Notifications

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
As you may have read in my battery thread I followed trouble shooting instructions from apple and set my phone up as a new phone without restoring a backup.

As I was doing my iPhone I also did the same on my iPad. Now both are running the same iOS and both are running the same apps.

(As it happens annoyingly the battery issue wasn't solved by this)

This reset has also created another issue

When I got a notification it'd come on both devices. Reading that notification would then deal with it on both devices. For example if a Facebook or twitter notification was read on my iPhone it then wasn't showing when I looked on my iPad.

Since setting both devices up even when I read a notification on one it's still unread on the other, still therefore showing in the notification area too.

How do I fix this annoyance please?

srkmagnus

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to using an iPhone as a daily device (6s) after coming from Android. I don't know exactly what the issue could be; however, I've read that you may need to reboot both devices (doesn't hurt to do both) and give it some time for the notification to be sync'd. Meaning, it may not be instantaneous and may take a few minutes to sync on the other device once it's read on your current device.

What's confusing (for me) is that you didn't seem to have this problem until after the reset. Let us know if you resolve this and what step(s) you took to fix it.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but sadly it's still not resolved. Both devices have been restarted but it just doesn't happen even with background app refresh on.

I have the Genius Bar appointment on Friday to diagnose the battery so hopefully they can also explain that too

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR