Answering Whatsapp calls

cacciucco

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Apologies if this is not the right place to post this but I am relatively new to posting on iMore, I have searched the forums at length but could not find an answer to this question:
- is there an easy way to answer a Whatsapp call on an iPhone when the screen is locked?
On iOS 9 you get a slider on the lock screen, if you slide right you get a unlock screen and it does not get any further if you do unlock, if you slide left there is no option to answer the call.
In short, it is impossible to take calls unless you (1) unlock the screen, (2) you find and launch the app and (3) accept the call.
By the time this has happened the caller has concluded that you are unavailable and kills the call.
Is this by design or am I experiencing an issue? Or is Apple preventing Whatsapp to work properly?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly how you answer calls on whatsapp, you have to open up the app to answer the call. Not sure why whatsapp doesn't make it possible to answer calls from the lock screen.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
You are not experiencing an issue: it's the way the app is designed.
I don't know if the limitation is set by iOS APIs or is just a bad design by WhatsApp developers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice