Can't See Entire Contents of Fields When Using Large Text

JohninCT2

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
This has been bothering me for a while. I use large text because my eyesight isn't great. Not gigantic, just around the middle setting. When I do, I can't read entire fields in certain apps. For example, in settings when I set text size to the middle (under the A), the top field on that page says "Larger Accessibility Si..." On the new setting under Reduce Motion, I see only "Auto-play Message Ef..." This problem pops up everywhere. You would think a setting to make the screen accessible wouldn't render it unreadable.

Is there some trick that I'm missing, or is this just a regrettable bug.

Attachments

• IMG_0749.PNG
    IMG_0749.PNG
    60.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 9

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I think it's like Tupac says—that's just the way it is. Not a bug, just not really possible to have both. Even on an iPad, you can run out of room.

Now if Apple let the phone show Settings in landscape position, it might work.

JohninCT2

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Yes, in some other apps I go landscape and that usually works. This would be a good opportunity for force touch to add value - force touch to reveal the contents of a truncated field.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, I can think of one possible solution: "Hey Siri, turn on Voice Over". This will toggle the ability to allow you to touch a field to have it read out loud to you. (I haven't tried it myself; I have neither large text nor Siri turned on myself.)

I 100% agree with you, though; this seems poor usability.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2