Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 149
Like Tree107Likes
  1. #51  
    Ariel Babalao's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    806 Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    I think personally that 16gb is useless nowadays for young iPhone users, apps requiring much more spaces than ever, photos, videos standard sizes are getting bigger and bigger, the 16gb is not a manageable size specially when taken into consideration than the buyer of 16gb iPhone will actually have about 11gb of free space out of the box. That said, some people who need a phone that works for the most basic things like SMS, phone calls, and maybe find my friends and calendar may do just fine with 16gb, those people could be, old parents, business people who do not have time to play with iPhone and store everything on their iPad or computer etc...
    At the other hand, I see the presence of 16gb in the market as a marketing strategy by Apple, because the presence of 16gb on the market give a solid value to the 64gb, while the 16gb is the entrance flavor when it comes to iPhone storage. If Apple remove 16gb from the market, the value of the 64gb will drop as it will become the entrance flavor in terms of storage. I mean, when you know 16gb is around and is not enough, you will easily agree to pay more for 64gb, but if 16gb is not available as an option, you will complain why 64gb is that expensive? You only know the value of something when you can compare it to something worse than it.
    I too hope that Apple finally set either 32gb or 64gb as entrance storage and let die the 16gb. Like @jayzero76 said, we are in 2016, soon 2017. This entire 16gb could have made sense to me if there was an easy way provided by Apple to expand the physical storage like inserting a flash storage, or swapping changing the internal storage drive into a bigger one if needed. But that's not the case, so yes 16gb is not a storage to have on a smartphone these days.
  2. #52  

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by jayzero76 View Post
    16GB? We are in 2016 and not in 2012 anymore. I bought my little one a iPod touch and oh boy 16GB should not be sold anymore. I can handle that stress anymore always deleting games or pictures. Nobody should sell a 16 GB phone. Well there is one guy and he thinks his mom has enough with 16 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel Babalao View Post
    I think personally that 16gb is useless nowadays for young iPhone users, apps requiring much more spaces than ever, photos, videos standard sizes are getting bigger and bigger, the 16gb is not a manageable size specially when taken into consideration than the buyer of 16gb iPhone will actually have about 11gb of free space out of the box. That said, some people who need a phone that works for the most basic things like SMS, phone calls, and maybe find my friends and calendar may do just fine with 16gb, those people could be, old parents, business people who do not have time to play with iPhone and store everything on their iPad or computer etc...
    At the other hand, I see the presence of 16gb in the market as a marketing strategy by Apple, because the presence of 16gb on the market give a solid value to the 64gb, while the 16gb is the entrance flavor when it comes to iPhone storage. If Apple remove 16gb from the market, the value of the 64gb will drop as it will become the entrance flavor in terms of storage. I mean, when you know 16gb is around and is not enough, you will easily agree to pay more for 64gb, but if 16gb is not available as an option, you will complain why 64gb is that expensive? You only know the value of something when you can compare it to something worse than it.
    I too hope that Apple finally set either 32gb or 64gb as entrance storage and let die the 16gb. Like @jayzero76 said, we are in 2016, soon 2017. This entire 16gb could have made sense to me if there was an easy way provided by Apple to expand the physical storage like inserting a flash storage, or swapping changing the internal storage drive into a bigger one if needed. But that's not the case, so yes 16gb is not a storage to have on a smartphone these days.
    Both of my boys have 16 GB iPads. I didn't purchase them that way; they were handed down. We make it work but it's tough. They have no videos or music on their devices which helps. There are definitely sacrifices made to ensure that enough storage space is left for the iPads to operate. Not recommended but certainly doable if it's the only option.
  3. #53  

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by libra89 View Post
    It's fine, I have the apps that I need and use on a regular basis. I occasionally try apps but eh, I'm good.

    Unless you mean when it comes to customization, maybe I haven't.
    I couldn't imagine one would be talking customization because there really is no contest in that arena. IOS is one of the least customizable. Which isn't always a bad thing. It's been my main OS for the past few years.
    libra89 likes this.
  4. #54  
    Honey Beagle's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,567 Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by jayzero76 View Post
    16GB? We are in 2016 and not in 2012 anymore. I bought my little one a iPod touch and oh boy 16GB should not be sold anymore. I can handle that stress anymore always deleting games or pictures. Nobody should sell a 16 GB phone. Well there is one guy and he thinks his mom has enough with 16 GB
    True. That is like purchasing a computer that has a 30gb hard drive.
  5. #55  
    Deihmos1's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Adams View Post
    We get a deal with my wifes employer where we get 16gb iPhone 6s for nothing up front on new contracts. I am a fairly heavy user...she, not so much...Can we get away with using 16gb phones? or should I pony up and get the 64s for 130 each?
    Do not get a 16gb. It is pathetic they even sell them. There is no way to set the video resolution so memory is used up quickly then they try to sell you iCloud.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
  6. #56  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,151 Posts

    Default 16gb enough?

