Pictures of RhinoShield SolidSuit for iPhone 6/6s/6+/6s+

Shyuan

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

Some of you may know the company EvolutivesLabs already (where they first started Kickstarter project for their RhinoShield impact protection screen protector).

I was one of the SolidSuit backers on Kickstarter, which is their latest project that was very successfully funded last month. Just received my SolidSuit cases this morning, and here are some of the pictures I've taken. Unfortunately, because my iPhone 6s is currently applied with dBrand skins, I will not be able to put these case on due to the very snug/tight fit cases. Furthermore, the case is not the normal type of TPU soft case where you can bend it a lot. SolidSuit is quite a hard material, maybe blend between TPU and a hard case.

I would say the faux leather texture gives the best grip even though the look of it is not like too outstanding/special (but it's personal opinion - maybe the look of leather is already becoming common to me since I use leather case on my iPad). Honeycomb (semi transparent) and Carbon Fibre look really great, but due to their matte finishing, they are quite slippery to hold especially the Carbon Fibre (just like the iPhone 6s body itself) unless you have a sweaty palm, which might help with some grips. ;)

Enjoy the pictures! I have a dark blue leather SolidSuit on its way coming, will add the pictures of it to this thread when I receive it.

Photo 26-05-2016, 10 19 42 am.jpg
Photo 26-05-2016, 10 22 32 am.jpg
Photo 26-05-2016, 10 52 14 am.jpg
Photo 26-05-2016, 10 53 14 am.jpg
File 27-05-2016, 11 43 29 am.jpeg
Photo 26-05-2016, 10 54 38 am.jpg
Photo 26-05-2016, 10 54 47 am.jpg
Photo 26-05-2016, 10 55 02 am.jpg

Last edited:

Brian Lim

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I've been looking forward to an impression of the solidsuit!

I've been going without a case for my iphone 6s plus for almost half a year, but as I get more comfortable with my phone I know I'm getting more careless with it. In fact I almost jumped the gun on the playproof, but I've heard so much about the slipperiness of the case.

Have you used a playproof case before, and if so, how does the faux leather solidsuit compare to it especially in terms of slipperiness? And how would you describe the grip of the solidsuit to someone who has never used a case before for his iphone?

Thanks for the impression!

Shyuan

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Faux leather looks nice, I would go for that if I was in the market for these kinds of cases.

This particular faux leather case indeed looks nice and has the very right amount of grip, I am very impressed by the quality of it. Since it's my sister's, I ordered myself one blue leather SolidSuit. :p As mentioned earlier, Carbon fibre and Honeycomb look really cool, but they are quite slippery and I've already seen some backers complaining about the slipperiness which I personally wouldn't mind too much.

Shyuan

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking forward to an impression of the solidsuit!

I've been going without a case for my iphone 6s plus for almost half a year, but as I get more comfortable with my phone I know I'm getting more careless with it. In fact I almost jumped the gun on the playproof, but I've heard so much about the slipperiness of the case.

Have you used a playproof case before, and if so, how does the faux leather solidsuit compare to it especially in terms of slipperiness? And how would you describe the grip of the solidsuit to someone who has never used a case before for his iphone?

Thanks for the impression!

You're welcome. :)

I do not have a playproof case now, but I have one on its way. The PlayProof case I ordered was the one with slight texture on it, so I was hoping it to be less slippery than the default PlayProof (I've also seen many people complaining about its slipperiness, in my opinion I think it's just like the Carbon fibre and Honeycomb SolidSuit that I have now).

As for the grip of the faux leather SolidSuit, you don't even have to compare with PlayProof/Carbon fibre/Honeycomb SolidSuit, because this faux leather SolidSuit is so much gripper than those. You can't go wrong with that. PlayProof/Carbon fibre/Honeycomb SolidSuit's slipperiness is very comparable with the original body of iPhone 6/6s/6+6s+.

Brian Lim

May 27, 2016
Visit site
You're welcome. :)

I do not have a playproof case now, but I have one on its way. The PlayProof case I ordered was the one with slight texture on it, so I was hoping it to be less slippery than the default PlayProof (I've also seen many people complaining about its slipperiness, in my opinion I think it's just like the Carbon fibre and Honeycomb SolidSuit that I have now).

As for the grip of the faux leather SolidSuit, you don't even have to compare with PlayProof/Carbon fibre/Honeycomb SolidSuit, because this faux leather SolidSuit is so much gripper than those. You can't go wrong with that. PlayProof/Carbon fibre/Honeycomb SolidSuit's slipperiness is very comparable with the original body of iPhone 6/6s/6+6s+.

Great to hear! Thanks for replying, I may just get the faux leather!

czar9125

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, for those who are already using the case, do the rubber lips appear to be ripped from the leather portion when attempting to put on the case? The case is so tight fitting, it seems like the rubber portion is getting ripped apart each time i try to put my phone in and press down on the rubber lips.

Shyuan

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes, all four Honeycomb cases (for myself and siblings) rubber lips ripped from the other material portion. When I reported and make a claim, they told me to take a video and show them. I did and I sent them the video, I was indirectly being accused (at least that was what I felt even if they don't mean it) saying it was me that I purposely pressed against it and caused the separations. But in the end I managed to claim three replacement instead of four. After all I don't want to make them go bankrupt even though this is their quality issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711