Hi I have a Acura TSX and my phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to the Bluetooth speaker. This issue is driving me nuts as my music keeps getting interrupted.

I spoke with the dealership and was told its a known issue with the iPhone 6s and the issue lies with the iPhone. I'm a bit skeptical about this but was curious if any one has had a similar situation, knowledge or advice they would be willing to share.

Thanks in advance.
    12-02-2016 09:39 PM
    There have been a lot of reports of BT issues with cars. I have seen many posts about the issues being fixed by updating car software and other saying iOS updates fixed the issues. I use an Aukey adapter in my car and have not had any issues.
    12-05-2016 03:00 PM
    Don't believe it! I have a 2015 Acura TLX/SH-AWD/Tech/ELS
    Paired with an IPhone SE 64GB/TMobile
    Make sure the software is Apple's latest 10.1
    My BT, & BT audio are perfect; phone quality sounds like a landline; no drops
    Amazon, & ITunes audio are flawless
    It's the old blame game; Acura blames Apple, & Vice-versa
    Make sure your phone has been hard re-started, & the apps have been cleared
    good luck
    12-05-2016 03:27 PM
    Don't believe it! I have a 2015 Acura TLX/SH-AWD/Tech/ELS
    Paired with an IPhone SE 64GB/TMobile
    Make sure the software is Apple's latest 10.1
    My BT, & BT audio are perfect; phone quality sounds like a landline; no drops
    Amazon, & ITunes audio are flawless
    It's the old blame game; Acura blames Apple, & Vice-versa
    Make sure your phone has been hard re-started, & the apps have been cleared
    good luck
    Thanks. I have updates my phone and am still having the issue. I was also told it could be the Wi-Fi interfering as I drive around so it's best to shut the Wi-Fi off on the phone. That has seemed to help some but its very annoying to turn the Wi-Fi on and off. Any thoughts about the possibility of the issue being Wifi related?
    12-07-2016 04:44 AM
    Thanks. I have updates my phone and am still having the issue. I was also told it could be the Wi-Fi interfering as I drive around so it's best to shut the Wi-Fi off on the phone. That has seemed to help some but its very annoying to turn the Wi-Fi on and off. Any thoughts about the possibility of the issue being Wifi related?
    Wifi and BT use completely different signals. I call shenanigans on that one. I would go to the dealer and tell them you want them to make sure that your car has the most up to date software. I work for Mazda and a update to the CMU module fixes a ton of bugs. It's like a phone where if there's a problem the car manufacturers put out patches to fix them. If it's a known issue with iPhones I'm sure Acura has tried or issued a TSB fix for the issue.
    12-11-2016 10:20 PM
    Wifi and BT use completely different signals.
    WiFi and BT both use 2.54 GHz radio bands, so it's conceivable (though unusual) that a strong WiFi signal could overwhelm a BT signal.

But I agree that making sure that the car's audio system and BT are up to the latest firmware versions/patches is a great first step.
    12-12-2016 12:45 PM