said when it happens to her, the display scrolls down 1 row.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The reachability feature is on by default so just making sure you turned it off?

Hmm, you know, I guess it is this after all. I didn't realize it was a double TAP thing. I just checked again and it was enabled by default. You learn something new every day. When I checked my Accessibility settings before, I looked at the wrong thing (everything was off except for that).

Thanks to everyone who replied! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234