WiFi to cellular hand off with 6s on T-Mobile ????????

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been with T-Mobile for a long time, with my Android phones, Note 5 and other Samsung's the option in the Android menus was very clear, you could have WiFi and cellular turned on and WiFi and cellular would switch automatically between which signal was better with no interruption while in the middle of a call.
With my 6s it's not so clear in the menu and I can't find the answer anywhere I've looked.
So if I'm on a WiFi call and I leave my house during my WiFi call will my 6s automatically switch over to cellular without dropping my WiFi call because I have left my house and WiFi signal ????
On my Android menus it was very well explained that there would be a seemless handover between WiFi and cellular,,,,,, with Apple and my 6s running the latest iOS it seems to be a mystery.
Am I supposed to switch off WiFi calling on my 6s when I leave my house ?
Thanks my much in advance for the explanation of how this works with my 6s on T-Mobile, I've looked at Apple support and have done Google searches but can't find a clear answer, Im perplexed Apple can't provide an answer to such a simple question.
Cheers
Davyo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been with T-Mobile for a long time, with my Android phones, Note 5 and other Samsung's the option in the Android menus was very clear, you could have WiFi and cellular turned on and WiFi and cellular would switch automatically between which signal was better with no interruption while in the middle of a call.
With my 6s it's not so clear in the menu and I can't find the answer anywhere I've looked.
So if I'm on a WiFi call and I leave my house during my WiFi call will my 6s automatically switch over to cellular without dropping my WiFi call because I have left my house and WiFi signal ????
Yes. It should work in the same manner it does with your Android devices.
On my Android menus it was very well explained that there would be a seemless handover between WiFi and cellular,,,,,, with Apple and my 6s running the latest iOS it seems to be a mystery.
Am I supposed to switch off WiFi calling on my 6s when I leave my house ?
No
Thanks my much in advance for the explanation of how this works with my 6s on T-Mobile, I've looked at Apple support and have done Google searches but can't find a clear answer, Im perplexed Apple can't provide an answer to such a simple question.
Cheers
Davyo
You're very welcome.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox