16gb enough?

TekNiKal

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I would STRONGLY SUGGEST getting a 64 GB iPhone. There are not very many instances where 16 GB will be sufficient. I am not a power user, by any means. But my 64 GB of storage is half full. Do whatever you need to do to upgrade to a higher storage capacity.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Do whatever you need to do to upgrade to a higher storage capacity.

Well, extra storage is nice, but there are limits to what you should do to get it. Don't do *whatever* you need to, in all circumstances, without thinking carefully about the lives you might damage and being sure you can live with yourself afterwards.

drinkoldcoke

May 12, 2016
Visit site
16 is almost useless now, if you install even a few apps....no space left...go for 64 GB. I actually own the 64 GB model for transparency..

drinkoldcoke

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Do not get a 16gb. It is pathetic they even sell them. There is no way to set the video resolution so memory is used up quickly then they try to sell you iCloud.

What does "the video resolution" have to do with how much space an app or music takes, or even a video ?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Do not get a 16gb. It is pathetic they even sell them. There is no way to set the video resolution so memory is used up quickly then they try to sell you iCloud.

Settings/Photos and Camera/Record Video. You can change your video resolution there.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1465242841.600763.jpg

Last edited:

Howard Sylve

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm late, but in my personal opinion and experience always get more storage than you think you'll need if you can afford it. Apps are getting bigger and updates do too.

Steve Adams

Banned
May 26, 2016
Visit site
Congrats! Let us know what you think.

Will do. I was playing with the store demo for a bit yesterday. very interesting. I cannot lie, I will miss a lot of features in windows10mobile. BUUUUTTTTTTT, having the option of any app, accessory, wearable, case, etc.....More than makes up for it. Now I don't have to fire up my dreaded galaxy note to do work...ha ha. I will give a full report as soon as they get here.

Dan3

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
16gb can work. You have to do everyrhing in the cloud and not save to your phone. No music, no photos saved. Google photos works great. It also means someone has to occasionally clear unneeded things off.
If you use iCloud Photo Library data optimizing , save music to your phone, save even one video, you won't enjoy a 16 gb phone. Maybe if Apple releases the rumored 32 gb phone that they should never have dropped.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
16gb can work. You have to do everyrhing in the cloud and not save to your phone. No music, no photos saved. Google photos works great. It also means someone has to occasionally clear unneeded things off.
If you use iCloud Photo Library data optimizing , save music to your phone, save even one video, you won't enjoy a 16 gb phone. Maybe if Apple releases the rumored 32 gb phone that they should never have dropped.

all that cloud usage = more data usage, which may be an issue on the OP's employee plan as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox