Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree169Likes
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

I really liked the S7 edge at first, but with some issues that were present, and discussed on the AndoridCentral forum, I returned mine after only a few days. For some reason, I just felt comfortable with the iPhone. Not all of them. Had the iPhone 5s, than the iPhone 6s+, but did not like the size, so I got the S7edge, than went to the iPhone 6s, which I settled in for the long haul. Apples OS was just right for me, and seemed simpler to use. If Samsung had the iOS from Apple, it would be a no brainer for me. Really like the style of the S7edge/Camera, but that was not the case. Hope Apple will do some trimming of the Bezel on their phones soon and give us an f/1.7 camera.
    Last edited by SR45; 04-04-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza16 View Post
    it truly falls into what you like, the consumers preferences. I will always own an iPhone because i love the simplicity of it, the flow of its ecosystem through all my Apple products. I used an Android before and didn't like it, doesn't make it a bad phone, it is just not a phone for me, so i went back to Apple. It doesn't make Apple superior to Android or vise versa, it comes to down to consumers preferences, we like different things.
    Although you are spot-on, we live in a time where sticking with something too long simply because it continues to work best for you or because it is what you prefer is frowned upon. They can't seem to understand that "new and better" may not be better for you. Know what I mean?
    Ariza16 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

I went from a 6s to a LG V10 to a S7 and finally I'm back to the 6s. The V10 had horrible battery issues and the S7 had literally every problem under the sun. It got to the point where I couldn't download paid apps from the play store at all and calling Google support did nothing.

I walked back into the t-mobile store and said "I need my iPhone back!"
    Spencerdl and kataran like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,825 Global Posts

I have been eyeing this thread for awhile and trying not to post in it. Truthfully I don't know if I will always use an apple phone. I am not loyal to any brand (since they aren't paying me). I will say for the most part the iPhone works best for me at this time. My family has nothing but Apple products and family sharing is awesome. I will not say Apple phones are perfect nor will I say that Apple does not have some issues with their phones from manufacturing to software issues. But Apple does have great QA along with a great support system so I know if their is an issue; the fix is only A short drive away.
    BobR1908 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

When I bought my iPhone 6s by the end of December 2015 I thought the same. Even when as a phone and a simple user Apple products are good, I noticed a few things I wasn't happy with.
    6 or 6s are aesthetically ugly, antenna stripes, protruding camera and rounded shape.
    Camera is good but far from very good. Blurred macro pictures, poor detail.
    Battery life was average, impressive cause with only 1700 mAh does a good job.
    Screen with retina display is just OK.
    Text is small and not easy to read.
    Worst thing is Apple keyboard, no hepatic vibration, and numbers and symbols are hard to type.

Bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and I'm keeping the iPhone for my son, even when Android, I'm very happy with it, and guess I'll never purchase another iPhone until Apple produces something really revolutionary, as my very first iPhone 3Gs, at the present time if you want a revolutionary product you need to look elsewhere.
    I'm so impressed with the Edge, it is the perfect phone, not just our of the box, but with some customization it does a lot more. Some Apple products are unique, like my iMac or my Airport Extreme/Express router's. iPhone is a product that is a bit old and evolved in the wrong direction.
    iMore Pro

Default This is why I will always have an iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by bcandiolo View Post
    Text is small and not easy to read.
    Text size can easily be customized from Settings/Display & Brightness/Text Size.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scruffypig View Post
    Text size can easily be customized from Settings/Display & Brightness/Text Size.
    Yes, in fact I did that also using bold typeface, but it's only a workaround, small text is beautifully shown on a better screen and easier to read.

Rumors are Apple will use amoled screens with better resolution, and probably Samsung technology for newer iPhone.

Also notifications are basic in iOS, Apple should improve them in the near future.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bcandiolo View Post
    Yes, in fact I did that also using bold typeface, but it's only a workaround, small text is beautifully shown on a better screen and easier to read.

Rumors are Apple will use amoled screens with better resolution, and probably Samsung technology for newer iPhone.

Also notifications are basic in iOS, Apple should improve them in the near future.
    Apps that support Dynamic Type will adjust to your preferred reading size.

This is why I will always have an iPhone!-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1461612763.325930.jpg
    bcandiolo likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Hi ts. I came from S7 Edge too. Before that I was using iPhone 6 Plus... After witnessing the big upgrade and advance feature in S7 Edge TouchWiz as well as hardware... I decided being simple does help too. The iPhone 7 Plus display is cool enough too though the feature is outdated... not as open as Android... But iOS and new iPhone hardware simply work... love the ecosystem and apps variety...

Good to be back...
    Last edited by jianrong; 10-12-2016 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Back on iPhone..
    iMore Nanite

the only android phone that actually worked fine for me was the HTC ONE M8 and after a year i went back to Iphone...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    23,120 Global Posts

I went through a period of fourteen years when I bought every phone that caught my eye. I don't want to think how much I've spent.
    I've stopped all that. Every phone except my Lumia 1520 and every Apple phone has failed me.
    I will never buy another Samsung phone. None has remained trouble free beyond the first major OS update. None.
    Never had any issue with any iPhone.
    So.....this is why I'll always have iPhones and never again buy another Samsung product.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    23,120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mulatosnarf View Post
    Totally agreed.

Work got me a 6s recently I never was an ios user. Ios is many things but perfect it's not. IPhones have the same issues android phones do as well.
    At work they gave us the choice of SGS5 and iPhone 6. I chose SGS5 because of the removable battery.

I lasted eight months. Had to exchange it. Buggy. Dropped my data connection ALL the time. The Good Tech application on it was trash. So I went in, returned it, and got an iPhone.

I've now had my iPhone for work for ten months. Not one single problem. Nothing. Nada. Niente. Zip. Zilch.

My work *stopped* handing out Samsung/Android devices. We're all iPhones now.

No problems. Nothing. Nada. Niente. Zip. Zilch.
    TwitchyPuppy and Aubbre4 like this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    I went through a period of fourteen years when I bought every phone that caught my eye. I don't want to think how much I've spent.
    I've stopped all that. Every phone except my Lumia 1520 and every Apple phone has failed me.
    I will never buy another Samsung phone. None has remained trouble free beyond the first major OS update. None.
    So.....this is why I'll always have iPhones and never again buy another Samsung product.
    I loved my 1520, but it was too big after a while. I also love my 950, but have committed to giving iPhone a try for a year, and see what shakes out in Windows 10 Mobile. I do really love the Windows UI, and the app "issue" wasn't one for me. If I don't end up switching back I'm sure I will stay with iPhone. I do like the customization available in Android, but I like the smoothness of iOS and the hardware quality much more.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Do you ever miss your Note phone? I still have my Note 4 and I can't seem to give it up. Some days I think about switching back but I am so deep into the apple ecosystem with my imac, ipad, and iphone 6s plus that I can't imagine walking away from it. But man I love the Note!!

Well I'm currently eyeing that Google Pixel phone so I can't say I will always use an iPhone exclusively. But if I do decide to test drive the Pixel, my 7 Plus will still be close.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    23,120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aubbre4 View Post
    Do you ever miss your Note phone? I still have my Note 4 and I can't seem to give it up. Some days I think about switching back but I am so deep into the apple ecosystem with my imac, ipad, and iphone 6s plus that I can't imagine walking away from it. But man I love the Note!!
    I do miss it. Not how it got, but how it was.

The first year was awesome. After the first upgrade, it became extremely frustrating to use.

I still have it, along with all the other phones that are now retired.
    Aubbre4 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I do miss it. Not how it got, but how it was.

The first year was awesome. After the first upgrade, it became extremely frustrating to use.

I still have it, along with all the other phones that are now retired.
    I'll never give up the Apple ecosystem. It's so spoiling!! But I think I'll tinker around with this Note 4 until it dies. Might even pick up a Note 8 to play with if there is such a thing!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    23,120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aubbre4 View Post
    I'll never give up the Apple ecosystem. It's so spoiling!! But I think I'll tinker around with this Note 4 until it dies. Might even pick up a Note 8 to play with if there is such a thing!
    Oh no. No more Samsung for me.
    Since 2009 only one phone has never let me down and remained perfect. I'm sticking with it and I'm not bothering giving cash to anyone else. Except maybe a Windows/Nokia phone somewhere in the future if possible.
    Aubbre4 likes this.

Oh no. No more Samsung for me.
    Since 2009 only one phone has never let me down and remained perfect. I'm sticking with it and I'm not bothering giving cash to anyone else. Except maybe a Windows/Nokia phone somewhere in the future if possible.
    What's the draw of the Windows/Nokia, other than good camera, Lil?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    23,120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    What's the draw of the Windows/Nokia, other than good camera, Lil?
    I love the UI. I love the live tiles and how the menus are laid out. Also One Drive and Microsoft services. Also it has a fantastic battery life. And although the app situation is pretty bad, it still manages to have the vast majority of the apps I use.

It would never replace my iPhone but it's a good sidekick. My 1520 is still going strong.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    iMore Pro

I love the UI. I love the live tiles and how the menus are laid out. Also One Drive and Microsoft services. Also it has a fantastic battery life. And although the app situation is pretty bad, it still manages to have the vast majority of the apps I use.

It would never replace my iPhone but it's a good sidekick. My 1520 is still going strong.
    My Windows phone running Windows 10 has horrible battery life, in my opinion. The battery life just sucks down faster than any phone I have ever had. I have the 640, btw.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts

I haven't had the same experience. I have a 950 and that got about the same battery life as my 6s. I'm probably not a heavy user, I always end up with at least 30% at bed time. Like others have said I miss the live tiles and the UI. Widgets are not substitute for live tiles no matter how much we might try to make ourselves believe that they are.

For me the app "issue" isn't really a concern. I switched to iOS (for a few weeks) and back to W10 earlier this year, and didn't really miss any apps. Sure I have more on my iphone, but I don't NEED them. The ones that I use on a daily basis are available on both iOS and W10.

I do still use most of the Microsoft services (Outlook, Onedrive, Groove, etc.), though they do seem to have just changed something in the last week or so and my shared calendar with my wife doesn't work.

I will try to embrace more of the Apple ecosystem of services to truly get the most out of my iPhone this time. Like I said I'm committed to using it for at least a year (just something I did for myself, not a contract or anything like that). I am still keeping a close eye on W10 though.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    23,120 Global Posts

My 1520 has been brilliant. Couldn't have served me better.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345