iPhone 6S or iPhone 7

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 7 is still a few months away.. If you don't mind waiting, get the iPhone 7. If you can't stand using your S6 Edge right now, then get the 6s/6s Plus

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Should I wait or upgrade in October. My Samsung S6 edge is a POS and going on phone 9 since April 10th 2015

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I had this same problem with the edge. I had to replace it multiple times. I said enough and got the 6s since I can upgrade whenever and have not been disappointed. I'm hesitant about the iPhone 7 because of this headphone rumor.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
No-one can advise you on the iPhone 7 until we hear about its design, specs, prices, etc presumably later this year. Having said that, I would tend to wait - the S6 is a very good phone and will see you fine through the summer. If you don't like the look of the iPhone 7, you can always buy the 6S anyway, and it will certainly get a discount when the 7 is launched.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am always a believer in getting the phone when you need it. If you are having major problems with your current phone, get the best phone on the market today.. The 6S or 6S+

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
6s and 7 series will be very similar. Every indication so far paints the 7 as a very minor incremental update to the 6s line.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
The answer is: no one can answer.
We do know nothing about the upcoming iPhone 7.
It will probably be better than the current iPhone 6S, but we don't know if it will be an incremental upgrade or a redesign.

About the iPhone 6S we know it is a very good product with very few (if any) shortcomings.
The real point of discussion is the price: an iPhone 6S today at the official price is a no go. But what about a very good deal ?

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Wow, NINE phones since April of last year?! :eek: I've heard terrible things about Samsung devices, but that's ridiculous! I say if you're absolutely desperate for a new phone now, go ahead and get the iPhone 6s instead of waiting for the 7. Personally, I love the 6s and it's my favorite iPhone to date (I've also had the iPhone 4 and 5s). I don't think you'll run into a problem of having to replace it, either. Good luck!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow, NINE phones since April of last year?! :eek: I've heard terrible things about Samsung devices, but that's ridiculous! I say if you're absolutely desperate for a new phone now, go ahead and get the iPhone 6s instead of waiting for the 7. Personally, I love the 6s and it's my favorite iPhone to date (I've also had the iPhone 4 and 5s). I don't think you'll run into a problem of having to replace it, either. Good luck!

I know, right? That's shocking!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ask yourself - does this really sound likely? Could a company have become as rich and successful as Samsung if it made phones so badly that they last on average about one and a half months before being placed under warranty?

Exactly. My guess is that there's something else to that. Nine phones in 16 months is definitely not the norm.

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
That's what I said 2 gyroscope issues 2 charging port issues 2 Crack screen by a key in a pocket 1 screen that wouldn't turn on unless on a charge and 1 would die completely at 75% on a brand new phone after replacing the 7th one so I'm on the 9th and so far so good

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
That's what I said 2 gyroscope issues 2 charging port issues 2 Crack screen by a key in a pocket 1 screen that wouldn't turn on unless on a charge and 1 would die completely at 75% on a brand new phone after replacing the 7th one so I'm on the 9th and so far so good

This is completely believable to me as someone who had to replace their S6edge 4 times. I don't know what they're doing lately, but I miss their old build quality. My S4 and S5 were both great phones.... That 6-line was nothing but trouble for a lot of people. I hope they've done better with the 7-line.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for "wait if you can, buy now if you can't" :) There's something to be said for having a device that works vs one that doesn't. You can always get the latest at the next update.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Or maybe a compromise - pick up a cheap phone now so you have something that works, and if you find it worth the money, buy the iPhone 7 when it appears. A friend of mine bought a Moto G last year to see him through to the launch of the 6S and he's still using it now. :)

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I was planning on waiting also but my carrier has a BOGO going on the 6s and they gave me $100 off the price of each phone so I jumped on it. I plan to have it paid off before the 7 comes out at this price.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2