Why the camera freeze on my 6S (I had it with my 6, 6+, 6S+ as well) ?????

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So ALL my iPhones, my 6, 6 Plus, my 6S Plus and now my current 6S all give me the camera freeze when I'm taking still shots.
I hit the camera, it opens up right away but then its just frozen, the only way to fix it is to toggle between the video mode or the useless square mode and then toggle back to the regular still picture mode.
I've had no special camera apps on any of my iphones and actually have had very few apps at all on any of my iPhones.
Am I the only one that is getting this camera freeze, it happens about 50% of the time, very frustrating.
It always makes my chuckle too when I think of that Apple slogan "It just works"
On a related note (pun intended),, while I have experienced some camera freeze on my past Notes and Galaxy's it not near as often as it is on my iPhones.
While the constant camera freeze on ALL my iPhones past and present is not the end of the world I do find it odd that it seems to happen so much.
Opinions and feedback would be most welcome.
Cheers
Davyo

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That is really odd. When you buy a new device do you restore from a backup? Have you tried restoring and setting up as a new device? I'm not sure if you want to go through all of that but, if you do, test out the camera a bunch of times before installing any third party software to see if you still get the freezing.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
That is really odd. When you buy a new device do you restore from a backup? Have you tried restoring and setting up as a new device? I'm not sure if you want to go through all of that but, if you do, test out the camera a bunch of times before installing any third party software to see if you still get the freezing.

Nope, every iPhone I purchase I don't do a restore from a previous iPhone, I always set each iPhone up as a new device.
All my contacts live on gmail since I go back and forth so much between iPhones and Samsung's.
All my pictures and notes I back up to my laptop before switching phones.
I have bare bones minimal apps on my phones as well, be it an iPhone or a Samsung.
Either other people have the same freezing issue with their iPhone cameras or I'm just really unlucky when I buy iPhones,, the whole thing has me quite perplexed.
I don't recall having the freezing camera issue with any of my iPhones before the 6 series though.
Cheers
Davyo

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's definitely an odd one. Haven't had that issue, and if you're setting up as new I don't know what would be causing it to do it on all devices. How are you on device storage space? Plenty of free storage available?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
That's definitely an odd one. Haven't had that issue, and if you're setting up as new I don't know what would be causing it to do it on all devices. How are you on device storage space? Plenty of free storage available?

Plenty of storage on my current 6S 64gb and all my other 6 series iPhones were either 64gb or 128gb,, on average I only tend to keep about 15gb or 20gb at the most on my phones before I transfer most of my pictures and videos to my iPad Pro 13", my iPad Air 2 or my laptop, I like to keep my iPhone clutter free with lots of available memory if needed.
On a side note, I've never had a camera freeze with any of my iPads.
Cheers
Davyo

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2