iPhone 6s Battery Problem

iGore313

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I have had my iPhone 6s for about a year now. I just recently started having battery issues. It seems that my battery drains pretty quickly now. Also, when the battery gets down to 20% remaining, it just turns itself off. I am running ios10.1.

Has anyone has this problem? Do you have any suggestions for fixing it?

Thanks!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I've had my iPhone 6s since late September 2015. I'm not noticing any battery issues at all. Maybe it's the iOS 10.1 beta doing it? (my 6s is on iOS 10.0.3). I'm not 100% sure about a solution, but maybe a hard reset would do the trick? Or maybe if that doesn't fix it, do a restore?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Maybe a restore as new is in order. I did a restore as new with iOS 10.01 when it came out publicly. All my stuff is backed up in iCloud, so it was pretty easy to set back up. No battery problems and I really don't pay much attention to charging. I took my phone off the charger at noon and still at 100% at 5 PM. Now at 8 PM it is down to 93% with light usage.

iGore313

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I Haveen considering a hard reset. Its always a pain setting everything up again, but that be my only option. Thanks for the replies!

mosiah18

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem after updating to 10.1. Shutting off anywhere from 20 to 30% or so. Reset on iTunes and restored from backup. Same problem. Finally reset as new and that worked. Just take screenshots of your home page, etc so you can set up your apps the same way if you like.

iGore313

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem after updating to 10.1. Shutting off anywhere from 20 to 30% or so. Reset on iTunes and restored from backup. Same problem. Finally reset as new and that worked. Just take screenshots of your home page, etc so you can set up your apps the same way if you like.

Thank you. Its looking like that is what I will have to do. I noticed if I'm in battery save mode it will not turn off at 20%.

VivaTerlingua

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I have had the same issue with my 6s. I sent it back to Apple to get the battery replaced and they would not replace even though I was willing to pay for a new battery. While there, they did a hard reset and I restored. Battery still drains way too fast although it doesn't shut down anymore when it gets to less than 40%.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem with my iPhone 6S and found information about IPhone battery problem.

I found an artikel here in Sweden about this issue

Affected serial number is according to this artikel

Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 QC QD QF QG QH

This is the fourth and fifth letter of the serial number

I contacted a local appelstore and they replaced my phone. They replaced it because they broke my phone when they tried to exchange battery. This was after warranty time. I had QG in my serial number

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
My 6s falls in the serial number range that qualifies for a free new battery. I'm curious, if you've had your battery replaced, how long did it take? Did you have to leave it at the store and retrieve some days later? I can't imagine having to leave my phone for more than the day.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My 6s falls in the serial number range that qualifies for a free new battery. I'm curious, if you've had your battery replaced, how long did it take? Did you have to leave it at the store and retrieve some days later? I can't imagine having to leave my phone for more than the day.
I went in for a genius bar appt last Tuesday. My phone is covered by this, so I have a work order number, but they had no batteries in stock, and were expecting any ordered last Tuesday to be in after today (December 5). They will call when it arrives so that I can arrange for a new genius bar appointment. I was told that it would take about an hour - double that if I came in over the weekend. As I understand it, they will try to replace the battery, but if they break the phone doing the repair, I will be given a refurbished unit when I come back to retrieve it.

[edit] They did run full diagnostics on the phone while I was there... but I did leave with my phone. I didn't have to leave it.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
My phone was replaced and I had to wait 2 days for it. They broke it trying to replace my battery.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. Its looking like that is what I will have to do. I noticed if I'm in battery save mode it will not turn off at 20%.

I had this issue as well. Did soft reset (hold home and power until reboot) and haven't had an issue since. Good luck

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I Haveen considering a hard reset. Its always a pain setting everything up again, but that be my only option. Thanks for the replies!

I know this is an older post, but just felt like clarifying something real quick. A hard reset does not remove anything from your phone. All a hard reset does is turn the phone off and back on again. This is not the same thing as holding the power button down and sliding the button to power down the phone.

How to Hard Reset your iPhone: Press and hold both Home and Power buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Once you see the logo, let go of the buttons and allow the phone to reboot.

A factory reset will remove all of your apps, documents, photos, music, etc from the phone and reinstall the OS. As long as you perform a full backup first, you can do a clean install, run through the setup that only takes a moment or two, and then reinstall your backup. This takes very little time and sets the phone back up exactly as it was before you reinstalled the OS. All of your settings, contacts, apps, photos etc are put back on your phone.

Note: When you do a backup with iTunes; if you want your passwords, Health info, and HomeKit data to be included in your backup you must tick the box for Encrypt iPhone backup when backing up to your computer's hard drive.

If you're having issues try a hard reset first. If that fails to fix the issue then perform a backup, do your clean install and run it for a few days before you install your backup. This helps you to figure out if you have a hardware issue or if there was just a rogue app or file corruption caused by the last iOS update system file overwrite. The latter is most times the main cause of most issues, and a factory reset will install clean system files back on to your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh