I need to transfer data from a virtually dead iPhone 5c to a new iPhone 6s, what is the best way to do this?

I

iMore Question

I need to transfer data from a "virtually dead" iPhone 5c to a new iPhone 6s.

My son's 5c wouldn't charge. Lightning Dock problem and his phone was completely out of charge. So he upgraded to an 6s and they couldn't charge the 5c or connect it in any way to transfer the data at the AT&T Store.
I was able to, after considerable wiggling and a touch of alcohol to clean out the dock, get the 5c to charge. I then tried to back it up on an old laptop that I reinstalled iTunes on just for this purpose. I signed into my son's account. It said the 5c need to be updated but that it would back up the phone first. I said OK. It completed the back-up but couldn't complete the update. I accidentally hit the wrong key and it started to restore the 5c, which would erase all of the important info I'd been trying to save. I stopped it right away. Now the 5c screen is stuck on the iTunes logo with with the lightning plug showing, as well. I have removed the sim card.
I'd like to either if and how to access the back-up on iTunes? Or how can I transfer the info on the sim card to the new 6s?

L. Lacey

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Re: I need to transfer data from a "virtually dead" iPhone 5c to a new iPhone 6s.

If you plug it back into iTunes it should tell you the state of the iPhone, and it sounds like it is indeed stuck in-between an iOS update and you are probably going to have to restore it to get it back. That being said, do you have an iCloud backup? If so you can restore the iCloud backup to the new 6s...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR