This is why I will always have an iPhone!

SR45

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I really liked the S7 edge at first, but with some issues that were present, and discussed on the AndoridCentral forum, I returned mine after only a few days. For some reason, I just felt comfortable with the iPhone. Not all of them. Had the iPhone 5s, than the iPhone 6s+, but did not like the size, so I got the S7edge, than went to the iPhone 6s, which I settled in for the long haul. Apples OS was just right for me, and seemed simpler to use. If Samsung had the iOS from Apple, it would be a no brainer for me. Really like the style of the S7edge/Camera, but that was not the case. Hope Apple will do some trimming of the Bezel on their phones soon and give us an f/1.7 camera. :yes:

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
it truly falls into what you like, the consumers preferences. I will always own an iPhone because i love the simplicity of it, the flow of its ecosystem through all my Apple products. I used an Android before and didn't like it, doesn't make it a bad phone, it is just not a phone for me, so i went back to Apple. It doesn't make Apple superior to Android or vise versa, it comes to down to consumers preferences, we like different things.
Although you are spot-on, we live in a time where sticking with something too long simply because it continues to work best for you or because it is what you prefer is frowned upon. They can't seem to understand that "new and better" may not be better for you. Know what I mean?

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I went from a 6s to a LG V10 to a S7 and finally I'm back to the 6s. The V10 had horrible battery issues and the S7 had literally every problem under the sun. It got to the point where I couldn't download paid apps from the play store at all and calling Google support did nothing.

I walked back into the t-mobile store and said "I need my iPhone back!"

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been eyeing this thread for awhile and trying not to post in it. Truthfully I don't know if I will always use an apple phone. I am not loyal to any brand (since they aren't paying me). I will say for the most part the iPhone works best for me at this time. My family has nothing but Apple products and family sharing is awesome. I will not say Apple phones are perfect nor will I say that Apple does not have some issues with their phones from manufacturing to software issues. But Apple does have great QA along with a great support system so I know if their is an issue; the fix is only A short drive away.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
When I bought my iPhone 6s by the end of December 2015 I thought the same. Even when as a phone and a simple user Apple products are good, I noticed a few things I wasn't happy with.
6 or 6s are aesthetically ugly, antenna stripes, protruding camera and rounded shape.
Camera is good but far from very good. Blurred macro pictures, poor detail.
Battery life was average, impressive cause with only 1700 mAh does a good job.
Screen with retina display is just OK.
Text is small and not easy to read.
Worst thing is Apple keyboard, no hepatic vibration, and numbers and symbols are hard to type.

Bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and I'm keeping the iPhone for my son, even when Android, I'm very happy with it, and guess I'll never purchase another iPhone until Apple produces something really revolutionary, as my very first iPhone 3Gs, at the present time if you want a revolutionary product you need to look elsewhere.
I'm so impressed with the Edge, it is the perfect phone, not just our of the box, but with some customization it does a lot more. Some Apple products are unique, like my iMac or my Airport Extreme/Express router's. iPhone is a product that is a bit old and evolved in the wrong direction.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Text size can easily be customized from Settings/Display & Brightness/Text Size.
Yes, in fact I did that also using bold typeface, but it's only a workaround, small text is beautifully shown on a better screen and easier to read.

Rumors are Apple will use amoled screens with better resolution, and probably Samsung technology for newer iPhone.

Also notifications are basic in iOS, Apple should improve them in the near future.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, in fact I did that also using bold typeface, but it's only a workaround, small text is beautifully shown on a better screen and easier to read.

Rumors are Apple will use amoled screens with better resolution, and probably Samsung technology for newer iPhone.

Also notifications are basic in iOS, Apple should improve them in the near future.

Apps that support Dynamic Type will adjust to your preferred reading size.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1461612763.325930.jpg

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi ts. I came from S7 Edge too. Before that I was using iPhone 6 Plus... After witnessing the big upgrade and advance feature in S7 Edge TouchWiz as well as hardware... I decided being simple does help too. The iPhone 7 Plus display is cool enough too though the feature is outdated... not as open as Android... But iOS and new iPhone hardware simply work... love the ecosystem and apps variety...

Good to be back...

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I went through a period of fourteen years when I bought every phone that caught my eye. I don't want to think how much I've spent.
I've stopped all that. Every phone except my Lumia 1520 and every Apple phone has failed me.
I will never buy another Samsung phone. None has remained trouble free beyond the first major OS update. None.
Never had any issue with any iPhone.
So.....this is why I'll always have iPhones and never again buy another Samsung product.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Totally agreed.

Work got me a 6s recently I never was an ios user. Ios is many things but perfect it's not. IPhones have the same issues android phones do as well.

At work they gave us the choice of SGS5 and iPhone 6. I chose SGS5 because of the removable battery.

I lasted eight months. Had to exchange it. Buggy. Dropped my data connection ALL the time. The Good Tech application on it was trash. So I went in, returned it, and got an iPhone.

I've now had my iPhone for work for ten months. Not one single problem. Nothing. Nada. Niente. Zip. Zilch.

My work *stopped* handing out Samsung/Android devices. We're all iPhones now.

No problems. Nothing. Nada. Niente. Zip. Zilch.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I went through a period of fourteen years when I bought every phone that caught my eye. I don't want to think how much I've spent.
I've stopped all that. Every phone except my Lumia 1520 and every Apple phone has failed me.
I will never buy another Samsung phone. None has remained trouble free beyond the first major OS update. None.
So.....this is why I'll always have iPhones and never again buy another Samsung product.

I loved my 1520, but it was too big after a while. I also love my 950, but have committed to giving iPhone a try for a year, and see what shakes out in Windows 10 Mobile. I do really love the Windows UI, and the app "issue" wasn't one for me. If I don't end up switching back I'm sure I will stay with iPhone. I do like the customization available in Android, but I like the smoothness of iOS and the hardware quality much more.

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Do you ever miss your Note phone? I still have my Note 4 and I can't seem to give it up. Some days I think about switching back but I am so deep into the apple ecosystem with my imac, ipad, and iphone 6s plus that I can't imagine walking away from it. But man I love the Note!!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm currently eyeing that Google Pixel phone so I can't say I will always use an iPhone exclusively. But if I do decide to test drive the Pixel, my 7 Plus will still be close.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you ever miss your Note phone? I still have my Note 4 and I can't seem to give it up. Some days I think about switching back but I am so deep into the apple ecosystem with my imac, ipad, and iphone 6s plus that I can't imagine walking away from it. But man I love the Note!!

I do miss it. Not how it got, but how it was.

The first year was awesome. After the first upgrade, it became extremely frustrating to use.

I still have it, along with all the other phones that are now retired.

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I do miss it. Not how it got, but how it was.

The first year was awesome. After the first upgrade, it became extremely frustrating to use.

I still have it, along with all the other phones that are now retired.
I'll never give up the Apple ecosystem. It's so spoiling!! But I think I'll tinker around with this Note 4 until it dies. Might even pick up a Note 8 to play with if there is such a thing!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll never give up the Apple ecosystem. It's so spoiling!! But I think I'll tinker around with this Note 4 until it dies. Might even pick up a Note 8 to play with if there is such a thing!

Oh no. No more Samsung for me.
Since 2009 only one phone has never let me down and remained perfect. I'm sticking with it and I'm not bothering giving cash to anyone else. Except maybe a Windows/Nokia phone somewhere in the future if possible.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh no. No more Samsung for me.
Since 2009 only one phone has never let me down and remained perfect. I'm sticking with it and I'm not bothering giving cash to anyone else. Except maybe a Windows/Nokia phone somewhere in the future if possible.

What's the draw of the Windows/Nokia, other than good camera, Lil?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
What's the draw of the Windows/Nokia, other than good camera, Lil?

I love the UI. I love the live tiles and how the menus are laid out. Also One Drive and Microsoft services. Also it has a fantastic battery life. And although the app situation is pretty bad, it still manages to have the vast majority of the apps I use.

It would never replace my iPhone but it's a good sidekick. My 1520 is still going strong.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro