Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

Default Got our iphone 6s.sssss a day early!

My wife and I got our iphones a day early. Coming from windows mobile, I can say......we were living in the dark ages with those. As in it was like owning and using a feature phone instead of a smart phone. Everything that's available on the iPhone works sooooo good. My 10 year old son who has autism is blown away with facetime. My wife and I face timed and he was like...."that's a cool phone". ha ha

Needless to say, We are more than pleased and both said, why did we wait so long.

Default Re: Got our iphone 6s.sssss a day early!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Adams View Post
    My wife and I got our iphones a day early. Coming from windows mobile, I can say......we were living in the dark ages with those. As in it was like owning and using a feature phone instead of a smart phone. Everything that's available on the iPhone works sooooo good. My 10 year old son who has autism is blown away with facetime. My wife and I face timed and he was like...."that's a cool phone". ha ha

Needless to say, We are more than pleased and both said, why did we wait so long.
    Congratulations on your new iPhone's. What colors did you get and which iPhones?...ENJOY
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

I bought the space grey 64gb and my wife got the rose gold 64gb. We could not put them down yesterday! ha ha.

Default Got our iphone 6s.sssss a day early!

So glad to hear you're enjoying your iPhones. I have a son with special needs and a younger brother wth autism. There are a ton of apps available geared toward individuals with autism. Here's a great resource:
    https://www.autismspeaks.org/autism-apps
    FaceTime is a pretty good service. My two year old can even use it to call "Daddy" (me) during the day while I'm at work. I only wish Apple would enable conference calling but FaceTime has been raked over by patent trolls so Apple has pretty much stopped working on it.
    Spencerdl and newsman787 like this.

I bought the space grey 64gb and my wife got the rose gold 64gb. We could not put them down yesterday! ha ha.
    Great to hear and for the record, I still can't put mine down...LOL

COngratulations, and we're glad the both of you are pleased with your purchases. Enjoy them, my friend...
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    5,107 Global Posts

Nice! That's kind of how I felt too originally. Thanks for sharing your impressions!
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

Yeah. I have not tried the camera out yet. but all the apps, attachements etc....I think I will deal quite nicely with the apple camera as well. Hey Libra, know anyone who wants 2 1020s and some extra accessories?

Its funny reading all the comments about windows, now that I opened my eyes. Microsoft has totally bailed on their consumer side of the business and now are only focusing on the enterprise side of things...therefore...I am bailing to Apple. Consumer products designed for the consumer.

I am keeping my surface as its a killer device, but I see a new MacBook and ipad pro in my future as well.
    libra89 and Spencerdl like this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    5,107 Global Posts

Yeah. I have not tried the camera out yet. but all the apps, attachements etc....I think I will deal quite nicely with the apple camera as well. Hey Libra, know anyone who wants 2 1020s and some extra accessories?

Its funny reading all the comments about windows, now that I opened my eyes. Microsoft has totally bailed on their consumer side of the business and now are only focusing on the enterprise side of things...therefore...I am bailing to Apple. Consumer products designed for the consumer.

I am keeping my surface as its a killer device, but I see a new MacBook and ipad pro in my future as well.
    Nope, I don't know anyone lol. The cameras aren't going to be on the level of the 1020 but they are nice though.

I agree, but I still use Microsoft services on my iPhone SE without any issues. I love how easy iOS makes it to do that. I don't know what email you used before but if you used Outlook, be sure to make a contact card for yourself so that Siri can assign a name to you. Makes things easier.

In general, making yourself a contact makes things a lot easier imo, regardless of if you use gmail, yahoo, or whatever you use.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,159 Global Posts

Yayyyy!!!!! Glad you are enjoying them!
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

Already got that done. I will have to get someone on WC to put them up for me, Since the mods over there are quite contrary...

Hey, congrats! Glad you finally got them ENJOY.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Congrats!!!
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,218 Global Posts

Glad you're having a great experience with your iPhones.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

I also have high functioning Asperger's syndrome. I am happy you love your iPhones!
    They're great devices.

Congrats on the new phone! Glad you are enjoying them!
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

WE cannot put them down. Ipad has made a huge difference in our sons life. We are now ordering 2 watches, 2 macbooks, 2 ipad pros (9.7") 1 pad mini, and a 27" imac. Might as well dive in full tilt!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

WE cannot put them down. Ipad has made a huge difference in our sons life. We are now ordering 2 watches, 2 macbooks, 2 ipad pros (9.7") 1 pad mini, and a 27" imac. Might as well dive in full tilt!
    I love the new macbook pros. Enjoy the Apple lifestyle!!

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimiya08 View Post
    I love the new macbook pros. Enjoy the Apple lifestyle!!
    No new MBP yet! Next few months But the new MacBook is quite nice... may pick one up for the Mrs who keeps eye-balling my 2015 MBP

That's definitely "full tilt"!
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

Might as well. Only going this way once. I love that I will have all space grey devices and my Wife will have all rose gold. that's cool! She had a hard time getting used to osx when I had my mini...and so did I to tell you the truth...but I will get used to it. can't wait to get garage band and pro tools for music creation...that's awesome...
    Spencerdl likes this.

WOW that's a lot of hardware. Congrats!
    emil234 likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    5,107 Global Posts

Might as well. Only going this way once. I love that I will have all space grey devices and my Wife will have all rose gold. that's cool! She had a hard time getting used to osx when I had my mini...and so did I to tell you the truth...but I will get used to it. can't wait to get garage band and pro tools for music creation...that's awesome...
    I think it's really cool that you and your wife are doing this, and also the color differences!
    Spencerdl likes this.
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

Yeah, We just did this last fall with windows surface 3s. She got a red combo and I got blue. So it's only right. ha ha.

Yeah, We just did this last fall with windows surface 3s. She got a red combo and I got blue. So it's only right. ha ha.
    Sorry to hear that!
    Spencerdl and TwitchyPuppy like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast