Restoring iPhone from backup taking a looooong time
Hello, I recently bought a new iPhone 6s. I am trying to restore my stuff from my old phone into the new one. So far, it's been about 16 hours and still nothing. It just says, "Restoring iPhone from backup... about 23 minutes remaining." It started at 5 minutes and progressively keeps getting longer and longer. I am on my computer internet is normal and fast. Not sure what to do now? Thank for any and all help! Oh, I used iTunes. If anyone has any suggestions or knows the solution, a step by step account would be extremely useful because now I am out of not only the new phone, but my old one isn't working now lol.
- Best AnswerJun 29 2016 | 11:33 am EDT
Just disconnect the iPhone, reboot it, let it boot to the home screen and see if the process has completed. If not, connect it to your computer and do another restore from a backup.
- 06-29-2016, 11:33 AM #2
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2016, 11:56 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-29-2016, 09:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2016, 09:09 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-29-2016, 09:01 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-29-2016, 08:58 AM