slight water damage, what do i do??
i got a new iphone 6s about a week ago. Yesterday i was floating the river and my phone didnt fall in or anything, but it got slightly wet. I just wiped it off with a dry shirt and kept floating because i didnt think anything was wrong. Later that day, i noticed a small water stain on my screen and my phone started acting odd. My ringer and volume thing pops up and turns up/ down on its own and doesnt do things as smoothly anymore. Im afraid its going to stop working, what should i do???
- 07-16-2016, 06:35 PM #2
- 07-16-2016, 06:35 PM #3iMore Genius
- 20,987 Posts
Re: slight water damage, what do i do??
Go to a Hobby store, get some silica gel packets that can be used to dry flowers... Seal your phone and the packets in a ziplock bag for 24 hours... That will draw out any moisture... But chances are, if it got wet enough to act up as you describe, make use of AppleCare or carrier insurance if you have it.
- 07-17-2016, 10:25 AM #4
- 07-19-2016, 11:10 PM #5iMore Specialist
- 1,391 Posts
- By bigdad84 in forum 12-inch MacBookReplies: 7Last Post: 11-30-2016, 10:19 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2016, 08:41 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-16-2016, 12:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-16-2016, 12:05 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2016, 09:54 AM