    Well 16 is useable but it's very time consuming to manage so little storage.
  7. #57  
    anony_mouse's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Thanks to Apple's appalling iTunes software, I gave up copying photos, music, films, etc to my iPad, so 16GB is fine. If you're buying a phone or tablet with a different OS, though, you should consider more.
  8. #58  
    rjholmes123's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    33 Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    NO!!!!!!!!!!
    Spencerdl likes this.
  9. #59  

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Although it appears the OP has made his decision, it looks like the general consensus is that 16 GB is a "Only if you have no other options since there are ways to make it work" option. But lets be honest....when you have an iPhone, who wants to "make it work"? You'll get the best experience when you don't have to worry about things such as storage.
    drinkoldcoke and Spencerdl like this.
  10. #60  
    anony_mouse's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    Although it appears the OP has made his decision, it looks like the general consensus is that 16 GB is a "Only if you have no other options since there are ways to make it work" option. But lets be honest....when you have an iPhone, who wants to "make it work"? You'll get the best experience when you don't have to worry about things such as storage.
    This is why it's so bad that Apple still make 8GB iOS devices. 16GB will be enough for many, and most could probably make it work. But 8GB (meaning <3GB free for the user) is just going to lead to disappointment and resentment, for what is still not a cheap device.
  11. #61  
    nathan_gura's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    I still got 5.2 GBs free on mine, 16 GB is fine.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #62  
    Steve Adams's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Well, I bought 2 64gb 6s....will be here Thursday!
  13. #63  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,151 Posts

    Default 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Adams View Post
    Well, I bought 2 64gb 6s....will be here Thursday!
    GRATS!!!
  14. #64  
    Damien_Eternal's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Very nice. I'm glad I decided on the 64gb version as well.
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
  15. #65  
    TekNiKal's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    I would STRONGLY SUGGEST getting a 64 GB iPhone. There are not very many instances where 16 GB will be sufficient. I am not a power user, by any means. But my 64 GB of storage is half full. Do whatever you need to do to upgrade to a higher storage capacity.
  16. #66  
    anony_mouse's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by TekNiKal View Post
    Do whatever you need to do to upgrade to a higher storage capacity.
    Well, extra storage is nice, but there are limits to what you should do to get it. Don't do *whatever* you need to, in all circumstances, without thinking carefully about the lives you might damage and being sure you can live with yourself afterwards.
  17. #67  
    drinkoldcoke's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    16 is almost useless now, if you install even a few apps....no space left...go for 64 GB. I actually own the 64 GB model for transparency..
  18. #68  
    drinkoldcoke's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deihmos1 View Post
    Do not get a 16gb. It is pathetic they even sell them. There is no way to set the video resolution so memory is used up quickly then they try to sell you iCloud.
    What does "the video resolution" have to do with how much space an app or music takes, or even a video ?
  19. #69  

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by drinkoldcoke View Post
    What does "the video resolution" have to do with how much space an app or music takes, or even a video ?
    A video recorded in 4K resolution is going to take more space than one shot at a lower resolution. I think that's what he was trying to say.
  20. #70  
    scruffypig's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    607 Posts

    Default 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deihmos1 View Post
    Do not get a 16gb. It is pathetic they even sell them. There is no way to set the video resolution so memory is used up quickly then they try to sell you iCloud.
    Settings/Photos and Camera/Record Video. You can change your video resolution there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1465242841.600763.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	107846
    Last edited by scruffypig; 06-06-2016 at 03:54 PM.
  21. #71  

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Go 64 nothing worse than not having enough
  22. #72  
    Howard Sylve's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    I'm late, but in my personal opinion and experience always get more storage than you think you'll need if you can afford it. Apps are getting bigger and updates do too.
  23. #73  
    libra89's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,026 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Adams View Post
    Well, I bought 2 64gb 6s....will be here Thursday!
    Congrats! Let us know what you think.
  24. #74  
    Honey Beagle's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,567 Posts

    Default 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    Well 16 is useable but it's very time consuming to manage so little storage.
    Plus one would have to delete things from the phone that is wanted to keep.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #75  
    Steve Adams's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

    Default Re: 16gb enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by libra89 View Post
    Congrats! Let us know what you think.
    Will do. I was playing with the store demo for a bit yesterday. very interesting. I cannot lie, I will miss a lot of features in windows10mobile. BUUUUTTTTTTT, having the option of any app, accessory, wearable, case, etc.....More than makes up for it. Now I don't have to fire up my dreaded galaxy note to do work...ha ha. I will give a full report as soon as they get here.
    libra89 likes this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Which one should I buy? An Iphone 6s 64gb or a 6s plus 16gb?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2016, 11:36 AM
  2. 16gb iPhone 6S or 64gb iPhone SE?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2016, 11:40 PM
  3. AT&T iPhone 5s (16gb - Black)
    By TLD1 in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-19-2016, 10:30 AM
  4. Do you think a 4 inch display is enough?
    By bwe200 in forum iPhone SE
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2016, 11:22 PM
  5. iPhone 5 16GB Sell Price?
    By Jezza23 in forum iPhone 5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2016, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions