Slight water damage, what do I do??

I

iMore Question

slight water damage, what do i do??

i got a new iphone 6s about a week ago. Yesterday i was floating the river and my phone didnt fall in or anything, but it got slightly wet. I just wiped it off with a dry shirt and kept floating because i didnt think anything was wrong. Later that day, i noticed a small water stain on my screen and my phone started acting odd. My ringer and volume thing pops up and turns up/ down on its own and doesnt do things as smoothly anymore. Im afraid its going to stop working, what should i do???

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: slight water damage, what do i do??

Go to the nearest Apple Store and tell your story. If no Apple Store in your place, go to the reseller you bought the phone from.

They will give you information on the best course of action to take.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Go to a Hobby store, get some silica gel packets that can be used to dry flowers... Seal your phone and the packets in a ziplock bag for 24 hours... That will draw out any moisture... But chances are, if it got wet enough to act up as you describe, make use of AppleCare or carrier insurance if you have it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You were floating in water with your iPhone? You might want to invest in a waterproof case.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Go to the nearest Apple Store and tell your story. If no Apple Store in your place, go to the reseller you bought the phone from.

They will give you information on the best course of action to take.

Don't plug it in.

In addition to Tartarus's advice, put the phone in a Ziplock baggie full of uncooked rice. This is why you put a few grains of rice in a salt-shaker... it absorbs moisture. :yes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2