Double email messages in sent folder

doniP6S

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
iPhone 6S that was purchased in September of this year...64gb. All is great, love the phone but while looking through something I noticed that it shows every email I send out is sent twice. So each email shows a duplicate to whomever it goes to, according to the phone. The other part is that the recipient only receives one email, not two. I know this sounds strange and probably no big deal, but any thoughts on this? We have looked in settings and cannot see anything that would give any indication on this.
Thanks in advance
don

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Check this -- go to Settings > Mail. Scroll down to "Composing" and check if "Always Bcc myself" is toggled on. If so, turn it off.

Let us know if that stops the duplicates.

doniP6S

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Thank you but we already checked in the settings area and the bcc was turned off. We turned it on, emailed something and then turned it off. After doing that we did shut the phone down completely and turned it back on and no change. So thank you for that idea, but had already checked that one.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Is the email sent from an IMAP account (such as Gmail), or an ActiveSync account (such as Hotmail/Outlook.com)?

doniP6S

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
The account is a live.com (original windows phone account)...that is where it is sent from. But on our other iPhone 6s, the the account the email is sent from is a yahoo.com account and it does not show duplicate emails being sent out. Does that provide any thoughts on what could be causing this?
Thanks for your reply and comment...

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
There are a couple of older threads about problems similar to yours, but with no apparent rsolution.
http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/300689-duplicate-emails-iphone-all-inboxes-iphone5s.html
http://forums.imore.com/ios-7/262886-ios-7-duplicate-email-bug.html

Do you know if the duplicate sent messages are a recent issue? If recent, it may be caused by Microsoft's upgrade to Outlook.com/Live.com accounts. I had an issue with one of my own Outlook.com accounts. Deleting and re-adding the account fixed the issue for me. You may want to give that a try. (Make sure you're on WiFi when you do so, to avoid data usage when your email re-syncs.

doniP6S

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Thank you Ecm....we hadn't thought of deleting and reinstalling that email. Since the phone was set up using that email address as well as registered for itunes, will deleting and reinstalling that email address (for mail only) create any problems...if you would know? And this problem has been on the phone since it was first purchased in mid September.
Again, we will try that and I do thank you and all the other responses.
don

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Don,
Deleting and re-adding that email address within the Mail app won't cause any problems with your Apple ID, even though it's the email address you use for your Apple ID. You would have to go into iCloud and iTunes settings and make changes there to cause any problems, but there's no need to do so.

Cheers,
John/Ecm

doniP6S

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Well...we just tried that and sent out two separate emails and it does appear that worked!! Thank you very much for that idea, we would have never thought of doing that. Thank you

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro