How to backup my iPhone and Entire Content Without iTunes

leah_lamar

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,

I am trying to totally eliminate iTunes from my iPhone experience. I have my iPhone to an almost perfect place right now. I only have one step left, and that's backing up. Is there an app that will create like a full copy of my iPhone, and could restore it if necessary? It needs to get all of my music (include the added music), I would also like it to backup pics, movies and messages if possible.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

leah_lamar

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Why dont you want to use itunes? Almost everything could be done via itunes, such as updating, syncing, restoring, backup etc.
I really dislike iTunes and the whole closed attitude Apple has about the iPhone. If I want to add music to my phone, I don't want to be locked to one computer - I want to add some songs from my PC before I leave on a trip, but also have the option to add songs from my MacBook while traveling.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I really dislike iTunes and the whole closed attitude Apple has about the iPhone. If I want to add music to my phone, I don't want to be locked to one computer - I want to add some songs from my PC before I leave on a trip, but also have the option to add songs from my MacBook while traveling.

If it weren't for Apple, there wouldn't be an iPhone.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I am trying to totally eliminate iTunes from my iPhone experience. I have my iPhone to an almost perfect place right now. I only have one step left, and that's backing up. Is there an app that will create like a full copy of my iPhone, and could restore it if necessary? It needs to get all of my music (include the added music), I would also like it to backup pics, movies and messages if possible.

You mean aside from iCloud, which backs all that stuff up wirelessly? Aside from that, I don't believe such a solution exists with the iPhone.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I really dislike iTunes

So did I until I learned how to use it properly. Not being a smart-mouth, I'm being totally and completely sincere.

and the whole closed attitude Apple has about the iPhone.

I use to feel the same way. The 6s is my first iPhone. Every Android device I've ever owned I have rooted it and installed custom ROMs. After learning a bit more about the iPhone I've come to realize that it's one of the most secure phones on the market. I like the lengths Apple will go to in order to keep my information as safe as possible.

If I want to add music to my phone, I don't want to be locked to one computer - I want to add some songs from my PC before I leave on a trip, but also have the option to add songs from my MacBook while traveling.

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from doing so if you're using iTunes. We have several Windows PC's in our house, several Windows laptops, and a new Macbook Pro. We can add music to our iPhones from any of those. I fought with iTunes and my iPhone for a month before I finally figured out how to use iTunes the right way. Of course, Apple does not make using it easy either, but once you figure it out the light bulb that goes off is larger than the Empire State Building. ;)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from doing so if you're using iTunes. We have several Windows PC's in our house, several Windows laptops, and a new Macbook Pro. We can add music to our iPhones from any of those. I fought with iTunes and my iPhone for a month before I finally figured out how to use iTunes the right way. Of course, Apple does not make using it easy either, but once you figure it out the light bulb that goes off is larger than the Empire State Building. ;)

The way is to set up iTunes to manually add music to the iPhone in iTunes on both computers. This note from Apple shows you how: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201593

(I'm not a huge fan of iTunes, either, but I'm with Sherry_B - I have it set up perfectly for the way I want it.)

ParkerPSM

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I think iTunes is the only option that can backup the entire contents and settings of your iPhone officially. It's also really easy to restore the backup to your iPhone. If you don't have to use iTunes, some third party programs can also backup your iPhone contents but not settings. iPhone Transfer is one of them. It can connect your iPhone and transfer music, photos, videos, messages, contacts, playlists, TV shows, ringtones, audio books, ebooks and other files from iPhone to computer easily.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Take a look at iMazing. The full paid version does all of that and more.

SelenaLee

Banned
Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
The official ways from Apple to back up iPhone contents are either making a backup via iTunes or doing it via iCloud. However, there are some software supporting this feature, too.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have existed on various iPhones since 2012 without a computer.Occasionally irritating but works well on the whole.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro