My 6s battery isn't as good as it used to be - should I replace it?

JohninCT2

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I usually get a new phone every year. I've always noticed that, as July, August, September roll around the battery on my phone is starting to drain faster. Then I get a new one and am always pleased about the longer battery life.
This year I'm planning to skip the IPhone 7, should I replace my battery? I'd be curious if anyone else does this. Considering that refurbished phones get new batteries, why no refurbish my own?

All comments are much appreciated.

BD15

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a 6s in June. The battery life was stellar and it felt as thought I could make it well into two days without a charge. As of the most recent update, I don't even make it a full day. I was going 8-9 hours with regular use and hovering between 65-75%.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The battery life in my 6s (obtained at launch) is pretty bad these days and if I were not getting my yearly new iPhone in a couple weeks I would definitely look to have it replaced at Apple or install a new aftermarket battery... so yes...

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I usually get a new phone every year. I've always noticed that, as July, August, September roll around the battery on my phone is starting to drain faster. Then I get a new one and am always pleased about the longer battery life.
This year I'm planning to skip the IPhone 7, should I replace my battery? I'd be curious if anyone else does this. Considering that refurbished phones get new batteries, why no refurbish my own?

All comments are much appreciated.

For sure man. If you're not looking to upgrade this year, go by an Apple Store and have them check out your battery to make sure it's also not a rogue app or any other outlying factors causing the battery drain. If not, then it's $79 bucks for a new battery. Much better than $649 for a new phone!

Darryl Hill

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I just did a quick search on this, as I got a second hand 6S. Found an article recommending an app called Battery Life that will show you the amount of wear on your battery.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
It could always be your os. I find the closer that we get to a newer iPhone the more demanding the is becomes on a phone mainly because the newer phone has a more powerful hardware setup. I've had my 6S since launch day and I have had a few os's that made me think of buying a S7 because the battery life is so bad. I found 9.3.3 to be the best for battery life so I'm sticking with it for as long as I can.

I know I won't get new features and cool stuff being on , but I also know that I won't have any is issues when it comes to lagging on a heavier os.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't think battery life should be that drastically different after a year of usage. I've had my 6s for just shy of a year now and the battery seems fine. Of course, it depends on how heavily you're using certain apps throughout the day. I notice that when I spend my hour and a half commute to the office playing games, and then the same length commute going back home, the battery does drain a lot faster than if I'm just working from home and not sitting there for so long playing games.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73