Exchange Account Using Excessive Data

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that I am using more cellular data then usual, which is weird because I am on WiFi most of the time. So I reset my data statistics about ninety minutes ago to see if I can find the culprit. In those ninety minutes, my phone has been on WiFi the entire time, and used 13.9 MB of data, split among exchange accounts (13.8 MB), push notifications (86.8 KB), and Siri (63 bytes). I am going to completely disregard the fact that I haven't touched Siri in ages and focus on the exchange accounts that are using 13.8 MB in the ninety minutes since I reset my data usage statistics. My phone was on WiFi so why would it be using cellular data? The WiFi connection is great, as I haven't been outside twenty feet of the router. Also I have three exchange accounts, two personal and one school, and they ONLY sync mail. I have kept it from syncing contacts, calendars, reminders, and notes since I added the accounts almost a year ago. I will also add that I have gotten one text-based email in that time. Does anyone have any explanation as to why my exchange accounts have used 13.8 MB in ninety minutes? I am using an iPhone 6S that is running iOS 10.1.1.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, 13MB isn't really a lot of data. But check if you have WiFi Assist enabled. Settings > Cellular; scroll way down to the bottom and toggle it off. That should stop any mobile data use when you're on WiFi.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, 13MB isn't really a lot of data. But check if you have WiFi Assist enabled. Settings > Cellular; scroll way down to the bottom and toggle it off. That should stop any mobile data use when you're on WiFi.

The only reason I consider it a lot of data is my phone has been on WiFi ever since I reset the statistics, and I'm unsure why it would go to cellular and not WiFi. I turned WiFi Assist off when I first got the phone because I once made a very expensive mistake on my iPad due to WiFi Assist being turned on.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps you might try turning the assist back on, restart, then toggle it off again? It may be "stuck"?

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
No problemo. Oh, I left out the obvious comment -- monitor after doing so to ensure it works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro