Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 123
Like Tree169Likes
  1. #26  
    BBerryPowerUser's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,350 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Apple concentrated on sleek, well built proprietary hardware. That was and still is their strength. You can't buy an iPhone made my 10 other manufacturers. Quality and reliability and form and function are incredibly high with iPhone. It's a well functioning piece of art.

    Then, you have how it works. There is a reason people line up at Apple stores to be the first to buy the newest iPhone. For many people, it represents the pinnacle of perfection in smartphone technology up to that point.

    For me, the ease of music casting to Bluetooth or Airplay VS how you have to work-around casting music with other platforms is key. DLNA is catching on, but Airplay and Bluetooth can be chosen right from the play screen. Not so on many other devices. And the fact that music is structured as an integrated part of the iOS, not as an application running apart from the core software - to me - is the clincher. Music is my life and iPhone is a MUSIC MACHINE. I love Apple Music, and the way it is integrated into the iOS. That was the final blow. I was technically knocked out. The match was over. iPhone won.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  
    BobR1908's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by BBerryPowerUser View Post
    Apple concentrated on sleek, well built proprietary hardware. That was and still is their strength. You can't buy an iPhone made my 10 other manufacturers. Quality and reliability and form and function are incredibly high with iPhone. It's a well functioning piece of art.

    Then, you have how it works. There is a reason people line up at Apple stores to be the first to buy the newest iPhone. For many people, it represents the pinnacle of perfection in smartphone technology up to that point.

    For me, the ease of music casting to Bluetooth or Airplay VS how you have to work-around casting music with other platforms is key. DLNA is catching on, but Airplay and Bluetooth can be chosen right from the play screen. Not so on many other devices. And the fact that music is structured as an integrated part of the iOS, not as an application running apart from the core software - to me - is the clincher. Music is my life and iPhone is a MUSIC MACHINE. I love Apple Music, and the way it is integrated into the iOS. That, to me, was the final blow. I'm was technically knocked out. The match was over. iPhone won.
    Well said, thank you for sharing that.
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
  3. #28  
    w00cash1020's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    This topic feels like " I never had any problems with my phone so that means noone else did either"... sigh
    ectobs likes this.
  4. #29  

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    "Antenna-gate" - the poorly designed antenna on the iPhone 4. That affected every iPhone 4 as it originally shipped.

    There is a recall for some iPhone 6 Plus units due to a faulty iSight camera.
    This highlights an important distinction between poor design decisions which affect every example of a device, or individual specimens which fail due to defective components or incorrect assembly.
  5. #30  
    nucleisoft's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    what about all the buttons on the iPod touch 4, they all stop working after a while.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by w00cash1020 View Post
    This topic feels like " I never had any problems with my phone so that means noone else did either"... sigh
    I disagree, I think it's a good thread with real life experiences.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsden View Post
    Would the 6 plus bending issue be considered a similar hardware issue?
    Heck no! The devices did not bend in and of itself.
    As for software issues I think the biggest issue would have the be the imap release.
    if you meant the Apple Maps release, a good deal of people might be in agreement.
    BobR1908 likes this.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    I disagree, I think it's a good thread with real life experiences.
    Agreed.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  
    BobR1908's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by w00cash1020 View Post
    This topic feels like " I never had any problems with my phone so that means noone else did either"... sigh

    It appears you did not read the thread, unfortunate really but I guess that can occasionally come with the territory of following forums.
    Spencerdl likes this.
  10. #35  
    mayconvert's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    I want my Note 5 back. I was going to get the S7 Edge, but I am hearing about too many problems with the S7.
    Normally I take peoples problems with a grain of salt. But physical buttons and cameras not functioning. I will hold off.
    I think I would rather have the S pen features than the Edge features anyways.

    You (and many others) may also like this:
    Opinion: Samsung could still ?learn? a thing or two from Apple | 9to5Google

    THIS^^ is one of the reason many chose iOS over android. The rest is mostly blind fanboy hatred because they don't know how to enjoy ALL 3 phone operating systems. iOS, Android and WP all have positives and Negatives. Even iPhone.
    My iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, and 6 ALL had to replaced by Apple within the first 3 to 6 months of owning them.
    The reason that wasn't a big deal. Local Apple store made that painless. But. that is 7 phones that had to be replaced.
    The only reason people find that so tolerable is because Apples Customer Service is stellar.
    No so much on the other side, as you will see, if you read the article on 9to5google called Opinion: Samsung could learn a thing or two from Apple.
    Check it out.
    BobR1908 likes this.
  11. #36  
    BjarneBK's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Ever since my Nokia 2110, I've had a lot of phones just for that little thing that made my day better.

    I have loved my WP for the sheer speed and stability - but hated the lack of continuity and usability of all the programs that the phone wasn't born with (even programs like Facebook and wordfeud).

    I was and am in awe of the features and possibilities of the Android system and the vendors like Samsung, Google and LG. Their products really rock for the main part. But i feel that the stock roms let the phones down - so I've allways rooted my phones for the best experiences. It also p&@&@ me off that (f.ex.) Samsung can't make a decent cover for my Galaxy that won't come with errors all the time, due to some contact / waterproof seal that won't stay put.

    I love my iPhone and my iPad. I just feel it's more of a "whole package" and I enjoy that a lot. That said, I'd admit that would Android (Samsung) clean up their act - I'd probably shift to them instead. Just for the cheaper hardware and the more possibilities in the system. But until that day - which seems far away - I truly love and enjoy the simplicity and stability of the experience I get from my Apple devices.

    Regards,
    A danish dude with poor english ;-)
    cphd likes this.
  12. #37  
    Tech198's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    i've been through 3 iPhone 6's in 3 weeks and it won't stop me buying Apple devices... Maybe its time i be careful with my phones. huh.

    If i actually though about it i could of easily come up with a story for a replacement, since all where within 14 days of each other...

    oh well........
    BobR1908 likes this.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech198 View Post
    i've been through 3 iPhone 6's in 3 weeks and it won't stop me buying Apple devices... Maybe its time i be careful with my phones. huh.

    If i actually though about it i could of easily come up with a story for a replacement, since all where within 14 days of each other...

    oh well........
    Are you saying that you've purchased and then broken three iPhones in less than a month? That's gotta be some kind of record!
    libra89 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
  14. #39  
    mulatosnarf's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Now in regard to the article, Apple, Samsung, HTC, and others all have experienced something that didn't work as intended either at release or after an update. It happens. Because of Samsung's high standing in the tech world, it is starting to get Apple-like scrutiny.
    Totally agreed.

    Work got me a 6s recently I never was an ios user. Ios is many things but perfect it's not. IPhones have the same issues android phones do as well.
  15. #40  

    Default This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by mulatosnarf View Post
    Totally agreed.

    Work got me a 6s recently I never was an ios user. Ios is many things but perfect it's not. IPhones have the same issues android phones do as well.
    True, but I would say that iPhones generally have less issues than Android counterparts because Apple maintains 100% control of the OS. In Android's case, Google makes the OS then the manufacture manipulates it and adds its own ROM (except for Nexus devices) and software. If Apple finds a problem in iOS it can quickly push out an update to fix it.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #41  
    BobR1908's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    True, but I would say that iPhones generally have less issues than Android counterparts because Apple maintains 100% control of the OS. In Android's case, Google makes the OS then the manufacture manipulates it and adds its own ROM (except for Nexus devices) and software. If Apple finds a problem in iOS it can quickly push out an update to fix it.
    Agree
  17. #42  
    mulatosnarf's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    True, but I would say that iPhones generally have less issues than Android counterparts because Apple maintains 100% control of the OS. In Android's case, Google makes the OS then the manufacture manipulates it and adds its own ROM (except for Nexus devices) and software. If Apple finds a problem in iOS it can quickly push out an update to fix it.
    I should have also mentioned hardware issues more so


    But in any case I have both but android allows me to do more

    Work won't let me jailbreak it so I have two phones
  18. #43  

    Default This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by mulatosnarf View Post
    I should have also mentioned hardware issues more so


    But in any case I have both but android allows me to do more

    Work won't let me jailbreak it so I have two phones
    Gotcha. Depends on the Android device too. Some are garbage. I've always loved the quality of Nexus devices and I give Samsung a lot of credit too (although I'm not a fan of TouchWiz). The S7 is a really, really nice phone.
    Android is definitely easier to customize. If you like to tinker, Android is great. If you believe in the "it just works" philosophy, iOS has an advantage.
    mumfoau likes this.
  19. #44  
    w00cash1020's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobR1908 View Post
    It appears you did not read the thread, unfortunate really but I guess that can occasionally come with the territory of following forums.
    Yes you can explain that to yourself any way you want.
  20. #45  
    johnathanblade's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    You have to be willing to work with the environment in which you are working. In my experience, Bluetooth connects more strongly to my Android devices, and more devices pair properly more consistently. Casting to a Chromecast or a Roku for audio or video is also a consistently functional and user friendly experience.
  21. #46  
    Chairman Plow's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    I have only one reason why I will stay with Apple iPhones, I LIKE APPLE iPHONES. I've had Blackberry devices, Android devices and now Apple devices. The Apple iPhone just works for ME and the way I use MY smartphone.....No fancy reasons/remarks...I just like The Apple iPhone.
    I just wish I would have switched to iPhones a lot sooner than I did to be honest.
    The reason that matters more than anything else.
    Spencerdl and libra89 like this.
  22. #47  
    tnt4's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    iMessage (and Facetime) and less distractions... that's why I prefer iOS / iPhones.

    First and foremost, literally every single person I care about uses an iPhone - between work teams, family, and friends. Whenever I switch to an Android device to mess around with (which is happening more and more seldom b/c of this) it screws everything up with the group messages... the work related ones being the most important. Facetime comes in handy every now and then as well, and it's a helluva lot easier than saying "hey do you have Hangouts?" ... "What's that?" ... So good move Apple, your lock-in is working on me.

    Second - and this is strictly a personal problem - I really do love Android. My first smartphone was the Motorola Droid in 2009, and I've used most Android flagships since then. But I'm also a tinkerer. I don't root/rom any more, but even without going that "deep" there's still an endless assortment of options you can do to an Android device. Smartphones are already distracting enough - the last thing I need is 15 other reasons to pick it up and play with it in the few down moments I get. With iOS I get in, get what I need, and get out. I might change my wallpaper every now and then, but that's it. It's less of a "toy" than Android is - for me.
    Last edited by tnt4; 03-21-2016 at 12:19 AM.
  23. #48  
    drummerjb's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    25 Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry_B View Post
    Every device goes through their major issues. Apple is no exception, and proof of that can be found with a simple Google search.
    Honestly Google searches can be quite skewed, as I've learned from being a former Apple iOS Technician. You can practically type in any question and find the "answer" you're looking for. My favorite customers were the ones that would say,"I searched it on Google and so it's a "known issue"."
    BobR1908 likes this.
  24. #49  
    Sherry_B's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,361 Posts

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by drummerjb View Post
    Honestly Google searches can be quite skewed, as I've learned from being a former Apple iOS Technician. You can practically type in any question and find the "answer" you're looking for. My favorite customers were the ones that would say,"I searched it on Google and so it's a "known issue"."

    Unless your a newb with searches, you can find what you're searching for. I recommended a Google search to the OP because I felt he could handle a more advanced search.
  25. #50  

    Default Re: This is why I will always have an iPhone!

    Quote Originally Posted by scruffypig View Post
    Well antenna-gate was way over blown as far as I am concerned. I never could replicate the condition no matter how I tried, and then of course, Apple did fix the design with the iPhone 4 CDMA.
    All of these issues, regardless of manufacturer, are "overblown"....
    w00cash1020 likes this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone SE and the ultimate iPad justifier
    By PenguinOnStilts in forum iPhone SE
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 07:20 PM
  2. How can I disable an I pad from my apple account?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2016, 01:40 PM
  3. iHeart Radio has an AppleTV app now...
    By kch50428 in forum Apple TV
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2016, 01:13 PM
  4. Supposed iPhone SE packaging leak points to Apple Pay support
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2016, 10:22 AM
  5. Why is my Whatsapp Chat not sorted chronologically?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2016, 08:39 AM

Posting Permissions