From 6s plus to 6s

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Had a 6 plus and 6s plus on and off for a year and a half. Recently changed my 16gb 6s plus for a 64 gb 6s. Trying to get used to the smaller screen size and battery. But, it is a lot easier to use and lighter which is a plus. Anyone else in the same boat?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had both the 6 and 6plus last year and switched between the two. I just knew when the weather warmed up and I no longer needed a jacket, I would get annoyed with the size of the plus ... and sure enough, I sold the plus in the summer bc it didn't fit into any of my pockets and I got tired of carrying it around. When the 6s/plus came out, I only got the 6s and haven't looked back. Don't miss the plus size at all.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I like them both but just activated a 6S Plus since I no longer have an iPad and I'm selling the 6S! Though not as single handed friendly as the 6S, I can message with one hand just fine being a reformed occasional Android user.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I had my 6 for over a year and would switch between it and the Note 5.

I recently bought a SE on launch day and although I love it, I felt a little cramped for typing and looking at forums. I have since switched to a 6s Plus and like the typing and bigger screen for reading since that's mostly what I do.

I'm not sure at this point if the 6s Plus will keep me from my SE but only time will tell.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Had the s+ tried the regular 6s for a couple of weeks. That s+ screen and battery has me won over. No matter how many times I try the smaller one. Once you get used of the screen It's hard to downsize.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Had the s+ tried the regular 6s for a couple of weeks. That s+ screen and battery has me won over. No matter how many times I try the smaller one. Once you get used of the screen It's hard to downsize.

I'm barely on my 4th day with the 6s+, so I know the battery hasn't settled in yet.

As of today, the SE has gotten better battery life. I know once the 6s+ battery settles in, it'll be better. The screen on the + is amazing for reading, looking at pics and typing. It is however hard to handle one handed and a little too big for my pockets.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised that the se is getting better battery than the s+ im sure it will settle in. You should get 7-9 hrs of actual usage easy. As for pockets obviously the 6s fit better but the s+ works also. And it's the true HD screen that keeps me coming back. 326ppi is a bit dated. Both are great but I prefer the better specs

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes. The bigger screen is a blessing.

I run my business from my mobile phone(s), so it's nice to be able to type up invoices, text message and emails without errors on the bigger keyboard.

With the 6s+, I'm able to leave the iPad at home and just carry (one biga$$) device and basically kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

All I keep telling myself is, "dat screen tho"!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I had both and prefer the 6s.

Easier to use with one hand and to carry around. Plus, I already have an iPad so using my 6s Plus is not really justified.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have used both the 6 and 6s plus and currently have a 6s 64 and at 60 I find the larger device is harder to grip and control with one hand compared to my 6s

I have always felt the perfect iPhone for forum factor was the iPhone 5 series, it fit into the palm of my hand and was the ideal size for a daily driver device. And now they have reintroduced it as the 5E.

I know the bigger devices have become more popular, but for me I find the iPhone 6 and 6s the perfect size for my daily driver. Just my two cents worth.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I had the 6s+ and now the 6s. Way happier with the 6s than the plus. It's so much easier to handle and use. Was the screen size nice, of course. The battery is a nonissue, I don't live "off the grid" I'm never far from a charger. For my needs the 6s is perfect. I'm even thinking about the SE, but I had a hard time with the keyboard on the 5 series.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I went from a note3 to the 6plus and then to the 6s. The note was lighter than them all. The 6plus was so heavy if I held it for too long my wrist would hurt. I went with the 6s for portability and weight. Miss that plus battery though.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I had the "6" last year, and swore I'd never have the 6+ because of the extra heft and size. I wear dress slacks at my workplace 6-days a week, and most guys that carry the larger iPhone look like they have an iPad Mini in their pockets walking around all day...not for me. However, when the 6s/6s+ models dropped, I thought I'd give the Plus model a chance just because I was curious about the added screen size. Within three days of getting the 6s+, and the discomfort of carrying it in my pocket (I knew it...) and the lack of comfortable one-handed use (smallish hands)...and the aggravation of not being able to lock the landscape mode drove me to exchange it for the smaller 6s model.

For me, the 6s is a great size for everyday use. Yeah, I do miss the extra screen size...but it's an easy trade off for me to gain the portability and ease of one-handed use that I need.

But...if Apple can find a way to lose the 1" bezels above and below the screen (a la Samsung) while keeping the screen size of the Plus intact for the "7+" model...I may be one to run back to the larger phone again. Just the lack of device size will help a great deal, and might get me over the hump.

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't wait to sell my 6 and order a 6S Plus at launch. At first I had a little trouble with the heft of the phone, but I liked the larger screen and better battery life. Several months in, I suddenly decided I just couldn't fully adjust, so I picked up a used 6S. After a month or so, switching back and forth, I finally sold my Plus this morning. I found the 6S to be so much easier to handle, that I had to forgo the lovely big screen of the plus.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Just switched from 6s+ back to 6s due to both aesthetic and problems with arthritis using the 6s+ with one hand.

Finding it much easier now. Very happy bunny here. :D

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered a 6s to replace my 6 plus as I find the more I use it the more it hurts my hand. It's almost impossible to use when moving, walking etc. Too much worry about dropping it and my fingers hurt from stretching across the screen! I've had the plus since it launched, but whenever I pick up my partners 6 it feels so much nicer and easier to use. I really hope they don't introduce more exclusive features to the 7 plus as I will end up going back to that as I'm a sucker for new features and a gadget!

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Bought a 6s a month ago and really wanted the 6 plus for screen size and better specs however I knew I would have a issue with carrying it around and hate belt cases .I find the 6s a Perfect size and still fits pockets well .

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised that the se is getting better battery than the s+ im sure it will settle in. You should get 7-9 hrs of actual usage easy. As for pockets obviously the 6s fit better but the s+ works also. And it's the true HD screen that keeps me coming back. 326ppi is a bit dated. Both are great but I prefer the better specs

So you went back to the plus? Lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods