Battery Doctor app shows this weird app - what is it?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Under Power Usage, in the Battery Doctor app (which seems to be a positive reviewed app), it shows the circled item with a particular power usage, implying it is running. What the heck is it? I am on latest iOS, I checked iTunes total set of apps and it's not there, not sure how to track it down? Any ideas? It has me a little worried.
IMG_1793.jpg

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Under Power Usage, in the Battery Doctor app (which seems to be a positive reviewed app), it shows the circled item with a particular power usage, implying it is running. What the heck is it? I am on latest iOS, I checked iTunes total set of apps and it's not there, not sure how to track it down? Any ideas? It has me a little worried.
View attachment 103819

This has been asked on just about every forum available. It has something to do with a news app which seems to be the most common answer I see. It has never been found to be harmful to your device. Best thing you can do is ignore it and just keep using and enjoying Battery Doctor.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I saw the same thing when I used the app. Those seemingly minor things bothered me too much, so I uninstalled the app. Funny how tiny things can be such huge annoyances.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Those are just examples. They may or may not be on your phone. Mine shows the same thing, but I don't have Kindle or some of the others. Just examples. No worries.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad to hear this! I have used it for sometime now. But I've wondered how useful it is! I think I'll keep it.

I use it mostly to delete cache. I also still have C. M. Security. It was pulled by iTunes. Not sure why. Was similar to Battery Doctor.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad to hear this! I have used it for sometime now. But I've wondered how useful it is! I think I'll keep it.

Allow the apps to remain cached... when cached they're not using any battery or any system resources. These types of "cleaners" are just a waste of space on your phone. (It's fine if you want to check your battery, but cache cleaning is a waste of time). If iOS required a "cleaner" it would have one built in. Just allow the phone to run as it's supposed to.

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I had Battery Doctor, it didn't seem to do anything so I deleted it when it was mentioned that it collected a lot of data for no reason to do with its functionality.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I had Battery Doctor, it didn't seem to do anything so I deleted it when it was mentioned that it collected a lot of data for no reason to do with its functionality.

Most, if not all, apps containing ads will do that. There's just about nothing on this planet that I detest more than advertisements.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2