iPhone 6s got hit/punched, could there be any internal damage or something?

I

iMore Question

My iPhone 6s was in my pocket. And the back side of it was facing up/out (the camera side was facing outward) I was messing around with a friend and he punched my leg and he ended up completely missing my leg and hit my phone in my pocket really hard. I have a clear candy she'll speck case on it but I'm really worried it could've caused some damage. There is no physical damage and it works fine but I just need some ease of mind cause I'm super worried.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
iPhone has very few components which are at risk from physical trauma. Basically the screen and back panel (and exposed moving parts - 4 switches). It is extremely unlikely that impact could damage the battery and internal electronic components without leaving visible damage at the surface. The other point is that damage to the internals will be obvious immediately, the electronics either survives or it just stops working. The only likely "delayed" broken would be an impact while the charger is connected and the connection gets damaged, so the battery discharges over the next day or so and can't be charged again.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! If it looks just fine, and it works just fine, then it's most likely just fine :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner