Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WolfBanner87
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Iphone 6s. Battery was at 40% and it just went dead

Iphone 6s 64GB. Was using phone when the screen dimmed. No response from any button and then the screen went black. Tried the power button for 30 sec as well as the power/home combo. Nothing. Battery was at 40% before screen went dark. I have left it on the charger for over an hour with no change. Next appointment available at Apple store is Thursday...Please help!!!!

Default Re: Iphone 6s. Battery was at 40% and it just went dead

Hi, welcome to iMore.
    Open iTunes on your computer or Mac, connect your phone to it and see what happens.

Please join our forum to keep us updated.
    Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    Iphone 6s 64GB. Was using phone when the screen dimmed. No response from any button and then the screen went black. Tried the power button for 30 sec as well as the power/home combo. Nothing. Battery was at 40% before screen went dark. I have left it on the charger for over an hour with no change. Next appointment available at Apple store is Thursday...Please help!!!!
    If you have an inoperable iPhone, most genius bars will take you in on standby. You just might have to wait a bit but they will help.
    iMore Newbie

Have you tried using iTunes and taking a complete backup. Then resetting the device and then restoring your backup? That could solve the issues but it is likely to have a faulty battery. A Genius Bar would replace it for you.
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: iPhone 6s. Battery was at 40 and it just went dead. What do I do?

If you can get to the Apple Store when it first opens you can be seen usually pretty quick! Might have to wait an hour or so if its later in the day but regardless they can definitely see you today if youre willing to wait a bit!
    iMore Nanite

Try making the phone's battery completely out of juice and then charge untill it's 100%. This may restore the balance of the battery.
    iMore Newbie

Have you tried to hold down the power and home button together? This worked for me . My phone did the same thing
    metalchick719 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Hold until the apple pops up then release
    iMore Newbie

Nevermind . Lol didn't read the OP well
    iMore Newbie

can you reset to factory ? remember to back it up
    iMore Nanite

I have a similar issue. When my battery gets down around 40%, it then drops down immediately to 1%. I can recharge mine though.
    iMore Pro

I had this issue last week when in Hawaii. I was at 40% and taking tons of pictures. Whenever I would load the camera app up the phone would crash and I would have to do the home and power button combo to reset it. One time that didn't work. I went back to my car and plugged it in and it acted like there was no charge left in the phone. Gave it a few seconds and booted it back up and it was at 40%.

Hasn't done that again but I thought it was weird that you had a similar issue at 40% as well.