Play audio of movies in the background?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a question I have wondered about for awhile - sometimes I pay old favorite movies through the Bluetooth audio in my car. I use the Videos app on my iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.3. I notice that if I just turn off the screen,, the video will stop playing. (Actually Bluetooth has nothing to do with it, if playing a movie in Videos and you turn off the screen it stops). Is there a way to change this behavior so I can leave the screen off while listening to the audio? It feels like a setting for Background App Refresh, but Videos app is not listed there.

Pcmx

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Idk if this will work because I don't have any videos on my work phone but I've listened to youtube in the browser this way. Try pausing the video then press the home button to minimize the app and go to the home screen. Then swipe that thing up from the bottom, the control center or whatever it's called and press the play button in there, then see if the audio will play with the screen off. Hope it works.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion Pcmx, it appears when you minimize it, it is no longer the audio preference on the "swipe up" section at the bottom - the latest song I have payed shows there. It must be an anomaly in how the Videos app works. I tried this with a commercial movie and also a "Home Movie", from that tab.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox