So last September I went into my local Apple Store to buy an AppleCare warranty on my new iPhone 6s from T-Mobile. This was my first time ever buying a warranty from Apple and so I assumed everything went according to plan. Yesterday I decided (out of boredom) to check online to see what the expiration date was on it etc. I checked the serial number for my phone, and it showed there was an AppleCare warranty... BUT when I checked under my Apple ID, it said I had no registered AppleCare plans. I have read online that you are supposed to register these warranties with some kind of registration number that they give you in the store. All I got at the time was a receipt which I cannot locate now (and I always keep everything so this is really bothering me). I don't know what to do. I am planning on going into the Apple Store this weekend, but I just wanted to check on here and see if this is a common issue and if Apple has neglected to give any of you the registration info as well.
    08-31-2016 02:21 PM
    I didn't register with any registration numbers. I purchased my Apple Care + online, got my receipt, got my Apple Care coverage info, scanned them both and saved them in case I need them.
    08-31-2016 05:15 PM
    I didn't register with any registration numbers. I purchased my Apple Care + online, got my receipt, got my Apple Care coverage info, scanned them both and saved them in case I need them.
    But is your AppleCare plan attached to your Apple ID? When you purchase from the Apple Store Online, I believe it automatically registers it to your Apple ID. I bought mine AT the Apple Store location and it is not attached to my Apple ID.
    09-01-2016 09:34 AM
    But is your AppleCare plan attached to your Apple ID? When you purchase from the Apple Store Online, I believe it automatically registers it to your Apple ID. I bought mine AT the Apple Store location and it is not attached to my Apple ID.
    I'm not sure, but I don't think it should be. It should be associated with the device. After a cursory check of the paperwork, I don't see my Apple ID listed anywhere.
    09-01-2016 02:20 PM
    I'm not sure, but I don't think it should be. It should be associated with the device. After a cursory check of the paperwork, I don't see my Apple ID listed anywhere.

When you log in online with your Apple ID, there is a way to view your Apple Care plans. I have 0 showing under my Apple ID. When I check my serial number, it shows there is an Apple Care warranty on that device. I read online that if you purchase IN STORE that you are supposed to register your Apple Care plan with your Apple ID using a registration number. If you buy the plan online it should already be registered to your Apple ID. That's all I was saying. I will check with the Apple Store near my home this weekend and check back.
    09-01-2016 02:28 PM
    When you log in online with your Apple ID, there is a way to view your Apple Care plans. I have 0 showing under my Apple ID. When I check my serial number, it shows there is an Apple Care warranty on that device. I read online that if you purchase IN STORE that you are supposed to register your Apple Care plan with your Apple ID using a registration number. If you buy the plan online it should already be registered to your Apple ID. That's all I was saying. I will check with the Apple Store near my home this weekend and check back.
    I understood what you were saying, and wasn't trying to argue with you or anything. I haven't gone through what you're going through in regard to Apple Care is all I was trying to convey. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    09-01-2016 02:31 PM
    When I log into the "Manage My Apple ID" site, I don't see anything related to my active Apple Care + plans.
    But when I go here and enter the device serial number, it show that the Apple Care + is active.

OP, where are you logging in and seeing this data (or lack of data)?
    09-01-2016 04:49 PM