6s or 6s plus? What to buy

anon(9708869)

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Is there a noticeable difference in the display and with OIS for the camera in the 6s plus and not the 6s? Also what other features/specs are glaringly different? I wish that Apple had boldly put the same specs into both sizes. I like the smaller size, but love the better specs in the 6s plus.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The 6s Plus has a 1080p display compared to a 720p on the smaller 6s. The battery life on the Plus is UNBEATABLE, best battery life out there. The OIS helps a lot, I love it and it's worth it if you like to take pictures or videos with your iPhone.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
The 6s Plus has a 1080p display compared to a 720p on the smaller 6s. The battery life on the Plus is UNBEATABLE, best battery life out there. The OIS helps a lot, I love it and it's worth it if you like to take pictures or videos with your iPhone.

Agreed, but not pocket friendly, got a 6s and tempted with the beautiful new iPhone SE

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
The plus has a much bigger battery, better camera and better screen. Unless you need a smaller phone, I'd get the Plus

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I looked at the plus and decided on the 6S only because of size and the SE looks so tempting beautiful pocket friendly phone .

Brandon Harhi

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
If battery life has ever been an issue on any phone you have, I would go for the Plus. The OIS is nice, especially if you plan on taking pictures in medium/low light. Those are the biggest two benefits of the Plus, in my opinion.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
It's totally up to you. There isn't a better device. There is a device that fits your needs. Do you need battery life and a slightly better (and bigger !) display? The Plus is the right choice.
Do you need better portability? 6S is the way to go.

WeTheNorthRTZ

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I was in the same position as you.. Loved the 6S Plus specs and screen size but loved the physical size of the 6S! Went with the Plus on launch week!

Loved it

But I slowlyy started to not love it as much... Grabbed a 6S from the Apple store to test it out and all the benefits I really liked in the Plus really didnt seem to matter anymore.

Im rockin the 6S now and totally happy!

I Love Apple

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
IPhone 6s because it is easier to use and fit in your pocket. But i went to Costco the other day and the 6s was way smaller than i anticipated. If your all about price, consider the 6s. But if your looking to go smaller, IPhone se is the way to go.

Last edited:

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't touched the 6S+ but after playing with my wife's old 6+ and my 6s side by side I'm happy with my 6s. The larger screen is sharper ( then again I'm coming from an lg G4 and unless I'm looking at fully cropped pictures I see no difference). The battery life is sure to be better on the 6s+, low light pictures will be better. With all that said I'd still rather take the 6s because it's just easier to manage in daily life. If I have a problem with battery life I'll just get a battery case. But for me the ability to quickly and easily use my phone without shuffling it around my hand is king. I would say play with them both and find the better fit for your hands and life style.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
If you can handle the size, go 6s+ and be done. My wife has the 6s+ and every time I pick it up to use it, I'm shocked at what a beautiful device it is! The picture is sharp, battery is amazing and texting/typing is almost natural on it.

I had the iPhone 6 until the SE came out. I'm now rocking the SE as my go to just because I can't handle the larger size of the 6s+. I need 1 hand operation and the SE fits the bill for me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods