This is why I will always have an iPhone!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Not too many, but, off the top of my head:

"Antenna-gate" - the poorly designed antenna on the iPhone 4. That affected every iPhone 4 as it originally shipped.

There is a recall for some iPhone 6 Plus units due to a faulty iSight camera.

There was a battery recall for the iPhone 5, as well as a recall for the sleep/wake button, that affected enough people to actually have them covered post-warranty.

The original iOS 7 release was really buggy and many, many people hated it, and not just because of the major interface changes.

Well antenna-gate was way over blown as far as I am concerned. I never could replicate the condition no matter how I tried, and then of course, Apple did fix the design with the iPhone 4 CDMA.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I've had the 4, 5, 6, now the 6s plus. I cant recall any major hardware or software issues; and the 4 and 5 were phones bought off craigslist. If I was to ever switch back, it would be a Note or a Nexus. But, the IPhone does everything I need so I'm good.

bizymare

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
We have five iPhones, five iPads, and a Galaxy 4S. I have made plenty of trips to the Apple store for reasons inflicted upon us ourselves and reasons we had no explanation for. I appreciate the "it's not working out of the box" feeling but I also understand those things usually get fixed fairly quickly. I love my Galaxy and will never give it up but I love my iPhone equally. It's just always good to know you're not alone in any particular issue.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have only one reason why I will stay with Apple iPhones, I LIKE APPLE iPHONES. I've had Blackberry devices, Android devices and now Apple devices. The Apple iPhone just works for ME and the way I use MY smartphone.....No fancy reasons/remarks...I just like The Apple iPhone.
I just wish I would have switched to iPhones a lot sooner than I did to be honest.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have only one reason why I will stay with Apple iPhones, I LIKE APPLE iPHONES. I've had Blackberry devices, Android devices and now Apple devices. The Apple iPhone just works for ME and the way I use MY smartphone.....No fancy reasons/remarks...I just like The Apple iPhone.
I just wish I would have switched to iPhones a lot soon than I did to be honest.

I agree. While I love my Note 5 and also my Lumia 1020 too, if I had to stay with one phone it would be my iPhone 6s all day long.

BBerryPowerUser

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Apple concentrated on sleek, well built proprietary hardware. That was and still is their strength. You can't buy an iPhone made my 10 other manufacturers. Quality and reliability and form and function are incredibly high with iPhone. It's a well functioning piece of art.

Then, you have how it works. There is a reason people line up at Apple stores to be the first to buy the newest iPhone. For many people, it represents the pinnacle of perfection in smartphone technology up to that point.

For me, the ease of music casting to Bluetooth or Airplay VS how you have to work-around casting music with other platforms is key. DLNA is catching on, but Airplay and Bluetooth can be chosen right from the play screen. Not so on many other devices. And the fact that music is structured as an integrated part of the iOS, not as an application running apart from the core software - to me - is the clincher. Music is my life and iPhone is a MUSIC MACHINE. I love Apple Music, and the way it is integrated into the iOS. That was the final blow. I was technically knocked out. The match was over. iPhone won. ;)

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Apple concentrated on sleek, well built proprietary hardware. That was and still is their strength. You can't buy an iPhone made my 10 other manufacturers. Quality and reliability and form and function are incredibly high with iPhone. It's a well functioning piece of art.

Then, you have how it works. There is a reason people line up at Apple stores to be the first to buy the newest iPhone. For many people, it represents the pinnacle of perfection in smartphone technology up to that point.

For me, the ease of music casting to Bluetooth or Airplay VS how you have to work-around casting music with other platforms is key. DLNA is catching on, but Airplay and Bluetooth can be chosen right from the play screen. Not so on many other devices. And the fact that music is structured as an integrated part of the iOS, not as an application running apart from the core software - to me - is the clincher. Music is my life and iPhone is a MUSIC MACHINE. I love Apple Music, and the way it is integrated into the iOS. That, to me, was the final blow. I'm was technically knocked out. The match was over. iPhone won. ;)

Well said, thank you for sharing that.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
"Antenna-gate" - the poorly designed antenna on the iPhone 4. That affected every iPhone 4 as it originally shipped.

There is a recall for some iPhone 6 Plus units due to a faulty iSight camera.

This highlights an important distinction between poor design decisions which affect every example of a device, or individual specimens which fail due to defective components or incorrect assembly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Would the 6 plus bending issue be considered a similar hardware issue?
Heck no! The devices did not bend in and of itself.
As for software issues I think the biggest issue would have the be the imap release.
if you meant the Apple Maps release, a good deal of people might be in agreement.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I want my Note 5 back. I was going to get the S7 Edge, but I am hearing about too many problems with the S7.
Normally I take peoples problems with a grain of salt. But physical buttons and cameras not functioning. I will hold off.
I think I would rather have the S pen features than the Edge features anyways.

You (and many others) may also like this:
Opinion: Samsung could still ?learn? a thing or two from Apple | 9to5Google

THIS^^ is one of the reason many chose iOS over android. The rest is mostly blind fanboy hatred because they don't know how to enjoy ALL 3 phone operating systems. iOS, Android and WP all have positives and Negatives. Even iPhone.
My iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, and 6 ALL had to replaced by Apple within the first 3 to 6 months of owning them.
The reason that wasn't a big deal. Local Apple store made that painless. But. that is 7 phones that had to be replaced.
The only reason people find that so tolerable is because Apples Customer Service is stellar.
No so much on the other side, as you will see, if you read the article on 9to5google called Opinion: Samsung could learn a thing or two from Apple.
Check it out.

BjarneBK

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Ever since my Nokia 2110, I've had a lot of phones just for that little thing that made my day better.

I have loved my WP for the sheer speed and stability - but hated the lack of continuity and usability of all the programs that the phone wasn't born with (even programs like Facebook and wordfeud).

I was and am in awe of the features and possibilities of the Android system and the vendors like Samsung, Google and LG. Their products really rock for the main part. But i feel that the stock roms let the phones down - so I've allways rooted my phones for the best experiences. It also p&@&@ me off that (f.ex.) Samsung can't make a decent cover for my Galaxy that won't come with errors all the time, due to some contact / waterproof seal that won't stay put.

I love my iPhone and my iPad. I just feel it's more of a "whole package" and I enjoy that a lot. That said, I'd admit that would Android (Samsung) clean up their act - I'd probably shift to them instead. Just for the cheaper hardware and the more possibilities in the system. But until that day - which seems far away - I truly love and enjoy the simplicity and stability of the experience I get from my Apple devices.

Regards,
A danish dude with poor english ;-)

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
i've been through 3 iPhone 6's in 3 weeks and it won't stop me buying Apple devices... Maybe its time i be careful with my phones. huh.

If i actually though about it i could of easily come up with a story for a replacement, since all where within 14 days of each other...

oh well........

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
i've been through 3 iPhone 6's in 3 weeks and it won't stop me buying Apple devices... Maybe its time i be careful with my phones. huh.

If i actually though about it i could of easily come up with a story for a replacement, since all where within 14 days of each other...

oh well........

Are you saying that you've purchased and then broken three iPhones in less than a month? That's gotta be some kind of record!

mulatosnarf

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Now in regard to the article, Apple, Samsung, HTC, and others all have experienced something that didn't work as intended either at release or after an update. It happens. Because of Samsung's high standing in the tech world, it is starting to get Apple-like scrutiny.
Totally agreed.

Work got me a 6s recently I never was an ios user. Ios is many things but perfect it's not. IPhones have the same issues android phones do as well.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Totally agreed.

Work got me a 6s recently I never was an ios user. Ios is many things but perfect it's not. IPhones have the same issues android phones do as well.

True, but I would say that iPhones generally have less issues than Android counterparts because Apple maintains 100% control of the OS. In Android's case, Google makes the OS then the manufacture manipulates it and adds its own ROM (except for Nexus devices) and software. If Apple finds a problem in iOS it can quickly push out an update to fix it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2