Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By robertk328
  • 1 Post By nikkisharif
  • 1 Post By scruffypig
  • 1 Post By robertk328
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default for iphone 6s repair with Applecare plus, should I take to Apple or Best Buy for the repair?

Bought iPhone 6s and Applecare in Sept. 2015 at Best Buy, now need repair because phone will not power on after fell into water. Also, SIM card will not come out.

Default Re: for iphone 6s repair with Applecare plus, should I take to Apple or Best Buy for the repair?

I would go for Apple in this case. Just make an appointment with the nearest store. I have a feeling you will be helped faster at the store. This could be either a repair or a replacement.

Default Re: for iphone 6s repair with Applecare plus, should I take to Apple or Best Buy for the repair?

Another vote for Apple. Your warranty (AppleCare) is with them and you'll get the best results.
    Tartarus and Sherry_B like this.

Another vote for Apple! Can't go wrong there.

Apple all the way. They very rarely send iPhones out for servicing, especially iPhones that have been dipped in water.

This makes 5 for Apple!!! Doesn't matter where you bought the device, they'll service it for you.
    Tartarus likes this.
    iMore Pro

That makes 6 now. Vote me in for Apple, too.
    Tartarus likes this.
    iMore Pro

Apple for sure!
    iMore Pro

No doubt about it. Apple
    iMore Intermediate

Apple
    iMore Beginner

Default Re: For the iPhone 6s repair with AppleCare plus, should I take to Apple or Best Buy for the repair?

I would agree with everyone else who suggested going to the Apple Store.

A few months ago I accidentally dropped my 6s at a McDonald's and cracked the screen. I went right to the Apple Store and got it fixed within 2 hours and without an appointment. Since I had Apple Care the cost was $129 instead of $169 without it.

Default Re: For the iPhone 6s repair with AppleCare plus, should I take to Apple or Best Buy for the repair?

Any updates? What did you decide???
    Tartarus likes this.