I swap to an android phone sometimes and when I come back to my 6s I notice it has a dead battery. It's not dead when I turn it off for the swap, but maybe around 50%. When I reinsert my sim after some days and turn it on I get the low battery icon and it won't start till I plug it in. Then when I plug it in it reads 32% battery, weird.
    So wondering: 1. What could be causing this drain since the phone is off?
    2. Isn't it bad for the battery to go to 0% a lot?
    3. It always restarts from 32% battery, but when using it normally it can go to single digits of battery% before plugging in, so why the restart at 32% even tho it is actually dead and should be zero%?

I recall a thread describing weird, incorrect battery percentages and not really concerned about the 32% restart because it seems calibrated fine after it's charged back up, but more concerned to know if I'm heading to a damaged battery by draining to zero while it's off on my desk. Maybe I should keep it in sleep mode and moderately charged for peace of mind even when the sim is out and I'm not using it.
    At first I thought it was just a weird fluke, but it does this every time I leave it turned off.
    11-10-2016 12:56 PM
    I had an iPhone 4s which I already completely drained before charging, did that for about 3 years and never had any issues with decreased battery life.
    I dont know if there is a lot of difference in battery technique between that phone and the current models but I don't really see it making a lot of difference.
    It's advised to charge when it goes below 20% and not let it stay in the charger when it's full.
    Also topping up when you can is advised, but I haven't really had any negative issues with battery life.
    11-10-2016 01:53 PM
    I had an iPhone 4s which I already completely drained before charging, did that for about 3 years and never had any issues with decreased battery life.
    I dont know if there is a lot of difference in battery technique between that phone and the current models but I don't really see it making a lot of difference.
    It's advised to charge when it goes below 20% and not let it stay in the charger when it's full.
    Also topping up when you can is advised, but I haven't really had any negative issues with battery life.
    Yeah, I do know the basics of battery care and thats the reason I was a bit concerned. Nice to know you went 3 years with no noticeable issues, pretty cool. Weird it drains to zero when it is turned off tho.
    Anyone else have this happen? I don't recall my 6+ doing anything like that.
    11-10-2016 06:25 PM
    Last time my battery acted up I think the magic number was 32% as well. The battery drained to that amount and then shut off like it was dead. I went to plug it in thinking it does from taking all the pics I was taking and as soon as I plugged it in, it restarted and started charging at 32%.

It's weird that's the number for both of us.
    cbreze likes this.
    11-12-2016 02:16 AM