iPhone 6s accessories EVERYONE needs to own

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Excellent thread. I really got some good ideas so far and I would like to add that although I have several  Leather and Silicone cases, I also think having a "heavy" duty protective case is a must. Something along the lines of a Otterbox Defender, LifeProof Fre or Nudd, Spigen Tough Armor just to name a couple for those times when you're out and about in "rough terrain". I gives me a sense of security knowing that my iPhone could withstand a little more.

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
what comes in the box? like seriously I'm at a lost for words. You don't really "need" any of these accessories because they are just that. These things will be tuned to whoever they are marketed towards. I'm not going to recommend buying expensive headphones to someone who may or may not listen to a lot of music...seems pretty pointless right? same thing with recommending a case to people who like to use skins or just straight up nude with their phones.

Things I think are nice additions are the following.

1. A dock. A frivolous item sure, your only going to use it when your at home at most likely your desk or office area. I guess it's good for taking with you on trips as it's good to have on your nightstand, but finding uses for it is limited...lets just be real. Your buying a dock cuz you want your phone to look cool.

2. Protection. It could come in the form of a tempered glass screen protector, a skin, or a full on multi-part case. I think apple charges too much for any of their cases but the quality is there for those who care. I think a tempered glass screen protector is a must if your using those thin cases, if you go for an otterbox, your already good.

3. Battery management. Cables, chargers, battery cases and wireless charging and power banks are all thoughts people think of when it comes to this. I personally Think power banks are the better option since you can use that bank to charge more than just your phone, great for ipad users. You should opt out to get a better cord/cable tho. I'm sorry but apple's stock lightning cables suck...

4. Miscellaneous. Headphones, bluetooth speakers, controllers, etc. Do you need something better than those stock ear pods? Well I would suggest researching headphones in your budget that meet your needs. There are better and more affordable headphones than Beats. I personally use Sol Republic's Track HD headphones. Near Indestructible bands, and everything is modular and swap-able. so in the event a driver goes out or my cord gets damaged, I can order new ones without having to buy a new set of headphones.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I personally use Sol Republic's Track HD headphones. Near Indestructible bands, and everything is modular and swap-able. so in the event a driver goes out or my cord gets damaged, I can order new ones without having to buy a new set of headphones.

I'll second this. I own them and they are great headphones.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
what comes in the box? like seriously I'm at a lost for words. You don't really "need" any of these accessories because they are just that. These things will be tuned to whoever they are marketed towards. I'm not going to recommend buying expensive headphones to someone who may or may not listen to a lot of music...seems pretty pointless right? same thing with recommending a case to people who like to use skins or just straight up nude with their phones.

I think we all know that nobody NEEDS accessories, especially really expensive ones. OP was simply opening a discussion of users' favorite accessories. Price is irrelevant.

That being said, you had some good suggestions.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Bose SoundLink Mini II BT speaker, Apple Leather cases, & Sonix cases.

Edit: Can't forget my Moshi 10ft Lightening Cable. I think everyone needs a long sturdy cable. I've had this one for a few years now with no issues.

Nikki, do you use your phone while it's charging when using the Moshi cable?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been curious about this case. I really like the looks of a clear case, but so many of them tend to yellow. Have you noticed this with the tech21 case?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been curious about this case. I really like the looks of a clear case, but so many of them tend to yellow. Have you noticed this with the tech21 case?

My clear/white one turned a faint shade of blue from my jeans (2x week wear). Gave it to my step daughter and there's no chance you would know it was clear. Practically brown.

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I think we all know that nobody NEEDS accessories, especially really expensive ones. OP was simply opening a discussion of users' favorite accessories. Price is irrelevant.

That being said, you had some good suggestions.
That's not necessarily true and it's dishonest to say so. People more often than not, are led to believe that a more expensive product is a higher quality one. Which isn't true for the most part. Price is relevant from my perspective, which is why I mentioned that users should research any product before buying. <- Seems like common sense but you'd be amazed by the number of people who just don't bother.

On another note, I appreciate that you liked some of my suggestions.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That's not necessarily true and it's dishonest to say so. People more often than not, are led to believe that a more expensive product is a higher quality one. Which isn't true for the most part. Price is relevant from my perspective, which is why I mentioned that users should research any product before buying. <- Seems like common sense but you'd be amazed by the number of people who just don't bother.

On another note, I appreciate that you liked some of my suggestions.

I said nothing dishonest in my post. Perhaps you should go back and read it again. We are a polite, respectful community that is always open to hear someone's opinions even when they don't match our own. I really don't appreciate being called dishonest just because my opinion is different than yours.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
A few years is a long time for a cable. Mine are lucky to go 6 months. But I use them lot while charging.

Well I have never thought of cables getting old and wearing out! It's a good thing I just ordered another one from Amazon (thanks to recommendations on this thread!)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

The Tech 21 Impact Clear case? I bought it 3 months ago. It hasn't yellowed any that I have noticed.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I have never thought of cables getting old and wearing out! It's a good thing I just ordered another one from Amazon (thanks to recommendations on this thread!)

Led is a lightning cable assassin. I think I've ruined one iPhone cable in six years, and my kids use them too!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It seems that the cables we leave in both of our vehicles wear out the fastest. Maybe due to extreme temps in both winter and summer, plus UV rays... I've seen these Tudia Klip protectors on thegrommet.com that were designed specifically for Apple Lightning cables. They aren't expensive and I may give them a whirl!

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Excellent thread. I really got some good ideas so far and I would like to add that although I have several  Leather and Silicone cases, I also think having a "heavy" duty protective case is a must. Something along the lines of a Otterbox Defender, LifeProof Fre or Nudd, Spigen Tough Armor just to name a couple for those times when you're out and about in "rough terrain". I gives me a sense of security knowing that my iPhone could withstand a little more.

I agree here. I main the Apple Silicone (white) and the Apple Leather (saddle brown) cases most of the time. But, in the summer I go to the beach quite frequently and am also very active outdoors with biking and hiking. I'm very happy to have my Lifeproof Fre for these times. It has saved me on more than one occasion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods