My 6S looses call quality and then call drops,, this NEVER happened with my Samsung's ???

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not trying to start a iOS vs Android battle here so chill fanboys.

All my Galaxy phones including the S7 Edge and all my Notes including my Note 5, never any problems with call quality.

My iPhones 6, 6 Plus, 6s Plus and now my 6s ALL having call issues.

I'll drop calls, won't get calls and when I am on an iPhone for more than 10 or 15 minutes the person on the other end starts saying they can't hear me,,, I'll pop in and out when I can be heard and not heard and then within minutes my iPhone will just drop the call.

I have full dots/bars at home and even have a cellular repeater in my house that T-Mobile gave me to help the issue, but this happens to me anywhere, not just at home.

I've power cycled my iPhones on and off, been to my T-Mobile store for answers and the only advice they had was to disable WiFi calling.

I'm trying really hard to keep my "it just works" phone that does not work !!!!

I like having my iPhone's synced up with my iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro (my iPads work flawlessly) but my iPhones 6, 6+, 6s+ and now 6s all have the same call issue's.

It's becoming quite frustrating so before I dump my iPhone 6s and go back to a Samsung Galaxy or Note I'm looking for some advice on a fix.

Any iPhone fix suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Davyo

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
since iPhones surely aren't any worse than Samsung's phones, and you experienced the issue on multiple devices (so not just a lemon) it clearly is related to your carrier and maybe your SIM.
Are you using a carrier's iPhone or an unlocked one ?
Did you try to have the SIM replaced ?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
since iPhones surely aren't any worse than Samsung's phones, and you experienced the issue on multiple devices (so not just a lemon) it clearly is related to your carrier and maybe your SIM.
Are you using a carrier's iPhone or an unlocked one ?
Did you try to have the SIM replaced ?

Yep, tried swapping out the SIM cards, the whole thing has me very confused, perhaps my body gives off some magnetic charge that only affects iPhones.

But actually, swapping out for another SIM card again is not a bad idea as there is a chance I did not swap our the SIM cards with every single iPhone I got.

I shall stop by my local T-Mobile store today and get "another" SIM card.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers
Davyo

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Yep, tried swapping out the SIM cards, the whole thing has me very confused, perhaps my body gives off some magnetic charge that only affects iPhones.

But actually, swapping out for another SIM card again is not a bad idea as there is a chance I did not swap our the SIM cards with every single iPhone I got.

I shall stop by my local T-Mobile store today and get "another" SIM card.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers
Davyo
let us know if that "fixes" the issue

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Are the iPhones on 9.3? I have a coworker with TMO and iPhones and he noticed a bit of an improvement in signal quality going from 9.2.1 to 9.3 and updated carrier settings.
Ive seen lots of other complaints of signal quality with iPhones 6 and up on the TMO network on other forums. I really hope TMO and Apple can get it resolved.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not buying it. I have an iPhone 6s on T-Mobile and have zero problems. In fact, this phone gets a better signal than any other phone I've ever had, and I get service in places I didn't get any at all with other phones.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No need for you to buy it. Also what iOS version are you on?
I think it deals with a small percentage of devices just like over on the galaxy s7 forum a lot of Verizon people are having issues with call drops. Its possible for a specific set of phones to have minor issues with a carrier. So you happen to have a phone in excellent coverage area. It doesnt affect you. But that doesnt mean the issue isnt there.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am currently on T Mobile USA and have zero issues with dropped calls on my iPhone 6s or my older 6.

Allot of the dropped call issues I think are related to how high the cell network traffic is and the time of day. So far my 6s has been a great device and the call quality is excellent.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
As the OP of this thread,, I finally made it to my local T-Mobile store today and got a new SIM card,,, results,,,, no difference.

I've gone thru ALL my settings and had the people at T-Mo also check my 6s when I swapped out for the new SIM card.

If I was to use a recent comparison I would guess I might have had 2 or 3 dropped calls a month with my Note 5,,, with my 6s I'm getting probably about 40% of my calls dropped on a daily basis.

I've been with T-Mobile here in Vegas for about 5 years and have always had great service so I really don't think it's a carrier issue.

As a pro working musician I really need to own an iPhone because my iPhone and iPads do so many things related to live music,,, if I wasn't a musician I would just call it a day and just switch back to a Galaxy or Note.

Ohh well,,, I guess I'll just have to live with the "it just works" phone for now and decide what to do when the Note 6 and iPhone 7 come out.

Cheers
Davyo

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As the OP of this thread,, I finally made it to my local T-Mobile store today and got a new SIM card,,, results,,,, no difference.

I've gone thru ALL my settings and had the people at T-Mo also check my 6s when I swapped out for the new SIM card.

If I was to use a recent comparison I would guess I might have had 2 or 3 dropped calls a month with my Note 5,,, with my 6s I'm getting probably about 40% of my calls dropped on a daily basis.

I've been with T-Mobile here in Vegas for about 5 years and have always had great service so I really don't think it's a carrier issue.

As a pro working musician I really need to own an iPhone because my iPhone and iPads do so many things related to live music,,, if I wasn't a musician I would just call it a day and just switch back to a Galaxy or Note.

Ohh well,,, I guess I'll just have to live with the "it just works" phone for now and decide what to do when the Note 6 and iPhone 7 come out.

Cheers
Davyo

I usually show 2 dots in my status bar with Verizon, but don't recall having any dropped calls with my 6s Plus. Have you tried Reset Network Settings?
Reset Network Settings Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not buying it. I have an iPhone 6s on T-Mobile and have zero problems. In fact, this phone gets a better signal than any other phone I've ever had, and I get service in places I didn't get any at all with other phones.

Are you in Vegas? Have you ever used your iPhone in Vegas on T-Mobile's network? Any experience outside of that geographic area is pretty irrelevant.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I usually show 2 dots in my status bar with Verizon, but don't recall having any dropped calls with my 6s Plus. Have you tried Reset Network Settings?
Reset Network Settings Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

I'm with Ledsteplin. Try resetting network settings.
If that doesn't help, do you have an Apple Store in your area? I recommend taking it there. Nothing against the people at any of the carrier stores but their first responsibility is to sell phones, not provide technical support. The geniuses at Apple Stores are very well trained and are not salespeople.

EDIT: I just noticed your post states that ALL of your iPhones are having issues. Still worth taking the 6s to the Apple Store though as it's still under warranty.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Yep, did all that a few days ago.

Cheers
Davyo

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I ALWAYS have 5 full dots on my iPhone, T-Mobile was kind enough to give me one of their just released brand new LTE cellular booster for my house,,, I went from 1 or 2 dots to 5 dots all the time, still didn't fix the problem though.

Cheers
Davyo

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
EDIT: I just noticed your post states that ALL of your iPhones are having issues. Still worth taking the 6s to the Apple Store though as it's still under warranty.

Yep, and that's extra odd,,, I've had this issue with my 6, 6+, 6s+ and now my 6s,,, but never had these issues with any of my Notes 1 thru 5 or my Galaxy S7 Edge.

Perhaps my body gives off some anti Apple magnetic charge ,,, but all my iPads work flawlessly.

Cheers
Davyo

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep, and that's extra odd,,, I've had this issue with my 6, 6+, 6s+ and now my 6s,,, but never had these issues with any of my Notes 1 thru 5 or my Galaxy S7 Edge.

Perhaps my body gives off some anti Apple magnetic charge ,,, but all my iPads work flawlessly.

Cheers
Davyo

If there's been several phones do this, then it's not likely the phones, but something else. But usually anything that affects the signal will show with a low number of dots. I just don't think it's your phone. Does it do that way everywhere, or just at home?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If there's been several phones do this, then it's not likely the phones, but something else. But usually anything that affects the signal will show with a low number of dots. I just don't think it's your phone. Does it do that way everywhere, or just at home?

Yea,, my phone drops calls anywhere I'm at, even at home were I ALWAYS have 5 full dots thanks to the little mini home cell tower thingy that T-Mo gave me, getting that took me from 1 or 2 dots to 5 dots 100% of the time when I'm at home.

And having the same issue with my 6+, 6, 6s+ and now 6s just has me confused beyond confused,,,, I've tried everything I can think of, even disassociating my iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro from my 6s.

The last thing I will try is a trip to my local Apple store and see if they can be of help.

The dropped call issue is so bad that with every call I make or receive I start the conversation by telling the person on the other end ,,,, "ok, this call is probably going to drop, so when it does don't call me back, I'll call you right back, that way we're both not calling each other at the exact same time and not getting thru to each other"

If the Apple store doesn't have a clear fix for me I'll just stick with my 6s until the iPhone 7 and Note 6 come out and switch to one of those with my T-Mo jump program.

On the bright side though I absolutely LOVE my iPad Pro and my Air 2,,, best money I ever spent in my life and besides I'm not a big fan of Samsung tablets.

When it come to phones though I'm happy with either Apple or Samsung, whichever one is working without issues, the Samsung's and Apples both have their pros and cons which usually weigh out to be 50/50 for my phone needs.

Ohh well,, that's all I got.
But thank you EVERYONE for your replies and advice.

Cheers
Davyo

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yea,, my phone drops calls anywhere I'm at, even at home were I ALWAYS have 5 full dots thanks to the little mini home cell tower thingy that T-Mo gave me, getting that took me from 1 or 2 dots to 5 dots 100% of the time when I'm at home.

And having the same issue with my 6+, 6, 6s+ and now 6s just has me confused beyond confused,,,, I've tried everything I can think of, even disassociating my iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro from my 6s.

The last thing I will try is a trip to my local Apple store and see if they can be of help.

The dropped call issue is so bad that with every call I make or receive I start the conversation by telling the person on the other end ,,,, "ok, this call is probably going to drop, so when it does don't call me back, I'll call you right back, that way we're both not calling each other at the exact same time and not getting thru to each other"

If the Apple store doesn't have a clear fix for me I'll just stick with my 6s until the iPhone 7 and Note 6 come out and switch to one of those with my T-Mo jump program.

On the bright side though I absolutely LOVE my iPad Pro and my Air 2,,, best money I ever spent in my life and besides I'm not a big fan of Samsung tablets.

When it come to phones though I'm happy with either Apple or Samsung, whichever one is working without issues, the Samsung's and Apples both have their pros and cons which usually weigh out to be 50/50 for my phone needs.

Ohh well,, that's all I got.
But thank you EVERYONE for your replies and advice.

Cheers
Davyo

I don't see anyone else with this issue. I still don't think it's the phone. I suspect your carrier. Maybe check with them rather than Apple. Be sure to tell them it's happening with all your iPhones.