Zedge Ringtone issue, why won't it download to my 6s?

I

iMore Question

Zedge Ringtone issue

ZEDGE says it can't download ringtones for my Iphone 6s. WHY NOT? And what is an alternative?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
ZEDGE says it can't download ringtones for my Iphone 6s. WHY NOT?
iMore is not Zedge so therefore, we wouldn't know. I recommend you contacts the folks who develop Zedge and make an inquiry.
And what is an alternative?
There are numerous ringtone apps in the App Store. Try a few of them to see which suits your needs best.

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Zedge Ringtone issue

I am guessing that you may be coming from an android phone. IOS doesn't let you download ring tones from Zedge like android does. I can't remember the process as I'm not using an iPhone right now but there should be instructions within the app if I remember correctly.

ShreyansShah

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
i think i remember it. u have to connect phone to ur pc.
in iTunes app, u will be able to find the downloaded ringtones under that Zedge app. copy them to ur pc / mac. then copy those ringtones back to ur phone by importing those files.

thejeaneffect

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Zedge Ringtone issue

On November 16 ZEDGE introduced a BRAND NEW FREE ITUNES RINGTONES APP for iPhones. This is a separate app -- differenf from the legacy Zedge Wallpapers app. It is Brand New, and developed specifically for iOS and for iTunes and for iPhones. So if you are having trouble downloading Zedge Ringtones go to iTunes, find the brand new Zedge Ringtones app just launched on 111616 download it. Install it and follow the instructions to select and download and install your favorite Zedge Ringtones for iPhones, iPads and Apple devices.

thejeaneffect

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
On November 16 ZEDGE introduced a BRAND NEW FREE ITUNES RINGTONES APP for iPhones.
This is a separate app -- different from the legacy Zedge Wallpapers app that you may have installed at some point in the past onto your iPhone.
This Zedge Ringtones app is Brand New as of 111616 -- just a few days ago! , and it is developed specifically for iOS and for iTunes and for iPhones. So if you are having trouble downloading Zedge Ringtones you may have an older version.
If you want Zedge Ringtones, go to iTunes, find the brand new Zedge Ringtones app just launched on 111616 and download it.
Install The New Zedge Ringtones app on from iTunes and follow the instructions to select and download and install your favorite Zedge Ringtones for iPhones, iPads and Apple devices.
Remember, this is a brand new free app in the iTunes Store called Zedge Ringtones.

beagleman16

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
with edge you must put it in manually. goto edge website and download it there then double click it it will be put into your iTunes library.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
This Zedge Ringtones app is Brand New as of 111616 -- just a few days ago!

No, it's not. I've had the Zedge Ringtone app on my phone since Feb of this year. It was removed from the app store for quite some time, but as long as you still had the app on your phone then it still worked. It's been recently revamped and allowed back on the app store, but it's not new. The update history goes back to December 9th of 2012.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I just tried to download Zedge and the message says it's temporarily unavailable. Try Again Later!

I just downloaded it to my iPod without any issues. If it still won't download try going to Settings > General . Reset > Reset Network Settings

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods