Using iPhone 6S in the rain

ostro69

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I used my iPhone 6S in the rain today. Although I could wipe off the water completely only sometime later, I don't see any damage as everything works fine, including the touch, speakers and the jack. However, I'm quite a paranoid person so I'm worried if there's actually any internal liquid damage. Is there any way to check for that at home? Also, although the 6S isn't certified water resistant, can it be used it the rain?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend using your iPhone in the rain, drizzle should be fine. You could always bring it to the Apple Store and ask them to see if there is any liquid damage.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

In addition to what TripleOne suggested, you could also turn off the phone and place it in a ziplock bag full of uncooked rice for a day or two. The rice will absorb moisture (this is why you sometimes see rice in a salt shaker).

ostro69

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

In addition to what TripleOne suggested, you could also turn off the phone and place it in a ziplock bag full of uncooked rice for a day or two. The rice will absorb moisture (this is why you sometimes see rice in a salt shaker).

My phone isn't wet, it's functioning just fine. I was just worried about the possibility of internal water damage which I think isn't going to be a problem in my case as my phone didn't suffer major exposure to rainwater. It didn't get soaked or anything. I also checked the moisture indicator inside the SIM card slot just to be sure and it was still white and had not turned red.
Thanks for the response though

ostro69

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend using your iPhone in the rain, drizzle should be fine. You could always bring it to the Apple Store and ask them to see if there is any liquid damage.

Cool! I heard the iPhone 6S is still resistant to water to a small extent, so I guess I should be fine. Thanks for responding

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Personally I don't recommend using any device in the rain unless it states it's waterproof. Water resistant really doesn't make much of a difference.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend it either. But on my way to work today, I did see two boys playing Pokemon Go in the rain with their phones. It was coming down pretty steadily and they showed no signs of protecting their iPhones. To each his own ...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Cool! I heard the iPhone 6S is still resistant to water to a small extent, so I guess I should be fine. Thanks for responding

Nope....Don't trust it! Find shelter from rain or water, in general, prior to using your iPhone.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

I think water resistant, when it comes to cell phones, basically means if you have to be on the phone and need to run through the parking-lot from your car to a building that the phone should be OK. From reading everything you said though, I think you're right. Your phone should be fine. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711